Rock Band Official News/Announcements Thread (Rock Band 4 gets more DLC as per usual)

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 08/12: 3 songs | Prog Metal! Opeth, Symphony X & Between the Buried and Me

This actually would have been a great time, the first single from their new album dropped a few days ago.

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 15/12: 5 songs | Off the Charts Pack 2 - 5 tracks from 5 artists.

Downloadable Content for 15/12:

CWMdZeVUAAAEA1h.png:large

The next set of downloadable songs have been announced, and it's a continuation from two weeks ago with another pack entitled "Off That Charts 02".

Elle King – "Ex’s and Oh’s"
Fall Out Boy – "Irresistible"
Shawn Mendes – "Stiches"
Walk the Moon – "Different Colors"
The Weeknd – "Can’t Feel My Face"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 15/12: 5 songs | Off the Charts Pack 2 - 5 tracks from 5 artists.

Harmonix have confirmed that the next major update will feature Practice Mode and Setlists. In addition Exports for every major Rock Band title (minus Rock Band 3, which is now available for £11.99 for all 83 songs, and The Beatles, which due to licensing restrictions can't be exported) should be made available in January. Online is still incoming during 2016.

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 22/12: 8 songs | More U2 songs!

Downloadable Content for 22/12:

CWwkbWLUsAAv5-2.jpg:large

The next set of downloadable songs have been announced, and as many have predicted (given they were coming) - More U2 songs are coming to Rock Band 4. Not just one or two or even six but eight songs!

"California (There Is No End To Love)"
"Desire"
"One"
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)"
"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
"The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)"
"Vertigo"
"Where The Streets Have No Name"

Downloadable Content for 29/12:

CXUjQQKUMAApJVG.png:large

The next set of downloadable songs have been announced, and this is quite possibly the most controversial DLC line-up since the likes of Nickleback and the Fueled by Ramen pack.

Coldplay – "Adventure of a Lifetime"
Ellie Goulding – "On My Mind"
Justin Bieber – "What Do You Mean?"
One Direction – "Drag Me Down"
Sam Hunt – "Leave the Light On"
Weezer – "Thank God for Girls"

Coldplay and Weezer I'm fine with but the other four are strange additions. Then again we did see Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars get added at one point.

To be fair we are getting the newer stuff which is better than their earlier music so heck it could've been worse.

Harmonix are really pushing pop and mainstream music for RB4. I mean, sure, you have stuff like the Van Halen and Prog packs they've put out but I swear this is like the third or fourth pack they've released that has consisted of modern pop/pop rock.

I've been busy so here's a quick recap of the latest downloadable content for June and July 2016.

June 7, 2016

Blues Traveler - "Hook"
1994 - Rock - Single

My Chemical Romance - "Famous Last Words"
2006 - Emo - Single

June 14, 2016

The Goo Goo Dolls - "Iris"
1998 - Alternative - Single

Magic! - "Rude"
2014 - Pop-Rock - Single

June 21, 2016

Imagine Dragons - "Radioactive"
2012 - Alternative - Single

Three Days Grace - "Never Too Late"
2006 - Rock - Single

June 28, 2016

The Killers - "All These Things That I've Done"
2004 - Alternative - Single

Toto - "Africa"
1982 - Pop-Rock - Single

July 5, 2016

Hinder - "Lips of an Angel"
2005 - Rock - Single

Pixies - "Where Is My Mind?"
1988 - Alternative - Single

July 12, 2016

Brian Setzer - "Rock This Town"
2007 - Rock - Single

Third Eye Blind - "Jumper"
1997 - Alternative - Single

July 19, 2016

Billy Joel - "Uptown Girl"
1983 - Classic Rock - Single

Fuel - "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)"
2000 - Rock - Single

July 26, 2016

Bastille - ???

The Black Eyed Peas - ???

hell yeah the pixies!!

hmm, but i'll need to buy the whole set since everyone i know got rid of their peripherals a long time ago...

Jinjer said:
hell yeah the pixies!!

hmm, but i'll need to buy the whole set since everyone i know got rid of their peripherals a long time ago...

