Trinity Blood Collector's Edition Review

I'm curious about a few things.

On the back of the box sleeve, it states that the episode total is twenty-six, rather than twenty-four. Which is correct and what accounts for the discrepancy? I have yet to have the time to sit down and re-watch Trinity Blood [this is my favourite anime, so I'd want to sit down and binge this across one to two nights].

Also, I am curious why the dates on the back of all of the boxes/cases are consistently listed as 2005. I get that this was the original year that the show aired, but the fact that this is a brand new 'digital remaster' should have refreshed the copyright date, or at the very least the release date, to 2022 - shouldn't it? If ever I've bought a remaster, the date in the small print is the most recent year, the year of the re-release. Reading the boxes/cases, one is left feeling that this is just 'new' old stock from almost twenty years ago.

Also, I am curious why the dates on the back of all of the boxes/cases are consistently listed as 2005. I get that this was the original year that the show aired, but the fact that this is a brand new 'digital remaster' should have refreshed the copyright date, or at the very least the release date, to 2022 - shouldn't it? If ever I've bought a remaster, the date in the small print is the most recent year, the year of the re-release. Reading the boxes/cases, one is left feeling that this is just 'new' old stock from almost twenty years ago.
The copyright year would usually remain unchanged, as that was the year the copyright came into effect, even when they do a remaster or upscale. The upscale in question was done in-house by Funimation (now Crunchyroll), as there is no Blu-ray release in Japan. MVM's discs in question were the Funimation discs, which were originally released in the US back in 2010.

On the back of the box sleeve, it states that the episode total is twenty-six, rather than twenty-four. Which is correct and what accounts for the discrepancy? I have yet to have the time to sit down and re-watch Trinity Blood [this is my favourite anime, so I'd want to sit down and binge this across one to two nights].
Tbh, I have no idea why it says twenty-six episodes (we only receive check discs to review so we don't see the finished article or the box). It's definitely twenty-four (just checked again to be sure and also with my original 6-disc R2 DVD set) - perhaps the two extras were counted as episodes?

Back