toonzone reports on Watanabe Q&A at London Comic Con

Joshawott said:
American producer kept insisting on changes to the story.
Did no one listen to Shinichiro Watanabe when he said that was meant to be a secret? xD

I'm a British reporter. This is what we do to people!

I might need to revise that. I had several pages of notes and a foggy memory that SOMETHING might not have been meant to leave the room... :oops:

HellCat said:
Joshawott said:
American producer kept insisting on changes to the story.
Did no one listen to Shinichiro Watanabe when he said that was meant to be a secret? xD

I might need to revise that. I had several pages of notes and a foggy memory that SOMETHING might not have been meant to leave the room... :oops:
I doubt he'll mind anyway. I mean, he did say it in front of a massive panel at a huge public event xD.

Joshawott said:
HellCat said:
Joshawott said:

I doubt he'll mind anyway. I mean, he did say it in front of a massive panel at a huge public event xD.

Hah, he did yeah, but they did say it was never to leave the room XD i know there is quite a few strict bits put in place with these Q&As, much like the ones at SLA, so you may need to watch what you cover. Overall most of it was fine, it was just that one comment he brought up.

Overall i enjoyed the Q&A session when i was there. Hearing him say he does want to work with Yoko Kanno again on future works does get me pretty hyped. I don't think i've heard a music soundtrack of theirs that i've not listened to over and over.

Also, it was interesting hearing that the music for a series is generally created first before the animation is made. It did occur to me when i watched some of Sakamichi no Apollon, but hearing that it's done for most series was pretty cool to hear. I wish someone did ask what kind of influence jazz has on him, or if he has a soft spot for the genre of music, but it was only a short Q&A. Maybe someone can ask that in my place during the Edinburgh session tonight?

Back