I recommend you wait until October 2016 before getting any new instruments. That's when Harmonix will have a new batch out. I personally am waiting because the Mad Catz PlayStation version doesn't have a button for overdrive (it was taken over by the Share button), and Harmonix have now moved it to the D-Pad.

Speaking of October, that's when Rock Band Rivals is due. The Expansion Pack will cost $29.99 on its own (and pretty much free if you get physical copies of the Rock Band 4 re-release which has a new cover to help identify the two). The Rivals pack is essentially two new modes; Rockudrama, a mockumentary where whatever genre you choose the videos will react to whatever you choose (for example, Metal will have random people talking metal), it's basically a new story mode. And the other mode is Rivals, which seems vague at the moment. Online Multiplayer is coming this December but the Rivals pack is required to access it (the Online update will be free).

rb4r.jpg

Pre-ordering Rivals will offer 10 songs:
  • Bring Me the Horizon - Happy Song
  • Capital Cities - Safe and Sound
  • Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
  • The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
  • Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks
  • Pharrell Williams - Happy
  • Semisonic - Closing Time
  • Sia - Chandelier
  • Skillet - Feel Invincible
  • Weezer - King of the World
Pre-ordering Rivals on Amazon will offer 2 songs (presumably US only offer):
  • Maroon 5 - One More Night
  • Matchbox Twenty - 5am

More info.

July 26, 2016

Bastille - "Pompeii"
2013 - Rock - Single

The Black Eyed Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
2009 - Pop/Dance/Electronic or Hip-Hop/Rap - Single

August 2, 2016

Counting Crows - "Mr. Jones"
2013 - Alternative - Single

Robin Thicke feat. Pharrel - "Blurred Lines"
2009 - R&B/Soul/Funk - Single

August 2016 Artists

The Barbazons - Potential chosen song: "Bad Catholics" [Note that this song was released before, but only exclusively through a dating app]
Belinda Carlisle - Potential chosen song: "Heaven is a Place on Earth"
Heart - Potential chosen song: "Crazy on You"
Jason Mraz - Potential chosen song: "I'm Yours"
Nicki Minaj - Potential chosen song: "Starships"
Tonic - Potential chosen song: "If You Could Only See"
Vertical Horizon - Potential chosen song: "You're a God"
Winger - Potential chosen song: "Seventeen"

The artists chosen I did think were a bit, ehh? But after going through the songs (which I've set my predictions above), most of them would work really well into Rock Band.

I have updated the first post with the list of all the songs that were made available for Rock Band 4 via downloadable content.

August DLC Week 2:

CpV5xA1UkAEGo5s.jpg

The Barbazons - "Bad Catholics"
Belinda Carlisle - "Heaven Is a Place on Earth"

Belinda Carlisle’s classic track, “Heaven Is a Place on Earth”, is a catchy, energetic tune that is sure to be fun for the whole band. Drummers can get revved up for that sweet drum solo, and vocalists will enjoy singing the notable lyrics and memorable melody line. There are varied guitar parts throughout the track that includes two guitar solos. The second solo is sure to be harder than the first, so guitarists, be prepared for that outro section.
The Barbazons’ track, “Bad Catholics”, joins the Rock Band Music Library this week. Vocalists are going to be challenged in this track, as the melody is often hard to pin down. Be sure to head on over to Practice Mode to master any tricky sections. This track is also perfect for beginner drummers, and will have a great opportunity for aspiring rhythm makers to accelerate their drumming career.

What's left for August:
  • Heart - ???
  • Jason Mraz - ???
  • Nicki Minaj - ???
  • Tonic - ???
  • Vertical Horizon - ???
  • Winger - ???
See my predictions for these artists on the posts above.

August DLC Week 3:

8vc9awu749v9.png

Tonic’s track, “If You Could Only See”, will be available this week as Rock Band DLC. Bassists will get to strut their stuff as they play a consistently moving bass line throughout this song. Satisfying harmonies in the choruses are great for vocalists new to the scene.

