Rock Band Official News/Announcements Thread (Rock Band 4 gets more DLC as per usual)

So if I was to buy brand new copies of all the PS3 Rock Band Games am I able to still export all of them to PS4? Just curious, I doubt I would do it since I would be leaving sooooooo much DLC and RBN stuff behind on the 360.

Afraid not. RB1 and RB2 exporting has now expired. You can still do RB3, but unless you already have export passes for RB1 and RB2, they're not available. However, recently, Chop Suey got released as DLC, which was from RB2's On Disc setlist, so there is the possibility more RB1 and RB2 tracks getting put out as DLC. I know I'm pretty miffed about missing the RB2 export myself, undoubtedly the best on disc set list out of all the RB games.

December DLC Week 3:

1215tiousdg.png

Lorde - "Royals"
“Off the Charts 05” opens with “Royals” by Lorde. Peaking at #1 on the Hot 100 in 2013, “Royals” would go on to win two Grammy Awards (including Song of the Year) and achieve 7x Platinum status. A common theme in this DLC pack, this tune offers interesting harmonies and a showcased solo vocal chart. Vocalists will be the stars in this one, so be sure to warm up your chords for this track.
Meghan Trainor - "All About That Bass"
“All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor also comes to Rock Band this week. “All About That Bass”, this week’s second Hot 100 chart topper, spent 25 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 (making it only the 10th song to ever do so) and was certified a whopping 9x Platinum. The doo-wop vibes are strong in this tune – vocalists can get ready for consistent harmonies while the bassist performs a walking bass line in the verses. This track is sure to lift spirits at your next Rock Band event!
Sia ft. Kendrick Lamar - "The Greatest"
A Top 20 hit currently rising on the Hot 100, “The Greatest” by Sia ft. Kendrick Lamar finishes up this week’s new pack. Harmonies on this song are intense in the best way – you and your bandmates will have plenty to sing, including ornamental phrases and those iconic “I got stamina” lines. Bassists will also have a bunch of movement in this one with a strum-heavy pattern in the chart.

Aerosmith
Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - "Wake Me Up"
Kings of Leon - "Waste a Moment"
Kool & the Gang
LMFAO
Lorde - "Royals"
System of a Down - "Chop Suey!"
Twenty One Pilots - "Heathens"
Twenty One Pilots - "Ride"
The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk - "Starboy"

December DLC Week 3.5:

Rock Band Rivals owners will have access to 12 free tracks that will be available under the 'Rock Band Rivals' banner (when you search by Source in the Music Library).

Bearstronaut - "Shadow"
Goddamn Draculas - "Bethany"
Nemes - "Black Streak"
Newfane - "I Recognize"
Parlour Bells - "Never Let ‘Em Hold Ya Back"
Party Bois - "True Confessional"
Petty Morals - "Mean Girls"
The Red Chord - "Hour of Rats"
Ruby Rose Fox - "Pain Killer"
The Warning Shots - "Closer, Closer"
When Particles Collide - "Constant Disaster"
Worshipper - "Black Corridor"

December DLC Week 4:

2212_DLC_Wide.png

This week we have a third pack of songs from Aerosmith!

"Angel"
Aerosmith Hits Pack 03 opens with “Angel” from Aerosmith’s hit album Permanent Vacation. “Angel” peaked at #3 on the Hot 100 and would become the band’s second-highest charting song. It’s a power ballad, but it comes with a couple of good guitar solos, placing it at a tier five. Plenty of Steven Tyler falsetto makes for a challenging vocal entry.
"Crazy"
The next song in the pack is “Crazy”. A 1995 Grammy winner, “Crazy” reached the Hot 100 Top 20 and boasts a memorable music video featuring a young Liv Tyler. A good all-around instrument pick, it stands out on vocals for how absurdly high it can get. You might just call them…CRAZY high notes. Cough.
"I Don't Want To Miss a Thing"
Moving on from puns, there’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”, the #1 hit from the ‘90s movie Armageddon. Nobody has to draw the short straw here, the harmonies go absolutely bonkers and everyone knows the words. As the track reaches a crescendo get ready for the guitar solo dropped into the mix.
"Janie's Got a Gun"
Halfway through and we’re at “Janie’s Got A Gun”, the band’s first Grammy-winning song. “Janie’s Got a Gun” was the highest-charting song (#4) from the 7x RIAA platinum selling Pump and helped usher in the start of Aerosmith’s wildly successful 90’s output. It’s another tough vocal track, par for the course from Steven Tyler. With the bridge having swung drums and the memorable guitar solo, it’s one of many strong instrument songs in this pack.
"Livin' On The Edge"
“Livin’ On The Edge” is the second Grammy-winning song featured in Aerosmith Hits Pack 03 (and their first to win a Viewer’s Choice Award at the MTV Video Music Awards). A concert staple since its release, “Livin’ On The Edge” features everything fans love about the band – bluesy guitars, anthemic choruses and thought-provoking lyrics. Guitarists - the solo streak continues while also having some good licks scattered throughout the song. Vocals here have a couple held notes that stretch over 30 seconds long each. Good luck.
"Rag Doll"
Rounding out the Aerosmith Pack 03 is “Rag Doll”. Another Top 20 hit and fan favorite, it’s also the hardest song in the pack. The guitar part is full of variety, quick swung drums fill the song, and the vocals very nearly made it to the highest tier, with Steven Tyler having a monster of a scat ending to this song.

