Three new Miyazaki projects?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The much loved anime director Hayao Miyazaki has been making his fair share of headlines lately, first off- he is set to be honoured by the Venice Film Festival in the summer with the 'Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement' award.

Also, during the announcements for this award, it was revealed that Miyazaki is ".. planning three new films." While it shouldn't be taken for granted that he is indeed directing these new films, many will consider this great news none the less.
<span class=menu>Source: <a href="http://www.anime-ni.co.uk/">aNIme</a></span>

The lifetime achievement award is definitely well-deserved. as for doing three films...it sounds to me like at least one of them is likely to be a shorter project than the feature-length ones he usually directs but still...great news indeed.

he's probably retirement age by now, but refuses to stop working. it bloody amazes me actually. he's really old, smokes like a chimney and his old age prevents him checking every cel like he used to and yet he soldiers on. what a guy.

Ever so slightly off-topic, but there's a geezer in the video game industry called Shigeru Miyamoto who basically has the same work ethinic as Miyazaki (I'm sure most of you know that).

Do you think its something to do with the almost obsessive approach to work the Japanese have? :)

Back