UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Dave1988

Stand User
Yeah some of those "deals" are confusing.
The biggest one I spotted was the Collector's Edition of Sword Oratoria which is on sale for £59.99 but if you want it a bit cheaper a little know seller on Amazon marketplace called mvm_entertainment have it for £34.99 which is a steal in comparison 😉
Haha wow.. Thats just crazy marketing

Jon O Fun

Dragon Knight
The only one I would say is a sale price is Nozaki-kun.
Looking threw Amazon that is indeed the best priced one second is probably Garden of Sinners but the majority are the same price if not cheaper (Paranoia Agent & Eccentric Family) which makes me think they might not have actually applied the sale price yet?
Especially if their sale price is the same they themselves already sell it on Amazon for 🤷‍♂️

Dave1988

Stand User
Looking threw Amazon that is indeed the best priced one second is probably Garden of Sinners but the majority are the same price if not cheaper (Paranoia Agent & Eccentric Family) which makes me think they might not have actually applied the sale price yet?
Especially if their sale price is the same they themselves already sell it on Amazon for 🤷‍♂️
Looks like the prices are correct... Look at the rrp price and then sale price...most are showing 50%. Garden of sinners 89.99 was 179.99...i mean... Was it ever 179.99?

Violette

Student Council President
Paranoia Agent, Sword Oratoria, Kizumonogatari Part 2 and Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel III all seem to be at the standard price of around 25% off RRP, hopefully that's a mistake and we'll see them at 50% discount, will be tempted by Heaven's Feel then even though I don't have the others...

BTW, they have said stock of the Paranoia Agent CE was low in the past, if that does hit 50% off and anyone's on the fence.

Actually, that's something I've wondering about wrt MVM CE's;
Anime Limited clearly state their CE's are limited editions, ie they only get one print run and when they're sold out, that's it.

I'm not aware of MVM ever stating that, I wonder if they ever do additional print runs if a CE release sells really well at launch?

fathomlessblue

Student Council President
Looks like the prices are correct... Look at the rrp price and then sale price...most are showing 50%. Garden of sinners 89.99 was 179.99...i mean... Was it ever 179.99?

Yeah, unfortunately that's the actual rrp. You can put that squarely on Aniplex's shoulders, not MVM. Hell, it's a steal compared to the US. The original edition was $400, and 12 years on the re-release is still nearly $300.

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
I imported both the Japanese Garden of Sinners Standard Edition, which looks like the UK release, and the Limited Edition, the oversized box set with the big 8-disk digipak and book, back in 2015 for about US$230 each, so the £75 price for the UK set seems like a great price to me. 👍

Googlyhead

Brigade Leader
I imported both the Japanese Garden of Sinners Standard Edition, which looks like the UK release, and the Limited Edition, the oversized box set with the big 8-disk digipak and book, back in 2015 for about US$230 each, so the £75 price for the UK set seems like a great price to me. 👍
What’s the book like in the big set?
Not really knowing much about the Fate stuff; I simply bought the UK version as a blind buy for around £25 (which seemed reasonable for four ’movies’).
The result is that although I‘ve enjoyed the actual anime; I couldn’t say the set itself is particularly impressive as a card box of four Amarays with essentially a leaflet.
I seem to recall the discs defaulting to all JP settings (audio, subs off), so presumably they were exactly the same as the ones in the JP releases anyway.

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
Jesus, that's luxurious af wow.

Hey, you gotta copy paste those detailed unboxings on here more often, so good!

Well, whenever anyone asks about a specific title, or sometimes if there is an extended conversation about a specific title in a thread, I usually do try to post up the original photos I took of my sets when I first purchased them, or like above, a link to my post on the 'other' forum that has a full photo spread of the more deluxe sets. Just let me know what you want to see! I've pretty much taken photos of every anime title I've ever purchased, from the very beginning of my anime collecting hobby, so usually I don't have to physically pull it off the shelf to take a new photo.

Oh, and both Japanese GoS sets do have English subtitles.

zappi

Kiznaiver

Oldmario

Thousand Master
35% off crunchy titles at rarewaves

bigzgod

Dandy Guy, in Space
35% off crunchy titles at rarewaves
Thanks! Had to snag Golden Kamuy Season 1, since it only had a LE release in the US, which is long OOP.

International shipping was £3.50

Googlyhead

Brigade Leader