Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake!!

Voddas

Symphogear
A massive earthquake has hit the north-east of Japan, triggering a tsunami that has caused extensive damage.

Japanese television showed cars, ships and even buildings being swept away by a vast wall of water after the 8.9-magnitude earthquake.

The quake has sparked fires in several areas including Tokyo, and numerous casualties are feared.

It struck about 250 miles (400km) from the capital at a depth of 20 miles. There have been powerful aftershocks.

The tremor hit at 1446 local time (0546 GMT). Seismologists say it is one of the largest earthquakes to hit Japan for many years.

LINK

I only just heard about this now. :eek:

Heard about this on the radio this morning. i feel sorry for em, 30ft tsunami and a quake. that side of the world is really down on their luck right now ( referring to australia/NZ)

Didn't see the other thread, but then I didn't think to look in the anime section. :p

When I saw it, I assumed it was talking about a previous incident. Just been watching some of the footage and holy crap!! I hope these tsunami's aren't going to become a trend.
Scary stuff like.

@Stu: Yeah at least it was out at sea. Imagine what it would have been like any further inland!

I heard about the nuclear plants and their problems! Japan are pritty prepared though. Hopefully they'll be able to ressolve the problem quickly (hopefully). It's mad how much fire there is too.

Their lucky it happened during the day too. People should have been more aware to act quicker.

Voddas said:
Their lucky it happened during the day too. People should have been more aware to act quicker.
It wouldn't have made much of a difference at night. People in Tokyo only got a 30 second warning before it hit.

oh shii

didn't know there was a nuke plant out there - struggling to maintain cooling levels..... this could have the potential to spread across oceans.

i remember a chat i had with a few squady mates i have about spread areas. if iraq was ever nuked then the spread affect area would leak radiation as close as france. i wasn't sure on it but if its true the japan nuke plant may just spark things in other countries :(

and no JUMP next week then.... bollocks.

Maxon said:
Voddas said:
It wouldn't have made much of a difference at night. People in Tokyo only got a 30 second warning before it hit.
That maybe so but still, I imagine you'd be able to do more in 30 secs from being awake than from being asleep.

oh... erm, i sort of read scans of naruto shippuden online. bad i know but i read the manga (as many others on here do) and they are released on a wednesday/thursday.

I still buy the anime mind, i'm not a completely bad person :p

Just heard about this, thankfully one of my friends from Japan has e-mailed me to say they're ok (other side of Japan).

Though i'm in trouble from dreaming about this sort of thing happening 2 nights ago, thankfully it wasn't the case of a giant earthquake destroying everything bar Japan

I would say it was very high imo, and it's getting higher. Recent updates statet that there are over 88,000 people still missing and 300 bodies have been found so far.
It's only going to get worse. :(

Yeah i heard, and it's horrid. Thoughts go to japan at this time =/ I'm just glad the death toll isn't higher, it's still bad enough mind you. Gonna keep an eye on this news all day probably.

With the amount of messages i'm receiving from twitter, its very bad.

A Dam has just broken in the Fukushima prefecture, its awful.

I do hope this ends soon, my thoughts are with everyone in Japan and around the world who is affected by this disaster. :(

Back