“Everything You Want” by Vertical Horizon joins the Rock Band Library this week as well. Drummers can get into the groove with this engaging drum chart, authored with subtle variations to the beat to keep you on your toes. Guitarists, don’t be deceived; The guitar line during verses are intricate. Keep an eye on those strumming patterns!

Tonic - "If You Could Only See"
Vertical Horizon - "Everything You Want"

What's left for August:
  • Heart - ???
  • Jason Mraz - ???
  • Nicki Minaj - ???
  • Winger - ???
I predicted Tonic right, while Vertical Horizon ended up being the most popular one. Ah fair enough. Next week will either be an 80s week (Heart & Winger) or a modern pop week (Jason Mraz and Nicki Minaj).

Expiring before or on September 16th 2016:

The next slate of tracks going to be removed from the Rock Band Music Store has been revealed.

It's unfortunate, but all 8 tracks from the Red Hot Chili Peppers that were released under the 'I'm with the Chili Peppers' pack will be going. The songs are:
"By the Way"
"Californication"
"Look Around"
"Monarchy of Roses"
"Otherside"
"Parallel Universe"
"Scar Tissue"
"The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie"​

The pack in total costs £7.99 while each song goes for £1.19 each.

Here's the trailer for when these songs first appeared on Rock Band:

I guess this was to be expected. The RHCP did have songs expire prior to this moment. They once had the entire Blood Sugar Sex Magik album available in addition to "Snow ((Hey Oh))" and "Tell Me Baby" as single tracks. There was also "Dani California" from Rock Band 1 (which is no longer exportable) and "Give It Away" from Rock Band 2 (which is no longer exportable) and Blitz, with the latter soon to be the remaining song available for this band.

August DLC Week 4:

0yaq6z46lrx0.png

Jason Mraz - "I'm Yours"
Nicki Minaj - "Starships"

Jason Mraz’s calming track, “I’m Yours”, will be available in the Rock Band Library this week. Guitarists will enjoy this soothing track with varied sections. The guitar will also have ukulele parts authored to the track when appropriate. Vocalists will be the star here. If you’re a vocalist, get ready to show everyone what you’ve got; you’ll be scatting, improvising, and adding embellishes all over the place. This track is sure to strengthen and train the voice.

From one side of the energy spectrum to another, “Starships” by Nicki Minaj also joins the Rock BandLibrary this week. The catchy lyrics, combined with active choruses make this a party favorite. There’s plenty of energy to go around with this one. Vocalists will have great satisfaction in nailing the lyrics down, as there are rapped verses that can throw you off.

What's left for August:
  • Heart - ???
  • Winger - ???
Oh wow I can't believe I managed to guess the Nicki Minaj song correctly. As expected that song is also going alongside the Jason Mraz song so next week will be 80s based which is a nice way to end the month. Hopefully we get Crazy on You and Seventeen.

August DLC Week 5:

laany0jh2ye1.png

Heart - "What About Love?"
“What About Love?” by Heart will be joining the Rock Band Library this week. Drummers might fall pray to the unsuspecting outro filled with drum kicks in this track. If you want those Full Combos, be sure to anticipate the ending! Also found in the outro is the hardest vocal part of the entire track. Ann Wilson, lead singer of Heart, really uses the extent of her vocal range, so don’t be afraid to get high in your register for those final phrases.

Winger - "Seventeen"
A powerful rock’n’roll track, “Seventeen” by Winger, is also coming to the Rock Band Library. Guitarists will get their rock on with this tune, complete with two insanely difficult guitar solos. Our Audio QA team even commented that this has some of the hardest guitar charts they’ve ever authored, and is right on par with Symphony X’s “Nevermore”. You’ll definitely want to spend some time in Practice Mode for this one.

So the final two tracks of the month were revealed. Honestly I'm shocked that Heart got a different track to what I expected but still it's Heart so I'll pick it up regardless. Winger I got right so that's cool.

Winger's Seventeen was also included on Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s.

Next week will be whatever Harmonix will have on offer in addition to the September line-up.

September 2016 DLC (Current):
??? - ???
??? - ???
??? - ???
??? - ???
??? - ???
??? - ???
??? - ???
??? - ???

Back