Rock Band Official News/Announcements Thread (Rock Band 4 gets more DLC as per usual)

Re: Rock Band 4 Thread - PS/XB Pre-order DLC now available for both consoles

V3558Eb.jpg

So it turns out that neither Dream Genie or Metropolis are the hardest songs in this game. It's not even an Impossible difficulty track.

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | Harmonix: RB3 Export details soon

Harmonix have confirmed that Rock Band 3 Export support details will be coming soon.

we will be supporting RB3 export, more detail soon
yes! You can can buy a digital download on xbox360 or find the disc online and then you will be able to export
Tweet 1 2

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 13/10: Amazon Pre-order Songs

Downloadable Content for 13/10:

CQ6o77MUAAAafxd.jpg:large

The next set of downloadable songs are in fact the rest of the remaining pre-order ones. While we received songs from the PlayStation and Xbox pre-orders last week, this week we are getting the Amazon songs. There's four to choose from.

"Don't Wanna Fight" - Alabama Shakes
"Failure" - Breaking Benjamin
"Follow Me Down" - The Pretty Reckless
"Trainwreck 1979" - Death from Above 1979

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rock Band 4 OT | 1st In-Game Patch Incoming

In case you didn’t notice, we launched Rock Band 4 on October 6th. We’re working hard with Mad Catz to make sure we get more product available at retail. Thanks for your patience if you couldn’t find the version you were looking for last week. For those of you that already bought the product, thank you for your support!

Players have had a lot of great comments on what they like and have been very helpful in pointing out bugs and suggesting features they think are important for us to add in a title update. It has been amazing to see the passion in the Rock Band community and we want to thank you for telling us what you think. We want to continue to develop a close working relationship with the community over the long term. It’s our intention to tailor the RB4 experience to the playing audience. We look forward to continuing the dialog with you.

To that end, we’ll be releasing a title update targeted for the last week of October (pending testing and platform certification), in addition to the already announced feature update coming December 8th. This interim update will address a handful of issues first reported by our early adopters.

Here’s what we have planned for this month:
Character Stand-ins:
- we fixed this issue; players who build custom band members can also have their band appear across all game modes (Shows, Quickplay, Career)

PS4 Streaming Audio Support:
- we are fixing the issue with song audio for live streaming on the PS4

5.1 crowd audio support:
- we are making a change to add more ambience and crowd audio to the surround channels, similar to what we’ve done in previous versions of Rock Band

Various bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where Beatles guitars would not auto-calibrate
- Fixed an issue where character previews might pop-up in the overshell during gameplay
- Fixed a font issue with certain symbols in lyrics
- Fixed a lefty-flip cymbal issue with GH drums
- Fixed an issue where playing some songs with intentional missing parts would result in a crash
- Fixed an issue on PS4 where users with more than 2,000 Friends are unable to view in-game leaderboards

So, that’s the plan! We will of course be releasing full detailed build notes (including the specific bugs addressed) when the update is released.

We’ll soon also be providing additional information about the December title update, including specifics regarding availability of DLC exports.

Thanks for all your support!

-The team.

Can't say I've had any issues myself in terms of bugs but good to know they're patching it. What I'm super keen to know is the DLC export specifics.

While many have been predicting the next set of DLC songs it looks like we might be getting the ones from the 30 song pre-order pack that are not available to download on the store prior to the update.

These are all Harmonix bands and interesting enough they've come from a mixture of console set-lists and even Rock Band Network.

Rock Band:
The Acro-Brats “Day Late Dollar Short”
Anarchy Club “Blood Doll”
Bang Camaro “Pleasure (Pleasure)”
Death of the Cool “Can’t Let Go”
Freezepop “Brainpower”
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives “I Get By”
Tijuana Sweetheart “Seven”
Tribe “Outside”

Despite already been made available via Rock Band 1 Export, I guess Harmonix will probably release them as DLC.

Rock Band 2:
Anarchy Club “Get Clean”
Bang Camaro “Night Lies”
Breaking Wheel “Shoulder to the Plow”
Speck “Conventional Lover”
That Handsome Devil “Rob the Prez-O-Dent”
The Main Drag “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter”

These songs above are already available to download for free via Rock Band Free 01 Pack.

Rock Band Network:
Bang Camaro “Push Push (Lady Lightning)”
Blanks. “Lodger”
DnA’s Evolution “The Heist”
Giant Target “Signs”
The Main Drag “Don’t Let Me Down (Slowly)”
The Main Drag “What’s Your Favorite Dinosaur?”
Symbion Project “Synthesized (Inside Your Mind Mix)”
Tijuana Sweetheart “No Mercy”
Tijuana Sweetheart “Trash Candy”

My guess is that these will no doubt be made available soon, as either singles or as a Harmonix Pack 02.

