ufotable Announce Fate/Stay Night Project

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
The founder of ufotable, Hikaru Kondo, announced on his Twitter account that ufotable will be animating a Fate/Stay Night adaptation. He did not specify how it is being adapted or what route from the visual novel is being adapted.
Fate/Stay Night is an action and magic visual novel from Type-Moon. The Fate route of the visual novel was adapted into a TV series by Studio DEEN, and this was followed up by a movie adaptation of the Unlimited Blade Works route, also by Studio DEEN. ufotable have previously adapted the light novel prequel, Fate/Zero, into a TV anime. The final route, Heaven's Feel, has yet to gain an adaptation.

This is quite interesting as my sister and I just started watching Fate/Stay Night today. Four episodes in and we're finding it a bit difficult to get through. I love the idea and characters but it's certainly slow from what little I've seen.
I'll finish watching this and look forward to what this new adaptation brings!

MaxonTreik said:
If this becomes a remake I can finally erase from my memories the garbage by Studio DEEN.

Way too harsh there, they had a decent crack at it, hamstrung by the need to put nods to the various other story lines rather than sticking to Fate

A Fate remake would be a good idea, Heaven's Feel covers some uncomfortable ground so I'm not sure if they'd go for it. Perhaps if this is a success they could do an Unlimited Bladeworks that actually covers the plot rather than the fights

Rosencrantz said:
MaxonTreik said:
If this becomes a remake I can finally erase from my memories the garbage by Studio DEEN.

Way too harsh there, they had a decent crack at it, hamstrung by the need to put nods to the various other story lines rather than sticking to Fate
It's not harsh at all. Watch the CG dragon scene and try saying that again.

I really enjoyed Studio Deen's Unlimited Blade Works, haven't seen their FS/N attempt but definitely open to another version being made.

MaxonTreik said:
Rosencrantz said:
MaxonTreik said:

It's not harsh at all. Watch the CG dragon scene and try saying that again.

I'll not deny that was pretty pants

But you can't write it off just because of that

Rosencrantz said:
But you can't write it off just because of that
It was obviously an example.

Mangaranga said:
I just hope this is actually Ufotable's take on Fate Stay/Night first and NOT Heaven's Feel. I hear that's quite depressing.
Either way, I can't wait to see more FSN which looks like this.
I don't think it's any more depressing than UBW or Fate. It is a bit darker though.

Back