Aerosmith - "Angel"
Aerosmith - "Crazy"
Aerosmith - "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing"
Aerosmith - "Janie's Got a Gun"
Aerosmith - "Livin' On The Edge"
Aerosmith - "Rag Doll"

Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - "Wake Me Up"
Kool & the Gang
LMFAO
Lorde - "Royals"

I've been playing alot of RB3 on my old 360 the last few days. It's a real shame they made no way of getting DLC to cross platforms.

Looked up alot of the newer DLC and there are a bunch of songs I would love to play but the cost of buying most of the DLC I had would be well into the hundreds I just can't do it. I had 800 songs in RB3 and for some reason I never exported RB2 so thats not even including that game either.

Also while there are alot of good songs coming down the line the game is still adding a few too many new songs in favor of so many classics. I'm personally very much a junkie of 90's alternative rock and while certainly a good chunk of songs are out as DLC from the era, there are still so many missing.

Still I'm seriously considering jumping back in, the DLC issue is the only thing stopping me.

December DLC Week 5:

NYETw_1229.png

During the final week of December we have a New Years Eve pack of songs to celebrate the new year!

Avicii - "Wake Me Up"
First is Avicii’s “Wake Me Up”. This was the first dance/electronic song to spend over a year on the Billboard Hot 100, which helped propel it to becoming the first dance/electronic song to sell over 4,000,000 units! For Rock Band, the vocals are challenging, featuring lots of runs. The guitar also bounces between an acoustic and a synth line; you know the one.
Kool & The Gang - "Celebration"
The timeless “Celebration” from Kool & The Gang will keep your New Year’s Eve party going well into 2017 . Not only is it the band’s first #1 hit – it’s a staple at everything from sporting events to wedding ceremonies. The guitar chart is varied, jumping between guitar, piano, and even horns. The solo vocals chart spans four octaves, with jumps large enough to trip anyone up.
LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock - "Party Rock Anthem"
When the clock strikes midnight it’s time to fire up “Party Rock Anthem”, by LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock. Going to #1 in over a dozen countries (including six weeks at #1 in the U.S.), “Party Rock Anthem” is currently #5 on the Greatest Hot 100 Singles of All Time chart. The guitar and bass strumming patterns subtly change during the song, so you’ll have to stay focused to get that Full Combo. The drums are a standout part, offering more of a challenge than you may expect.

Aerosmith - "Angel"
Aerosmith - "Crazy"
Aerosmith - "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing"
Aerosmith - "Janie's Got a Gun"
Aerosmith - "Livin' On The Edge"
Aerosmith - "Rag Doll"
Avicii - "Wake Me Up"
Kool & The Gang - "Celebration"
LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock - "Party Rock Anthem"
Lorde - "Royals"

2017 is here and Harmonix have revealed this month's DLC with some great selections!

January DLC Week 1:

15kjshdg097857.png

Avenged Sevenfold - "The Stage"
“The Stage” by Avenged Sevenfold starts off our newest DLC pack. A whopping eight and a half minutes long, “The Stage” is a force to be reckoned with. With devil horn tiering on both drums and guitar, this is a Metal-lover’s dream. There is an extremely challenging intro for drums – we recommend getting into Practice Mode to nail those double kicks down. There’s plenty of tricky guitar parts outside of the song’s three guitar solos that will also need some special attention to perfect.
Megadeth - "Trust"
The next song in the “More Metal Pack 01” is “Trust” by Megadeth. Peaking at #5, the Grammy-nominated “Trust” would become the bands highest charting Billboard Mainstream Rock single. Another track in the pack with three shredding guitar solos, “Trust” will have plenty of movement throughout the tune for guitarists and their bandmates. Be careful in the second guitar solo, as the difficulty spikes for that one.
Slipknot - "Dead Memories"
Rounding out our Metal-focused DLC is Slipknot’s “Dead Memories”. Culled from their platinum-selling album All Hope Is Gone, “Dead Memories” has multiple gameplay highlights. Drummers should take note of that tricky drum pattern during the bridge of this song. And, for you Pro Drummers out there, the chart is notably different for you due to a healthy mixing of toms and cymbals at the same time. Cymbals can really make all the difference!