Rock Band Downloadable Content:
Count Zero “Shake”
Father Octopus “Blink”
Freezepop “Get Ready 2 Rokk”
Freezepop “Less Talk More Rokk”
Freezepop “Super-Sprøde”
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives “Entangled”
Megasus “Megasus”

These songs above are already available to download on the Music Store.

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 20/10: Aerosmith Pack 02 ~ 6 more songs!

Downloadable Content for 20/10:

CRr-l-3UAAAx5HM.jpg:large

The next set of downloadable songs have been leaked by none other than Xbox. The first non-Pre-order pack goes to... Aerosmith!

Aerosmith – "Cryin’"
Aerosmith – "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
Aerosmith – "Eat the Rich"
Aerosmith – "Love in an Elevator"
Aerosmith – "Rats in the Cellar"
Aerosmith – "Seasons of Wither"

Cryin' appeared on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Love in an Elevator and Rats in the Cellar appeared in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

UPDATE:

Cryin has 2 Guitar Solos and 2 Drum Solos.
Dude (Looks Like a Lady) has 1 Guitar Solo.
Eat the Rich has 2 Guitar Solos.
Love in an Elevator has 3 Guitar Solos.
Rats in the Cellar has 1 Guitar Solo, 1 Bass Solo and a Big Rock Ending.
Seasons of Wither has 1 Guitar Solo.

IncendiaryLemon said:

$14.99 for exporting should be around £9.99 by guess, I'm willing to pay for that price.

Now the question is - will there be songs that can't be exported into Rock Band 4.

The previous titles had a couple songs that couldn't transfer, half of them were mainly due to Guitar Hero (Metallica, Oasis, Red Hot Chili Peppers & Soundgarden) while the others were simply just license expirations by guess (Iron Maiden cover, Tokio Hotel in Rock Band 1; AC/DC, Die Toten Hosen & Journey in Rock Band 2).

As long as Freebird makes it, it's fine. In all seriousness, the blog post does say ' If you have already bought Rock Band 3, get ready to rock with all that great music in Rock Band 4'. Not sure if I'm interpreting that 'All' too literally. Hopefully losses are minimal, RB3 has some great tracks. Freebird, Centerfold, Rainbow in the Dark, Before I Forget, The Beast and the Harlot, 25 or 6 to 4, Crazy Train, etc.

IncendiaryLemon said:
As long as Freebird makes it, it's fine. In all seriousness, the blog post does say ' If you have already bought Rock Band 3, get ready to rock with all that great music in Rock Band 4'. Not sure if I'm interpreting that 'All' too literally. Hopefully losses are minimal, RB3 has some great tracks. Freebird, Centerfold, Rainbow in the Dark, Before I Forget, The Beast and the Harlot, 25 or 6 to 4, Crazy Train, etc.

That reminds me Harmonix did reference Free Bird in that post and considering the other Lynyrd Skynyrd songs are still available.
For those of you who haven't played “Freebird” with Freestyle Guitar Solos (which is everyone except for the Harmonix staff), you are in for a real treat.
I think we can confirm Free Bird is 100% exportable. :thumb:

I wouldn't care, I totally read that part the first time too. Whoops :p

Glad to know it's secure though, it would be a crime not to have it.

Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 27/10: 3 songs | Depeche Mode, INXS & Naked Eyes

Downloadable Content for 27/10:

CSQDrKYXAAAHR_m.jpg:large

The next set of downloadable songs have been announced on a stock news site. There are only 3 songs this week, each are singles.

Depeche Mode - "People are People"
INXS - "What You Need"
Naked Eyes - "Alway's Something There to Remind Me"

None of these have appeared in Guitar Hero.

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 27/10: 3 songs | Depeche Mode, INXS & Naked Eyes

IncendiaryLemon said:
Can't say I'm interested in any of those bands myself. Oh well, maybe next week.

Same, though it's nice to have some classic '80s music every now and then.

Harmonix have provided an update on the Legacy DLC (not including the European PSN situation):
Hey gang!

We’ve got great news on updates to the Rock Band 4 game and Music Store. If you’ve experienced any of the following issues, we have more information coming your way!

XBOX ONE – LEGACY ROCK BAND DLC BUNDLES (PACKS)

Some of our players have been experiencing issue with our legacy Rock Band DLC bundles (or packs from the legacy Rock Band era) where they were not entitled to download the bundle itself. This has now been fixed on Xbox One! Here’s how it will affect different users:

If you previously purchased any bundle from legacy Rock Band titles and already re-downloaded the singles within that bundle to Rock Band 4, nothing changes! You are entitled to all singles you have already re-downloaded.

