Tuesday 15th March UK anime chart

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
One day later than planned, this is our weekly UK anime chart based off of Play.com's best selling UK anime DVDs.<ul><span class=menu>1. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Vol.2 (Manga Ent.)
2. Trigun - Vol. 1: The Sixty Billion Dollar Man (MVM)
3. Love Hina - Vol.6: And The Winner Is... (MVM)
4. Cowboy Bebop - Vol. 2 (Beez)
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol. 1 (ADV)
6. Cowboy Bebop - Vol. 1 (Beez)

Please note, we try to include as many 'recent' releases in the chart as possible and therefore intentionally ignore the familiar old classics (like Akira and Spirited Away) that perennially out sell everything else.</span></ul>With no new DVD releases over the last few days, this week's chart is made up by several experienced performers. It should come as no surprise now that the second volume of Stand Alone Complex retains it's place (for a fourth week on the trot) at number one. The final volume of Love Hina has done well to climb into the top three, just ousted by Trigun #1, while Evangelion Platinum #1 makes a surprise return to the top 5.

With no less than 12 new UK releases planned for next Monday, next week's chart promises to be a very competitive and interesting top 10.

Hardly surprising considering how big a name GitS is.

But for crying out loud, with a title this important to the UK market, you'd have thought that bugs like audio dropout wouldn't have made it in there. :roll:

i wouldn't like to say, considering my own computer has been playing up just lately. MVM and Beez have both done pretty well this week as well although NGE platinum was always a sure-fire winner for ADV. i wonder how many of us are upgrading from the standard DVD edition...

Concrete badger said:
i wouldn't like to say, considering my own computer has been playing up just lately. MVM and Beez have both done pretty well this week as well although NGE platinum was always a sure-fire winner for ADV. i wonder how many of us are upgrading from the standard DVD edition...
I bought the box set, and ADV sent me copy of the platinum and other than more extras and a nice fancy box and insert its not worth buying the series again.

Although with NGE being a flagship product of ADV thats not surprising.

I never really care about vidio quality in these "remastered" versions , and I dont have a good enough sound set up to notice difference between sound quality ( Might be just me who dosent notice of course :p ). So im steering away from re-buying EVA much as I love the series , plenty ( too many ) , other titles I want to buy over a re-release of something I have already.

Concrete badger said:
MVM and Beez have both done pretty well this week as well although NGE platinum was always a sure-fire winner for ADV. i wonder how many of us are upgrading from the standard DVD edition...

I still have my VCDs I bought 4 years ago! I don't like Eva dubbed, I can't stand the dialogue changes, so I've never bothered with DVDs.

Well I went with RahXephon originally, so I never got NGE. I guess that means if I go for it, it's the Platinum for me. :)

I'm curious to know how many people here have the original 1990's videos of Evangelion? I don't just mean having bought them cheap on ebay or something, I mean buying them when they were first released in the UK!
I do :lol:

I had the entire set. Probably still do, Forbidden Planet had a buy one get two free offer as they where upgrading all the stuff they had to DVDs.

Back