UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

RonJB

Student Council President
It is this version (I have the DVDs already)

Also, I should mention that it seems the quality control staff were sacked sometime near the end of volume three, as the final episode of three is also the first episode of four. Plus the next three episodes (regarding the flood) are on the disc in the wrong order. Still worth the money for a relaxing watch.

Last edited:
Okay, it’s not anime, but if you’re into mainstream blockbusters, it’s worth checking Amazon. In recent months, a bunch of supermarkets have stopped stocking movies and TV, most recently Tesco and Poundland. A whole lot of returns are now hitting Amazon judging by the state of the packaging (stickers and holes in cellophane where security devices were). I picked up a handful of MCU movies for under £4 each including Infinity War and Endgame. It’s worth a browse for some Blu bargains.

Oldmario

Thousand Master
Okay, it’s not anime, but if you’re into mainstream blockbusters, it’s worth checking Amazon. In recent months, a bunch of supermarkets have stopped stocking movies and TV, most recently Tesco and Poundland. A whole lot of returns are now hitting Amazon judging by the state of the packaging (stickers and holes in cellophane where security devices were). I picked up a handful of MCU movies for under £4 each including Infinity War and Endgame. It’s worth a browse for some Blu bargains.
not to be a debbie downer but i think with the MCU stuff it's just disney trying to shift printed copies in general because of D+, i've noticed their UHD stuff doesn't quite keep the value it once i guess as shown on the HMV site who frequently do disney stuff on a 2 for or 3 for deal even on stuff that released a couple weeks/months ago

not to be a debbie downer but i think with the MCU stuff it's just disney trying to shift printed copies in general because of D+, i've noticed their UHD stuff doesn't quite keep the value it once i guess as shown on the HMV site who frequently do disney stuff on a 2 for or 3 for deal even on stuff that released a couple weeks/months ago
It looks like you’re right on second thoughts. Pesky Di$ney. Another case of if you want to own it, get it now. It already looks as if some MCU titles like Civil War are OOP.

SteadyHandMcDuff

Dandy Guy, in Space
Silver Spoon S1 is a great price which I've been considering but Silver Spoon S2 is extremely hard to find. S2 is £20+ from what I've seen.

RonJB

I was checking out prices for Aria and noticed it was £28 (+ £1.95 postage) at CEX, BUT it was £28.99 (free postage and new) at MVM, Zavvi and HMV. I think it was £35 at Amazon. Hopefully the price will stay (at one of the three) until after my next payday.

MindGameCider

Completely Average High School Student

RonJB

HMV have a film and TV flash sale. Also 50% off.
The filter lets you choose anime and there are 27 titles.
I note Log Horizon season one (DVD) is in the sale at half price, while MVM still has BluRay's of season two for £1.99 each. Nice bargain! Makes me sad I bough LH1 two weeks ago from CEX for £22.

Paranomia

Completely Average High School Student
Zavvi Anime sale code: ANIME50
50% off, but as usual the prices start pretty high for the most part

Just received How Heavy are the Dumbbells you Lift? from the sale.
Surprised to see the spine on the slipcover and case says Dumbless :oops:

Is there a Funimation replacement scheme does anyone know?

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Just received How Heavy are the Dumbbells you Lift? from the sale.
Surprised to see the spine on the slipcover and case says Dumbless :oops:

Is there a Funimation replacement scheme does anyone know?
There isn't. I do know there are copies out there that have the correct name because I had to get a replacement due to a dead disc (I only needed a new Disc 2 but they sent me a whole new copy that had the correct name - even on the slipcase, which caught me off guard).