Confirmed Artists for January 2017 DLC:

jankditnes23546.png

New Songs:
  • Avenged Sevenfold - "The Stage"
  • Fun. - "Some Nights"
  • Lady Gaga - "Applause"
  • Lady Gaga - "A-Yo"
  • Lady Gaga - "The Edge of Glory"
  • Megadeth - "Trust"
  • Omi - "Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)"
  • Slipknot - "Dead Memories"
  • Toto - "Hold the Line"

Returning Songs from past Rock Band games:
  • The All-American Rejects - "Swing, Swing" [Lego Rock Band]
  • Blue Öyster Cult – "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" [Rock Band 1]
  • Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son" [Rock Band 2]

Harmonix have heard the fans' demand and will be celebrating the game's 10th anniversary with re-releases of the most popular songs from previous Rock Band titles that are no longer exportable. So expect some cool hits from Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and Lego Rock Band during the year.

Finally, some good DLC for Rock Band! Will certainly be picking up that metal DLC pack. Dead Memories and Trust are some fairly odd choices for their respective artists (I'd have probably gone for Train of Consequences for Megadeth and Vermillion Part 1 for Slipknot) but I'll pick them up nonetheless.

January DLC Week 2:

1129ulskdjglks.png

The All-American Rejects - "Swing, Swing" [Lego Rock Band]
A notable track from the LEGO: Rock Band on-disc setlist, “Swing, Swing” by The All-American Rejects makes its way to the game as DLC this week. To continue our celebration of Rock Band’s ten year anniversary, we’re bringing legacy disc tracks to the community by way of DLC, and this is no exception!
Fun. - "Some Nights"
“Some Nights” by Fun. is our first new DLC for the week. This was the second Top-10 hit by Fun. (peaking at #3 on the Hot 100) and was certified 6x Platinum with over 5 million singles sold in the U.S. alone. The guitar part on this track is harder than you might think, with HOPO sections riddled throughout the chart. There’s a street march vibe on drums, and lots of action for vocalists. Don’t forget that tough auto-tune section later in the track; you’ll be singing it!
Omi - "Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)"
Finishing off this week is “Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)” by OMI. Billboard officially named “Cheerleader” the 2015 Song of the Summer after topping the Hot 100 chart for 6 weeks. One of the cooler flavors to this track is that trumpet solo which is authored to guitar. This tune is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next Rock Band event.

So far:
  • Fun. - "Some Nights"
  • Lady Gaga - "Applause"
  • Lady Gaga - "A-Yo"
  • Megadeth - "Trust"
  • Toto - "Hold the Line"

January DLC Week 3:

sol70srect.png

Blue Öyster Cult – "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" [Rock Band 1]
First is Blue Öyster Cult, with their hit, “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper”. The band’s highest charting song, it is frequently placed on ‘Greatest Song of All Time’ lists. Coming to DLC from the original Rock Band disc, it’s just as you remember. Guitar has an iconic line throughout, and a solo that starts spacey and gets intense real quick. Back during Rock Band, the drums were a gatekeeper in the Career Mode, building up as the song goes on to a very tough ending. The solo vocals chart the cowbell, as our song library has been down with a fever lately.
Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son" [Rock Band 2]
Following that is Kansas’ “Carry On Wayward Son”. This track comes from Rock Band 2, back in 2008! The song itself was Kansas’ first Top 40 hit, and endures to this day, having sold millions of digital copies to date. Incredibly difficult back in the day, the vocal chart hasn’t been made any easier with the new inclusion of harmonies. The bass brings a strong showing, having some quick HOPO runs in the main riff. The guitar features several solos, all of them enough to break a combo.
Toto - "Hold the Line"
We finish strong with Toto’s “Hold the Line”, a new addition to the franchise. One of the best singalongs of the ‘70s, it joins “Africa” and “Rosanna” to make a trilogy of Toto hits in Rock Band 4. Over the summer, we asked fans if they were on #TeamAfrica or #TeamHoldTheLine before releasing either, and a strong showing from each side has now led to BOTH songs appearing in Rock Band 4! Reaching #5 on the Hot 100 chart, it was just the beginning of Toto’s successful career. It’s got everything you want in a Rock Band track; a ridiculously fun guitar solo, strong drums with some tough kicks, and a bunch of great vocal runs. It’s the full package.

