'The world only god knows' manga english release?

Roxiepluto

Completely Average High School Student
I adore the anime of 'The World Only God Knows'. Will it ever get an english release? I really want to read the manga but i hate reading manga online and would love to hold the copy in my hands but sadly i don't understand japanese so my only hope is an english release.
Is that likely to ever happen?

No, as it's published by Shogakukan.
Long version: as it's from Shogakukan (who partly own Viz media) it can only be picked up by viz media. It isn't the sort of thing they release, and they've been slow releasing anything outside Bleach Naruto and One Piece anyway.

Until they start letting other companies pick up titles they don't want to release themselves you're screwed.
You could also learn French.

The question I have is why the hell don't Viz release a larger variety of stuff?

Naturally you wan't to pick your titles and not over saturate, but Viz are backed by 2 of the 3 publishing powerhouses in Japan giving them masses of titles to pick from.

If they don't want certain styles of Managa to be associated with the Viz name they just set up a different label to release under surely?

And i'm pretty bitter about Hayate X Blade, i'm not sure if Viz are waiting for whatever rights Seven Seas have to expire before publishing or if they are just having fun telling their parent company to sit on it forever knowing a competitor would like to continue it but they have stopped them.

Back