UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
My order has already shipped, it’s been a while since I’ve used FedEX. I believe RACS use them for their packaging, though I haven’t used them in years.

unknownfate

Pokémon Master
My order has already shipped, it’s been a while since I’ve used FedEX. I believe RACS use them for their packaging, though I haven’t used them in years.

Watch out, had my last order RS order shipped with FedEx as it was about $10 cheaper than USPS. Then I get the bill from FedEx claiming shipping value was £133 and declared item value $100 when it was $39. That ended up more than doubling the VAT charge.

Got into an argument with them months ago over it, still haven't paid the charge and they're ignoring my messages now.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Watch out, had my last order RS order shipped with FedEx as it was about $10 cheaper than USPS. Then I get the bill from FedEx claiming shipping value was £133 and declared item value $100 when it was $39. That ended up more than doubling the VAT charge.

Got into an argument with them months ago over it, still haven't paid the charge and they're ignoring my messages now.
Thanks for the heads up, it’s supposed to arrive Friday so I’ll soon see if any shenanigans ensue.

ayase

State Alchemist
Popped into the Glades Bromley HMV. They had one copy of Universal's Drifters on DVD for under £15, but a whole stack of Universal's Arslan and Seraph of the End on Blu-ray for that price.
It’s amazing there are still so many unsold copies of Arslan and Seraph around even after they’ve been so heavily discounted for so long. I wonder how big the print run was... Far too big, obviously.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
It’s amazing there are still so many unsold copies of Arslan and Seraph around even after they’ve been so heavily discounted for so long. I wonder how big the print run was... Far too big, obviously.
Fopp in Covent Garden has a few in their discount section last time I checked. They’ve been hovering around that shop for ages.

Oldmario

Magical Girl
anytime Zoom (owned by universal) has a boxset sale they're in them nearly all the time and it's the only anime they ever actually put on offer too

Relaxo

Adventurer
The British (OOP), the French (OOP) and German (still avaiable) releases are identically in packaging, design and discs (all multi-lingual Blu-rays).
The only difference is the language of the 40p booklet.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
US related but basically Amazon US have been doing these "3 for 2" on various stuff and there's some anime included.

Examples include the out of print Goblin Slayer limited edition, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Sets, Elfen Lied limited edition steelbook, a number of Funimation standard and Essentials re-releases and of course everyone's favourite anime Bee Movie.

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Stiivun

Pokémon Master
Seems that “3 for 2” offer didn’t last long, as it’s no longer running. Was going to order some JoJo but oh well there’s always next time.