Tokyopop recon in preston

evangelion rocks

Vampire Ninja
Just thought i'd post this for anyone that's interested in or going to the tokyopop recon in the preston branch of waterstones on the 5th of august.Sounds like it's going to be as good as last time!^_^

can i ask what is a recon, and is there anything free at this tokyopop thing apart from food and prolly abuse from chavs

I saw that E.R! £1 entry for it, and it's just a place for fans to come in, read/buy manga, showchase drawings and such I believe. Not been to one (since the one in Deepdale I was away for...)

I may go but it's a while before it comes up. It should take place at "3-5 Fishergate," so it's defineately at that store.

do i have to buy any manga to get free sneak peaks and dvd, also is there any money off manga and will it be in neomag in lets say sept issue

You don't have to buy any manga to get the free dvd,my friend who came with me last time didn't buy a thing and still came away with a bag of free stuff!There is money off manga,i think it's three for two and you get a discount if you hand in your ticket when you buy.It's likely that only the cosplay photos will be in NEO but sometimes they do have pictures of the event aswell.

Heya!

Did u go to the Preston re:con on Tuesday?

I did I was Sasuke number 6 with the blue hair highlights.

It was awesome, I hope they do another Re:Con during term time.

Chaz went, so i would say he may of saw you..

sept from his response, there were so many Sauske's it would put the shadow clone Jitsu to shame :D

nah just two of us. The other Sasuke won the cosplay comp though.
But her outfit was much better!

I totally wish I'd gotten a photo of the L and Light cosplayer chained together!

Did Chaz cosplay as well?

Gaara1986uk said:
Did Chaz cosplay as well?
Naw, I'm not good with the needle/thread really. I was the guy in the white/red shirt and "ripped" jeans. I also carried a Morrison's bag with my work clothes, since I just got off shift. :p

And Ryo, I said the were loads of Naruto cosplayers, not Sasukes. :p

Gaara1986uk said:
Heya!

Did u go to the Preston re:con on Tuesday?

I did I was Sasuke number 6 with the blue hair highlights.

It was awesome, I hope they do another Re:Con during term time.
Yep, I was the Renji!^_^ I agree,Re:Con in term time works out better.I was really suprised at the amount of cosplayers that turned up this year,and there were some funny moments like the debate about fish -people..0_O....

Speaking is easy ~ I think it is anyway XD
But learning all the Kanji and their different readings is difficult!

It's fun though! I can't wait to go back to class.
I'm going to Japan next year ~ I think I might explode from waiting lol!

Gaara1986uk said:
Speaking is easy ~ I think it is anyway XD
But learning all the Kanji and their different readings is difficult!

It's fun though! I can't wait to go back to class.
I'm going to Japan next year ~ I think I might explode from waiting lol!
Have a nice trip :) I do think that speaking is easy, easier than english, I think. But writing and reading is a completely different ball game... :S

I got some manga to practice with ~ but they tend to have furigana as well.

I'm not sure which part of Japan to go to ~ every1 recommends a different place.

My options are Nagoya, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Nishinomiya, Chiba or Sapporo.

Back