So far:
  • Fun. - "Some Nights"
  • Lady Gaga - "Applause"
  • Lady Gaga - "A-Yo"
  • Megadeth - "Trust"
  • Toto - "Hold the Line"

Sweet, I'll be picking up both Carry on Wayward Son and Hold The Line. I already own Don't Fear the Reaper via Export, but if I didn't have that already, I'd be picking that up too :p

January DLC Week 4:

gagapackpackTw.png

Lady Gaga - "Applause"
“Lady Gaga Pack 03” opens with “Applause”. Taken from her third album Artpop, “Applause” became her twelfth top-ten single on the Hot 100! By the end of its run, it was a triple platinum single in the United States. “Applause” is a perfect party song, and of course a challenge on vocals. Even solo, the chart requires you to jump around all three parts, testing your breathing control. The drum has snares that speed up going into the chorus, so you’ll have to pay attention to keep a combo going.
Lady Gaga - "A-Yo"
Continuing on, we have “A-YO”. This single from Lady Gaga’s latest album, Joanne, is infused with just a bit of country and funk, marking a unique direction in Lady Gaga’s sound. The guitar asks you to jump around the neck a lot, making it a lot of fun with how active it is. Vocally, it may surprise you, as some tricky jumps come at you. It’s a song worth practicing.
Lady Gaga - "The Edge of Glory"
To give us a strong finish, we come to “The Edge of Glory”. Off her hit album Born This Way, it became her tenth CONSECUTIVE top-ten single on the Billboard charts. Frequently seen on “Best Songs of 2011” lists, it was also given accolades for Clarence Clemons’ (of E Street Band fame) guest saxophone solo. The guitar has the saxophone solo charted, and features a difficult HOPO section in the chorus. The drums have a partial disco bit, with extra hi-hats thrown in periodically. Even the bass has a strong showing in this track, giving everyone something fun to play while singing along.

Overall, every song from this month's announcements are now available. The returning songs are slightly delayed for Sony Europe.
  • Fun. - "Some Nights"
  • Lady Gaga - "Applause"
  • Lady Gaga - "A-Yo"
  • Megadeth - "Trust"
  • Toto - "Hold the Line"

This month was great for Rock Band DLC. It has what a lot of other months lack, and that's variety. Some months it feels like they lean super hard into pop, but here we had some pop music, as well as some metal and classic rock too. There's something for just about anyone. Hope this trend continues.

February DLC Week 1:

220897sdfgnrfi.png

Ratt - "Round and Round"
Starting off our Rewind tracks for the month, “Round and Round” by Ratt comes to Rock Band as DLC for the first time. Those who love belting it out on vocals will love singing this track in-game – both melody and harmony lines will have plenty to do, and we bet you can’t keep your head from banging during this tune. With what our Audio QA team calls a “rippin’ solo” on guitar added to the mix, “Round and Round” is a well-rounded pick for your Music Library.
Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"
A new track coming to the Rock Band Library is “I Wanna Rock” by Twisted Sister. This tune is perfect for beginner rock vocalists, getting harmony singers together for the energy-inspired “ROCK” in each and every chorus. Drummers should take heed to the fair amount of kicks throughout the song. A galloping bass chart will keep this spirited rock hit moving right along through the end.

February DLC Line-Up

feb897sdfgbk.png

New additions:
  • Cake - "I Will Survive"
  • Jason Derulo - "Want to Want Me"
  • Ram Jam - "Black Betty"
  • Simple Minds - "Don't You (Forget About Me)"
  • Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"
Rewind!
  • Motorhead - "Ace of Spades" [Rock Band 2]
  • Panic! At The Disco - "Nine in the Afternoon" [Rock Band 2]
  • Ratt - "Round and Round" [Rock Band 2]
  • Sum 41 - "In Too Deep" [Lego Rock Band]
EUROPEAN ROCK BAND 4 PLAYSTATION UPDATE:

There's some new updates regarding the current status of the situation.

Rock Band 2 Export is finally available to download for those who have already exported it for Rock Band 3. The export itself has expired if you didn't get it already, but the individual songs will be back as DLC down the line.

Online Mode has been pushed back to February due to the delay on Sony Europe's part, in addition so will the Rewind DLC songs released on 19th January (Blue Öyster Cult - "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"). But the good news is that The All-American Rejects - "Swing, Swing" and Toto - "Hold the Line" are now available to download.

