UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

SkwigglesWorth

Adventurer
Could be my chance to pick up the last two series of Food Wars at a decent price.
If your looking for food wars season 5 I pre-ordered a while back but the price hasn't really changed but its around £20-22
WOWHD (where I got it from on pre-order)
DeepDiscount
Both add VAT at checkout if I rememeber right (actually not sure I've use deepdiscount but I belive they add VAT at checkout)

RonJB

Student Council President
If your looking for food wars season 5 I pre-ordered a while back but the price hasn't really changed but its around £20-22
DeepDiscount
Both add VAT at checkout if I rememeber right (actually not sure I've use deepdiscount but I belive they add VAT at checkout)
Yes they do. And I was considering Deep Discount, as I've been using them on and off since about 2002. I shall see how good the sale is before making a decision.

sniper_samurai

Za Warudo
DeepDiscount
Wowhd and deepdiscount are the same company, check between them as Wow are sometimes cheaper due to the free shipping.

SkwigglesWorth

Adventurer
Wowhd and deepdiscount are the same company, check between them as Wow are sometimes cheaper due to the free shipping.
That does sound familiar, so I probably forgot that. Its quite possible your the one that told me before. But yeah the free shipping is usually why I tend to go for WOWHD, but yeah sometimes one is cheaper than the other and vice versa, so worth a check.

Googlyhead

Brigade Leader
Haibane Renmei is on MVM's DOTW, including the collector's edition for only £14.99.

I like this, but as I already have the DVD box version; i don’t see the updated release as having much to offer.
If there was more than just a couple of art cards; that would have made it essential. But as it is; I’m not even convinced a blu-ray version would offer improvements sufficient to upgrade.

On the other hand; equally notable (to the CE price) is that all configurations are on offer - the DVD is only £4.99 (which undercuts second hand and individual volumes), while the standard BR is £9.99, if you don’t want to spend £5 on 1x box and 4x cards…

Geriatric hedgehog

Thousand Master
Haibane Renmei is on MVM's DOTW, including the collector's edition for only £14.99.

Doing my weekly search for a good price for ACCA 13 five minutes ago.

Amazon UK have one for £15.66. For some reason I also got free postage.
Thanks for the heads up guys, much appreciated. I have the dvd of haibane renmei as well (yet to watch) but can't resist a CE at that price.

unknownfate

Pokémon Master
Could be my chance to pick up the last two series of Food Wars at a decent price.
Ordered seasons 3-5 myself, for reference:

Right Stuf- $167.62 (£136.67)
Deep discount- $136.75 (£111.50)
WowHD- £105

There's arguably going to be further bank/card charges for RS and DD for currency conversion etc so WOW is by far the cheaper option.

sniper_samurai

Za Warudo

WowHD- £105

There's arguably going to be further bank/card charges for RS and DD for currency conversion etc so WOW is by far the cheaper option.
If you have a discount code for deepdiscount it might come in a bit cheaper, try the code NURSESHARK.

RonJB

Student Council President

WowHD- £105

The RS birthday sale has started and seasons 3-5 of Food Wars on BR is now $105, making it a little more tempting if I can find other stuff to add to my basket.

unknownfate

Pokémon Master
In my case all I was after was those 3. By the time you add on the $40 shipping and the $21 import fees deposit it knocked the price up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-194457.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-194457.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 11

Otomo

Kiznaiver
In my case all I was after was those 3. By the time you add on the $40 shipping and the $21 import fees deposit it knocked the price up.
Thanks for that.
I'll have to do my sums.

As I need to get region B compatible I can't order as much as I'd like.

Quite fancied the School Live movies and The Book of Bantorra but probably can't play them.

Darren Skippings

School Idol
Thanks for that.
I'll have to do my sums.

As I need to get region B compatible I can't order as much as I'd like.

Quite fancied the School Live movies and The Book of Bantorra but probably can't play them.
Book of Bantorra is geo locked, so works on most UK players, not certain about School live movies, I don't own them.
Bantorra works fine though.

Otomo

Kiznaiver
Book of Bantorra is geo locked, so works on most UK players, not certain about School live movies, I don't own them.
Bantorra works fine though.
Thanks.

Adding every else I wanted
Akudama collectors
Godannar
Listen to me girls, I'm your father
Cobra the animation
Haganai

Meant that I'd being paying £28 each. Not enough of a sale for me
Might try again with just the $10-15 stuff.

Darren Skippings

School Idol
Thanks.

Adding every else I wanted
Akudama collectors
Godannar
Listen to me girls, I'm your father
Cobra the animation
Haganai

Meant that I'd being paying £28 each. Not enough of a sale for me
Might try again with just the $10-15 stuff.
they do keep adding new stuff each week usually for 4-5 weeks each Sunday, about 1200-1300 each week so not always best to buy first week although the prices of the first week are cheapest in the first week.