UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Magical Senshi

Straw Hat Pirate
They're actually not required to.
I'm guessing in terms of the UK VAT law, this explains why some companies are still shipping to the UK, but are not charging VAT during checkout, which can still result in people requiring to pay VAT/customs charges to the couriers or at their local post office (if it's handled by Royal Mail), just like they did prior to the new laws.

Geriatric hedgehog

Vampire Ninja
Not much in it, but I'll take Akira 4K with 40% off.

Likewise, been sitting on the fence for this one and missed the prime day deal so shall get this despite my reservations for having to exchange the SDR 4k disc for the HDR one, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, I'm sure this had been mentioned before somewhere, but could someone provide the link for how to exchange the packaged 4k one please? Thanks in advance.

sniper_samurai

Combat Butler
Likewise, been sitting on the fence for this one and missed the prime day deal so shall get this despite my reservations for having to exchange the SDR 4k disc for the HDR one, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, I'm sure this had been mentioned before somewhere, but could someone provide the link for how to exchange the packaged 4k one please? Thanks in advance.
Details are in this blog post.

Ricteix1976

Kiznaiver

Ricteix1976

Kiznaiver
And Black Bullet and a few others...

Last edited:

Violette

Kiznaiver
-- edit: price has jumped up to £47.66 now...

Amazon have the recent K Collector's Edition for £25, maybe not quite a bargain but I think the early bird was £35, cheap enough to get me to order it anyway.
It did drop to around £32 for a while before, then shot up to £40, and slowly dropped to this price, they must be price matching someone but I don't know who, anyways my point is it could drop even lower, but just as easily jump back to £32 or even £40 again.

My only concern is whether they'll just ship it in those crappy thin cardboard mailers they use for single blu-ray orders or not...

Last edited:

Ricteix1976

Kiznaiver
Not a huge price reduction, but a couple of the Ghost In The Shell movies are priced at £6.99 on Amazon UK

Jon O Fun

Pokémon Master
Magi season 1 part 1 for £6.99 on Amazon
(As with other Kazé titles I wouldn't count out AL or MVM re-releasing this as the license must have expired and pickings are slim atm)