Uk all anime /manga tv channel

Hi

Im thinking about starting an all anime/manga channel on sky, but im not sure the uk fanbase is big enough to make it a success. I would be extremely grateful if you could post you thoughts , even ask peple you know see if they are intrested. Thanks
 

random_pie

Student Council President
I am all for more anime on TV :D but I was wondering what genre/s you would be showing? Personally I don't want to see more Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon etc. However, if you showed quality anime I would be more than happy to watch and promote a new channel :D
 

Espy

Thousand Master
Prove you have the money, resources and will to start an anime channel then we'll talk.

I wouldn't want the owner of the UK's only anime channel to have little knowlege of spelling, punctuation and grammar either, as that's something normally associated with kids and teenagers.

*hint hint*

*edit* and how do you plan to show manga on TV?
 

Gacha

Stand User
You'll want at least 5-6millon.
Some good connections.
A good knowledge of advertisement.

Thats just for starters :roll:

You don't just ask sky for a channel and they give you one :lol:
 

Hovis!

Vampire Ninja
Espy said:
Prove you have the money, resources and will to start an anime channel then we'll talk.

I wouldn't want the owner of the UK's only anime channel to have little knowlege of spelling, punctuation and grammar either, as that's something normally associated with kids and teenagers.

*hint hint*

*edit* and how do you plan to show manga on TV?

I agree. In fact, I'll go a step further.

I wouldn't want someone who suggests to set-up an animè channel who has strange delusions of grandeur.

P.S. Bizarre post.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
reno1 said:
Espy said:
*edit* and how do you plan to show manga on TV?

manga do make anime

yes the company do..but he means the manga comics. i think this is a slightly bizarre post. chances are you probably wouldn't be able to set it up at all, its not something you can do just by saying i want this done and there we go.
 

Ammish

Stand User
He just getting our hopes up, and even though if he fails to get a anime channel on, then I ain't too bothered. We have rapture and redemption tv, end of.

Give us proof and we give you loads of support, we have news saying a anime channel is going to reach the UK, but never did. UK have been suffering with news and rumors for a long time, so give us enough proof and a great selection of anime, then we support you.

Mind you, you are gonna have problem with Sky because Anime channels means a lot of edits or maybe a later time. Just a anime channel isn't going to be sucess on its own, Think about what its aiming at. Gets some help from people who started channels, and maybe get some people with you to start a channel. Its not a one man person job, you need the support you can get.
 
thanks for the one supportive message. I understand people have concerns but don't be so negative. I have a team behind me who are willing to support me all the way. I have done alot of research on the matter, but i just wanted to know if the fanbase was wide enough. Im not asking for negatvie opinions if me and my team didn't think it was possible i wouldn't have asked.I just want to know how many people would be willing to watch.
 

Hovis!

Vampire Ninja
supreme manime unlimited said:
thanks for the one supportive message. I understand people have concerns but don't be so negative. I have a team behind me who are willing to support me all the way. I have done alot of research on the matter, but i just wanted to know if the fanbase was wide enough. Im not asking for negatvie opinions if me and my team didn't think it was possible i wouldn't have asked.I just want to know how many people would be willing to watch.

I would be supportive towards such a project, be there no doubt about that, but unless you can give substance to your proposals, credibility will be absent.
 

Espy

Thousand Master
supreme manime unlimited said:
thanks for the one supportive message. I understand people have concerns but don't be so negative. I have a team behind me who are willing to support me all the way. I have done alot of research on the matter, but i just wanted to know if the fanbase was wide enough. Im not asking for negatvie opinions if me and my team didn't think it was possible i wouldn't have asked.I just want to know how many people would be willing to watch.

if you really had done a lot of research on the matter, you would know that the fanbase was not wide enough.

Anyway, you're not going to get any support until you prove that you are able to launch a channel on Sky. Something about your posts scream FIFTEEN YEAR OLD at me, and that's why I'm skeptical.
 

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The last time a figure was revealed, RaptureTV said they managed around 20,000 viewers for their anime block on Sunday. RaptureTV have strong links with the UK anime community through the internet, conventions and a couple of magazines but have spent little to no money advertising outside of these fan-driven areas. 20,000 viewers is basically nothing on Sky Digital.

If you are serious about starting up a channel, you will need over a million pounds just to get it off the ground, then you'll need to convince advertisers that it will be worth advertising on your channel. So if you launched and didn't get many viewers, don't expect the advertisers to be interested either.

That's not even considering the amount needed to spend on a channel based purely on outside acquisitions. The TV licensees won't be willing to part with their top properties for nothing.

Personally, I think an all anime channel can work, but only with the right shows at the right times and someone with more money than sense :)
 

Roadie

School Idol
Like the idea, but an all anime/manga channel? I don't think that would work out too well, I know little to nothing about the business that goes behind the sky channels but think it'd be better showing anime on different channels or only have your channel running at very limited times.
 

Junipurr

Completely Average High School Student
Do they have an all anime channel in the states? I'm sure I remember Newtype advertising one ages back, I don't know if that's still going though. I'm pretty sure you had to pay for it though, though I'm not sure how that all works there.

There would be a lot of interest in an Anime channel I reckon, because there are a lot of people in the UK interested in Anime and who would like to see more. Also people who have no contact with Anime could now watch it. I get all my Anime off bittorrent (sorry I do!) so I doubt I will watch it, I don't think I would have the time! I also dislike dubbed Anime but that's just me.

I'm sure you'd get backing from the Anime community if you wanted to start such a project but to do that you would have to show some evidence of being serious and actually having a plan!
 

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Junipurr said:
Do they have an all anime channel in the states? I'm sure I remember Newtype advertising one ages back, I don't know if that's still going though. I'm pretty sure you had to pay for it though, though I'm not sure how that all works there.

There would be a lot of interest in an Anime channel I reckon, because there are a lot of people in the UK interested in Anime and who would like to see more. Also people who have no contact with Anime could now watch it. I get all my Anime off bittorrent (sorry I do!) so I doubt I will watch it, I don't think I would have the time! I also dislike dubbed Anime but that's just me.

I'm sure you'd get backing from the Anime community if you wanted to start such a project but to do that you would have to show some evidence of being serious and actually having a plan!

they have the animenetwork, International channel (it's 70% anime) and the funimation channel
 

Primus

Dandy Guy, in Space
Ryo Chan said:
they have the animenetwork, International channel (it's 70% anime) and the funimation channel

In Canada, YTV plans to create an All Anime Channel called the Anime Channel, not a On Demand service like ADV's AnimeNetwork(YTV also has an On Demand Anime Service called Anime On Demand), and it isn't owned by an Anime Company. Meaning this is a rarity, where Anime's from Viz, Funimation, ADV, etc. can all co-exist. Infact if I recall correctly YTV had a meeting for the Channel on the 14(Yesterday here).
 

McIcy

Mushi-shi
As long as its not 5 hours of pokemon followed by 3 hours of pokemon johto league champions followed but 3 hours of pokemon advance followed by 3 hours of pokemon dungeon (seriously why isn't there just a pokemon channel, I'm sure they have enough episodes).

Would love it if we did get an anime channel that actually showed current series airing in Japan but the best we'd probably get would be some show that aired back in the 90's early 2000's if we're lucky.
 
Top