February DLC Week 2:

PackTroisTw.png

This week is the Valentine's Day pack with Pack à Trois. All three are new songs:
Cake - "I Will Survive"
The first song in the pack is Cake’s version of “I Will Survive”. Changing the style from disco to more of a rock vibe, it was the first of many successful singles off Fashion Nugget, Cake’s second album. The guitar chart will occasionally have the trumpet authored, giving it a solid chart full of variety. Being a cover, singers may find they’re throwing themselves off, as it’s just different enough. And in a rare showing, the bass is the highlight of the song, with a super fun chart AND a bass solo!
Jason Derulo - "Want to Want Me"
“Want To Want Me” marks the first Jason Derulo track to join the Rock Band platform. The lead single from Everything is 4, “Want To Want Me” peaked at #6 on the Hot 100 and was named Time magazine’s third-best song of 2015. The song also performed incredibly well in the UK, debuting at the top of the UK Singles Chart and staying there for four weeks. The drums feature a disco beat throughout, keeping you active. Over on strings, a funky guitar line mixes in with synth lines for a great-sounding part. Continuing this week’s tradition, the bass is incredibly active and is the tougher strings chart. There’s even plenty of vocal improvisation to be found, especially on harmonies.
Simple Minds - "Don't You (Forget About Me)"
We head back to the ‘80s for the final song in the pack, Simple Minds’ “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”. The iconic #1 hit everyone knows from The Breakfast Club, “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” quickly ingrained itself in pop culture, becoming frequently covered by other artists and featured in movies and TV. A galloping bass pushes the song along, while the guitar is more subtle and wet with effects, giving the song some tricky verse riffs that guitarists will have to practice to master. The vocals may surprise you, as Jim Kerr puts subtle changes on every line, so singers will have to focus.

New additions:
Rewind!
ROCK BAND VR

RBVR_Pre-Order_-_Twitter.png

Coming exclusively for PC Occulus Rift owners is a VR version of Rock Band on March 23rd. There will be 60 songs with this game combining both new and previously included songs to the setlist. So far here's the line-up:

New addition:
  • Paramore - "Ain't It Fun"
Rewind!
  • Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"
  • The Killers - "When You Were Young"
Much like Rock Band Blitz and Rock Band Unplugged, it's safe to assume the new songs should be made available as DLC later down the line for console owners.

More information about Rock Band VR via Harmonix's Blog post.

February DLC Week 3:

2_16_DLC_Twitter.png

Last week we got a pair of Rewind tracks from Lego Rock Band and Rock Band 2. These tracks won't be available on Sony European PS4s until a later point.

Panic! At The Disco - "Nine in the Afternoon" [Rock Band 2]
A notable track in our Rock Band Rewind series, “Nine in the Afternoon” by Panic! At The Disco heads to the Rock Band Music Store as DLC this week. Coming from the Rock Band 2 disc setlist, “Nine in the Afternoon” will have you feeling good and rocking with the whole Crew. The track has overall entertaining and consistent parts on all instruments, with a particular emphasis on the vocal chart. Long phrases and constant movement will have solo singers and harmony teams on their toes. Make sure to get the whole room clapping when the instruments cut out towards the end – crowd interaction always earns you top stage presence brownie points!
Sum 41 - "In Too Deep" [Lego Rock Band]
Straight outta the LEGO: Rock Band soundtrack, “In Too Deep” by Sum 41 will be purchasable as DLC in just a few days. This hit from their platinum-selling debut has plenty of power chords for guitarists to shred to. There’s tons of cool back and forth vocals throughout the entire track, and harmonies singers will get to know the ins and outs of these satisfying parts to achieve that coveted Full Combo. Plus, there’s an extremely gratifying guitar solo to help get your shred on.

February DLC Week 4:

RewindFebTw.png

And this week concludes the month with the Rock Band 2 Rewind track, and a new addition to the catalogue. Ace of Spades won't be available on Sony European PS4s until a later point.

Motorhead - "Ace of Spades" [Rock Band 2]
The first track is a Rock Band Rewind choice, Motörhead’s “Ace of Spades ‘08”. Coming from the Rock Band 2 disc, this track is the defining Motörhead anthem, charting strongly in the UK upon release. Specifically re-recorded for Rock Band, the song has lost none of its intensity. Hailed as one of the greatest guitar tracks ever, it brings multiple solos and a fast riff. The drums are fast, full of bass pedal hits and difficult fills. Chords are strongly featured in the bass chart, a rarity for the instrument. Lastly, Lemmy gives it his all on vocals, even putting a unique spin on some of the lines, making it a full-band challenge.
Ram Jam - "Black Betty"
Following that, we’ve got Ram Jam’s “Black Betty”, a new addition to the Rock Band catalog. Quickly reaching #18 on the Hot 100, it proved an immediate hit for the band. The drums, while being plenty challenging to begin with, feature a pair of tough solos. Multiple solos also appear in the guitar chart, and during the bridge guitar solo, the bass gets so difficult as to place it as one of the most challenging bass tracks in Rock Band 4. The song has lots to do on everything and will leave you proud when you finally nail a performance.

Overall line-up for February 2017:

March DLC Week 1:

3_2_Twitter.png

Harmonix is teasing various news for the week. On Monday we got news of the tracks coming this Thursday. One is a Rewind track from Rock Band 2, and the other is new.

Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy" [Rock Band 2]
We start off this month with a Rock Band Rewind track – “My Own Worst Enemy” by Lit. The tune comes from the Rock Band 2 disc setlist, and is a solid choice for any Rock Band party you host. While it’s filled with energy and easily recognizable lyrics, this track is perfect for beginner rockers, and will have players of all ages getting down with these rock vibes. Guitarists, be careful at the end of that guitar solo; it’s not all fun and games…and eighth notes.
Staind - "Outside"
Completing this week is a track new to the Rock Band Music Library, “Outside” by Staind. A hit on both the Modern Rock and Hot 100 charts, “Outside” features a band-wide swelling of intensity towards the end of the track, with the vocalist jumping an entire octave for the duration of one chorus. Harmonies are easy and accessible for those interested in experimenting with their vocal chords.

Rock Band Rivals Free DLC for March:

recordco_twitter.png

11 free songs are coming to Rock Band exclusively to the Rivals expansion owners. These artists are all local bands from Boston.

• Animal Flag - "Sink"
  • Bent Knee- "These Hands"
  • Black Beach- "No Place For Me"
  • Creaturos- "History Repeats"
  • Dutch ReBelle- "RudeBoys"
  • Julie Rhodes- "Hurry Up (& Wait For You)"
  • Littlefoot- "Casablanca"
  • Michael Christmas- "Cross That Line"
  • Ruby Rose Fox- "Skydiver"
  • STL GLD- "Good"
  • Tigerman WOAH- "Alone Time"

Rock Band VR Setlist Leaked:

Looks like a couple more songs have been unveiled for the VR setlist, some of which have never been revealed before. There will be 60 songs in the final product.

New:
  • ???? - "Lights Out" (Artist is unknown at the moment)
  • Arctic Horror - "Black Seas"
  • The Black Keys - "Gold on the Ceiling"
  • Ghost - "Cirice"
  • Oasis - "Champagne Supernova"
  • OneRepublic - "Counting Stars"
Rewind:
  • Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast and the Harlot"
  • Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Player"
  • Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
  • Joan Jett - "Bad Reputation"
  • Megadeth - "Hangar 18"
  • Van Halen - "Panama"

March DLC Week 2:

SmarchNinthTw.png

There's no news on this month's line-up, presumably due to the rewind tracks taking more attention plus the VR game in the way. This week we have one new song and one returning song from Rock Band 2.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton - "Can’t Hold Us"
First up is “Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton, from their Platinum-selling debut The Heist. The track hit #1 on the Hot 100 and went on to sell over 4 million singles. “Can’t Hold Us” had an equally strong streaming performance, being crowned Spotify’s most-streamed song of 2013. Proving to be a force in other medias, the music video was nominated for (and won) multiple awards including an MTV VMA for Best Hip-Hop Video. In gameplay, the song features rapid-fire rapping during the verses, requiring breath control. It also bounces quite a bit from rapping to melodic singing, so there’s no room for slack. The drums are tough, with scattered, fast disco beats throughout the song.
Paramore - "That's What You Get" [Rock Band 2]
Originally appearing on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack, Paramore’s “That’s What You Get” joins the DLC library this week as the latest Rewind track. Hailing from their double-platinum sophomore album, “That’s What You Get” was one of three songs from Riot! to hit the Billboard Hot 100 chart while selling over 1,000,000 units. Strong harmonies make the song a good time for everyone, while the guitar carries the song forward. The drums are tons of fun during the verses, giving you some tricky bass patterns.

Rock Band VR Setlist (Official News):

RBVR_Soundtrack_1_Twitter.png

Harmonix have announced the official partial list of songs confirmed for the game, most were leaked but here's the list once again. There will be 60 songs in the final product.

New:
  • Against The Current - "Running With The Wild Things"
  • AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
  • Basement - "Promise Everything"
  • Ghost - "Cirice"
  • The Shelters - "Rebel Heart"
  • Spirit Kid - "To My Romeo"
Rewind:
  • Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Player"
  • Megadeth - "Hangar 18"
  • Van Halen - "Panama"
Harmonix have confirmed that some of the songs will show up later on as DLC for Rock Band 4.

Rock Band VR Setlist Round 2 (Official News):

RBVR_Soundtrack_Reveal_2_-_Twitter.png

Harmonix have announced another slate of songs confirmed for the game.

