Tsubasa / xxxholic

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
Okay, what the smeg is going on? Was following it okay until this last arc, but seem to have missed something that makes it all fall into place. Now here is what i think has happened (needles to say MAJOR spoilers):-
Many moons ago Syaoran travelled to Clow country and met Sakura. Managed to get into her purificaltion ceremony and during this something bad happened though not quite sure what. In order to save her he made a deal with the devil (Fei Wong Reed) to save her. This ends up splitting his essence between Syaoran Li and Watanuki, and Fei Wong clones him, seals him a jar and sends his clone back in his place. All this was in preparation and possibly to aid Sakura to lossing her memories and sending them on the wild goose chase after the feathers.
This gave Fei Wong access to the feathers (powerful engery sources) and turned the dimesional walls into something like swiss cheese. A mixture of these things will allow him to bring someone back to life (don't know who).
Some where along the line the clone and orginal Syaoran swapped, and another Sakura appeared (but never the two shall meet), and they've now got back to Clow country. Problem is they have not yet got all the feathers and the country seems to be a degenerating loop.

Now there is also something going on with the water (from the reservoir part of the title). Watanuki collected it, Sakura paid for it and gave it to the people of acid rain tokyo in exchange for the feather in their reservoir. Acid rain tokyo became Clow country but beyond that i'm lost as to its importance
Will add more once I've slept, but if some one could help me untangle all this would be grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably need to say more than "MAJOR spoilers". As in, are you reading the volumes as they are released in English, or are you reading scans of the chapters as they released in Japan?

erm, I hope this isn't a really stupid question but are the two mangas meant to be read together? Cos I've only been reading xxxholic and I know the mangas kinda share characters...

Mini_minstrel said:
erm, I hope this isn't a really stupid question but are the two mangas meant to be read together? Cos I've only been reading xxxholic and I know the mangas kinda share characters...
Initially there was only a bit of a cross over. A guest appererance here, nod there, but as it has proressed the two manga are getting more and more interwoven. Bit of a bitch if you've only been reading one.

Back