Transformers Movie new trailer

wow nice trailer, I had no idea this was coming out, it looks impresive but I guess it was the trailer.

I was surprised at the 'executive producer: Steven Spielberg' part, I hope the mecha share the same high quality cgi as the war of the worlds tripods

looks well worth a look, I mean how many mecha films are coming out in the UK in the next year??

thnx for the link

new trailer... has possibility to be good, but its Michael Bay which means it could be brilliant or it could be *^$&@~#"! with a cherry on top (the evil one that kills puppies).

I like it, especially that transforming noise! :) This was my favourite cartoon growing up and I even own the animated movie on DVD so I'm battling nostalgia and trying to be objective... too... hard... Soundwave rules! :)

I want the classic transforming noise, that was awesome. =[

But apart from that, this trailer is made of win, and hopefully the movie will be promising.

Rukario said:
I want the classic transforming noise, that was awesome. =[

But apart from that, this trailer is made of win, and hopefully the movie will be promising.

Yes the classic noice is brilliant, would love to have that as my message tone on my mobile

Karmatwisted said:
I hope the mecha share the same high quality cgi as the war of the worlds tripods...

...and just pray the movie isn't as bad!! Personally, I don't have high hopes for Transformers. It'll do well, but I reckon it'll be cack! :p

It may not be absolutely horrendous, as I was execting. Instead it could just be bad. I'll still watch it, and I'll still enjoy it on some level, like the recent Thunderbirds movie (ie it was crap but still enjoyable for fans of the original). It is great how they got the original voices back though.

I'm still not convinced of some of the redesigns, particularly Megatron's (and would have preferred to see Optimus as the old cab-over design) but as long as it's faithful to the original concept, I can live with it.

Its mostly new to me. My only memory of Transformers growing up was the 'Transformers: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!' adverts on tv for the toy models. I never was never aware of the cartoons or read the comics . Maybe it was slightly before my time (is 20 yrs old) or other stuff was what I watched (Thundercats, He-Man etc.)

Still this looks interesting, and its good to see Steven Spielberg as one of the heads behind it.

I'm slow on the up-take and just seen the new trailer and though I think it won't have much in common with the original animated material I have a feeling it will by quite a good blockbuster full of action.

Personally, one of the things I liked the look of in the new film (even though I'm not Michael Bay's biggest fan) is it looks fairly dark in tone. Whether it will be remains to be seen, but if its quite a darkish film I think that, for me, will determine how much I enjoy it.

I thought what you saw of the Transformers themselves looked quite menacing. Some one said they came across a bit like the Tripods from the new version of War Of The Worlds (strange film that. Some stuff was good, some stuff was terrible - bit like Star Wars really!).

If that trailer is anything to go by, it won't be the most cuddly of films.

After seeing the trailer, I'm putting myself in the high-hopes category because I don't believe nostalgia is needed for a live action remake of a film like Transformers. :)

Hovis! said:
I'm slow on the up-take and just seen the new trailer and though I think it won't have much in common with the original animated material I have a feeling it will by quite a good blockbuster full of action.

Personally, one of the things I liked the look of in the new film (even though I'm not Michael Bay's biggest fan) is it looks fairly dark in tone. Whether it will be remains to be seen, but if its quite a darkish film I think that, for me, will determine how much I enjoy it.

I thought what you saw of the Transformers themselves looked quite menacing. Some one said they came across a bit like the Tripods from the new version of War Of The Worlds (strange film that. Some stuff was good, some stuff was terrible - bit like Star Wars really!).

If that trailer is anything to go by, it won't be the most cuddly of films.

After seeing the trailer, I'm putting myself in the high-hopes category because I don't believe nostalgia is needed for a live action remake of a film like Transformers. :)

Here, here I am loving what I have seen so far, Bumblebee has a big frickening gun :D

Back