New:
  • Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
  • Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Postpone"
  • Coldplay - "Birds"
  • Maroon 5 - "Maps"
  • Mumford & Sons - "I Will Wait"
  • Parks - "Sweater Sweather"
  • The Pretty Reckless - "Heaven Knows"
  • The Starting Line - "Quitter"
  • Switchfoot - "Float"
  • The Temper Trap - "Alive"
  • Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"
  • The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"
Rewind:
  • Blondie - "One Way or Another"
  • David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
  • Europe - "The Final Countdown"
  • Green Day - "Holiday"
  • Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
  • Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
  • Pearl Jam - "Alive"
  • Stone Temple Pilots - "Plush"
Harmonix have confirmed that some of the songs will show up later on as DLC for Rock Band 4.

March DLC Week 3:

twdaaaangerzone.png

During the third week, one song was available for downloadable content alongside 11 free tracks for Rivals owners. In addition Mass Effect avatar items were available in addition to the appearance of Archer himself from the Archer TV series.

Kenny Loggins - "Danger Zone"
Iconic '80s songs don’t get much bigger than Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone". Taken from one of the best-selling soundtracks of all-time, "Danger Zone" peaked at #2 on the Hot 100 and cemented Kenny Loggins' status as the King of '80s soundtracks. The song (co-penned by disco pioneer Giorgio Moroder) has become a pop culture staple and true anthem. As for gameplay - the bassline is definitely challenging. There’s a guitar solo, with HOPO runs after the first two choruses. Vocal runs abound, though never overwhelm. The drums need a persistent, quick right hand. Welcome to the "Danger Zone".

3iv1c4olenvp.png

The 11 free tracks are all from The Record Co. group who are a non-profit company. 11 of 13 tracks from their Boston Sessions Volume 1 album are free for Rival owners.

Animal Flag - "Sink"
Bent Knee - "These Hands"
Black Beach - "No Place For Me"
Creaturos - "History Repeats"
Dutch ReBelle - "RudeBoys"
Julie Rhodes - "Hurry Up (& Wait For You)"
Littlefoot - "Casablanca"
Michael Christmas - "Cross That Line"
Ruby Rose Fox - "Skydiver"
STL GLD - "Good"
Tigerman WOAH - "Alone Time"

March DLC Week 4:

rbvrtwdlc.png

During the fourth week, Rock Band VR launched for Occulus Rift owners and to celebrate three of the songs brand new to the franchise (and were part of the VR setlist) were made available as downloadable content for Rock Band 4.

Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody" [Rock Band VR]
Leading the charge is Kings of Leon, with “Use Somebody”. A huge hit for the band, it became only the fourth song ever to top the Triple A, Adult Top 40, Mainstream Top 40, AND Alternative Songs charts. In the UK, it’s had 77 weeks on the UK Top 75, 40 of those weeks being consecutive after release. It then won three Grammy awards and was nominated for a fourth! The strings are a little more laid-back in the song, giving room to Caleb Followill’s signature singing style. But the drums have lots of variety and will keep you busy throughout.
Mumford & Sons - "I Will Wait" [Rock Band VR]
“I Will Wait” from award-winning UK artist Mumford & Sons is a welcome addition to both Rock Band VR and the Rock Band 4 Music Library. The lead single from Babel, it is the band’s biggest hit, selling over 2 million copies in the US over a period of just eight months. Rolling Stone dubbed it the 13th best song of 2012 at year’s end, further proven by its chart performance, where it remains the highest-charting single by the band. The guitar chart is very difficult, going from acoustic strumming to more intense banjo playing. Dense harmonies also provide a challenge, keeping everyone on their toes.
OneRepublic - "Counting Stars" [Rock Band VR]
Wrapping up the week is OneRepublic’s “Counting Stars”. Taken from their first top 10 album, Native, “Counting Stars” peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song also sold over 5 million copies in the US, while the music video has been watched over 1.70 BILLION times on YouTube. That’s a lot. The song is all about variety in gameplay. The drums have a lot going on, from assorted fills to disco beats. The vocals stretch across quite a large range, while the harmonies are featured throughout the song. The guitar part has a lot to do, never staying in one spot for too long.

March DLC Week 5:

DLCRect330.png

This week's downloadable content tracks are two artists from the United Kingdom. One of which is also from the Rock Band VR setlist.

Basement - "Promise Everything" [Rock Band VR]
First up is Basement, with “Promise Everything”, the lead single off their album of the same name. A buzz band from the UK, Basement’s US tour begins TODAY right here in Boston. Be sure to check them out when they come to your area. “Promise Everything” is a very high energy song that’s tons of fun for everyone in your virtual band, especially the drummer, as the percussion drives the song. The strings aren’t hard, but they’re active, and in a punk-tinged song like this one, very enjoyable.
Ed Sheeran - "Shape of You"
Next up is “Shape of You” from Ed Sheeran. The monster lead single from his latest album, ÷, it premiered at #1 in both the UK and US, his first #1 in the latter. Both the single and the album broke streaming records when the album was released, with “Shape of You” garnering over ten million streaming plays in a single day. When charting the song, we got to make some decisions that are rarely seen, like drums being predominantly made up of acoustic guitar percussion! It’s a fun change from the norm. The guitar plays along with keyboard and later takes over the acoustic guitar. Vocals are tough, even if someone knows the song end-to-end.

Rock Band VR Setlist (The Entire Setlist):

Harmonix have announced the official full list of songs confirmed for the game. There are 60 song total.

New - 34 songs:
  • Against The Current - "Running With The Wild Things"
  • AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
  • Band of Horses - "Causal Party"
  • Basement - "Promise Everything"
  • The Black Cheers - "(You're) Breaking Up"
  • Blink-182 - "Bored to Death"
  • Blondfire - "True Confessions"
  • Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
  • Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Postpone"
  • Coldplay - "Birds"
  • Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"
  • Ghost - "Cirice"
  • The Hunna - "You & Me"
  • Kaleo - "Glass House"
  • Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"
  • Maroon 5 - "Maps"
  • Mumford & Sons - "I Will Wait"
  • PARKS - "Sweater Weather"
  • Pierce the Veil - "Circles"
  • The Pretty Reckless - "Heaven Knows"
  • Quitter - "The Starting Line"
  • Rush - "Freewill (Vault Edition)"
  • The Shelters - "Rebel Heart"
  • Spirit Kid - "To My Romeo"
  • Switchfoot - "Float"
  • The Temper Trap - "Alive"
  • Tracy Bonham - "Mother Mother"
  • Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"
  • The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"
Rewind - Rock Band 1 Era - 4 songs:
  • David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
  • Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
  • The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Rewind - Rock Band 2 Era - 12 songs:
  • Alice in Chains - "Main in the Box"
  • Blondie - "One Way or Another"
  • Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Prayer"
  • Disturbed - "Down With the Sickness"
  • Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
  • The Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
  • Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
  • Pearl Jam - "Alive"
  • Rage Against the Machine - "Testify"
  • Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
Rewind - Green Day: Rock Band Era - 1 song:
  • Green Day - "Holiday"
Rewind - Lego Rock Band Era - 1 song:
  • Europe - "The Final Countdown"
Rewind - Rock Band 3 Era - 3 songs:
  • Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
  • Stone Temple Pilots - "Plush"
Rewind - Rock Band 4 Era - 1 song:
  • Van Halen - "Panama"
Rewind - Rock Band DLC Era - 4 songs:
  • Dragonforce - "Through the Fire and Flames"
  • Megadeth - "Hangar 18"
  • Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
March DLC 2017 Round-up:
  • Basement - "Promise Everything" [Rock Band VR]
  • Ed Sheeran - "Shape of You"
  • Kenny Loggins - "Danger Zone"
  • Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody" [Rock Band VR]
  • Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy" [Rock Band Rewind - Rock Band 2]
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton - "Can’t Hold Us"
  • Mumford & Sons - "I Will Wait" [Rock Band VR]
  • OneRepublic - "Counting Stars" [Rock Band VR]
  • Paramore - "That's What You Get" [Rock Band Rewind - Rock Band 2]
  • Staind - "Outside"

April 2017 DLC Artists:

Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast and the Harlot" [Also appeared on Rock Band 3]
Blondie - "One Way or Another" [Also appeared on Rock Band 2]
Hall & Oates - "You Make My Dreams"
Kaleo - "Glass House" [Also appeared on Rock Band VR]
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird" [Also appeared on Rock Band 3]
New Order - "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Oasis - "Champagne Supernova" [Also appeared on Rock Band VR]
The Pretty Reckless - "Heaven Knows" [Also appeared on Rock Band VR]

April 6th DLC:

Blondie - "One Way or Another" [Also appeared on Rock Band 2]
Hall & Oates - "You Make My Dreams"

Blondie’s “One Way or Another”, a hit song from the Rock Band 2 soundtrack, and more recently Rock Band VR, is now appearing as a downloadable single. “One Way or Another” was the final single released off the smash hit album Parallel Lines, and has been ranked as one of the greatest songs of all time. In Rock Band, the guitar has some tricky chord changes, and some quick hammer-ons. The drums have a good amount of variety, never staying with any pattern for very long. Finally, the bass travels the frets, slowly building up through the song to a tough outro.

A new release on the platform, “You Make My Dreams” is the fourth Hall & Oates hit to join the Rock Band DLC library. Coming from Voices, the duo’s ninth album, “You Make My Dreams” reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1981, and has since been featured in many movies and TV shows. The bass holds down the groove throughout the song, giving some well-deserved limelight to the instrument. The harmonies are endless fun, as one would expect from Hall & Oates, featuring many high notes and runs.

Back