If you previously purchased any bundle from legacy Rock Band titles but have not yet re-downloaded that content, you are now able to locate the bundle name and re-download the entire bundle in one simplified process (provided that content has been made available as a bundle)!

As a reminder, if you see any bundles that you have previously (or recently) purchased showing up with a price and prompting you to re-purchase the content, don’t re-purchase! We are continuing to work with Microsoft to make all bundle content available and priced correctly.

For those legacy Rock Band bundles that are not currently available on Xbox One, this can be due to a number of reasons, including expired content within a given bundle or expiration of limited time offers. We continue to establish entitlements for owners of those packs to the available singles on Xbox One – thanks for your patience!

PLAYSTATION 4 – “NO CONTENT FOUND” DLC

Some users have attempted to download DLC from the in-game Rock Band 4 Music Store. Upon purchase, some have encountered an error screen that says “No Content Found”. We have a temporary workaround while we continue to work on a solution to this issue.

Once you arrive on the “No Content Found” screen:

- Press the PS button on the controller to constrain Rock Band 4
- Press the PS button on the controller to resume Rock Band 4
- Wait for My Downloads (the screen that said “No Content Found”) to refresh
- Scroll through the listed content until you see the song you want to download
- Click the down arrow next to the song to start the download!

PLAYSTATION 4 – ROCK BAND 4 DLC NOT VISIBLE IN-GAME

We've come to the conclusion that this may not be an entitlement issue, but rather a content delivery issue. If you recently attempted to re-download your legacy Rock Band DLC via the in-game Rock Band 4 Music Store OR the PSN store, you may not see some of this content in-game. We have a temporary workaround while we continue to work on a solution to this issue.

Here’s what you can do to get some of your legacy Rock Band DLC in Rock Band 4:

- Quit Rock Band 4
- From the PlayStation 4 Main Menu, scroll to the right and select Library
- Select Games
- Select Rock Band 4
- Scroll down and select "My Add-Ons"

From here, you will see all DLC products associated with your account that are installed. They are indicated with the word “Installed”. Those that were installed but are not visible will NOT display this word. Select the down arrow (the install icon on the PlayStation 4) and the content should install. The PlayStation 4 will then notify you that the content has been installed and indicate this with the word “Installed” next to the product.

- Back out to the PlayStation 4 Main Menu
- Startup Rock Band 4 again
- This content should now be visible in your Rock Band 4 library!

If you receive an error message while attempting to install these products, you must first restore your licenses to proceed.

To navigate to this option:

- Select Settings
- Select the PlayStation Network Store
- Select Restore Licenses
- Hit OK!

Once complete, check back to your download queue. Re-install the affected content by selecting the content again and this should solve the issue. Make sure you re-install through your Downloads (navigate to Notifications, then select Downloads) and NOT your “My Add-Ons” section to make sure your console recognizes this content!

Please note that this workaround may not resolve this issue for all legacy Rock Band products. If you continue to experience issues with viewing your legacy Rock Band DLC in-game, please let us know what specific products (Song / Pack Name and Artist) continue to be affected. All of this information is incredibly helpful as we continue to work with first-party to solve this issue!

PLAYSTATION 4 – QUEEN PACK 01 AND ROCK BAND BLITZ

The Queen Pack 01 is believed to be fixed! This means that for those of you who are attempting to purchase or re-download this pack, it is now available to you once you restore your license to the product.

From your PlayStation 4 Main Menu:

- Select Settings
- Select PlayStation Network Store
- Select Restore Licenses
- Hit OK!

You should then see the Queen Pack 01 product in the in-game Rock Band Music Store and can download this content as intended!

The Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack is also believed to be fixed at this time. For users that bought the full game of Rock Band Blitz on PlayStation 3, you should now be able to download this content in Rock Band 4. Here’s how you can re-download Rock Band Blitz:

- On your PlayStation 4, navigate to the PlayStation Network Store
- Search for 'Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack'

The pack should appear in your search without a price and prompt you to "Install" the content. Pressing that Install button will now give you eligibility to re-download the individual songs within the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack from the store (first-party or in-game).
Once completed, these songs will be ready to play in Rock Band 4!

THIS WEEK’S DLC ANNOUNCEMENT

A quick heads up to folks that the next Rock Band 4 DLC announcement is coming Tuesday, November 3rd (tomorrow) this week! Stay tuned for more great hits heading to Rock Band 4!

---

As always, thank you for your feedback, patience, and engagement with Harmonix and Rock Band 4. Keep updated with the latest Rock Band 4 news on our Facebook and Twitter pages, and explore helpful answers to questions about Rock Band 4 on our support page. We can’t wait to get more features and updates out to you all. More news to come soon!

Downloadable Content for 03/11:

CS2MuCcUwAAOpFs.jpg:large

The next set of downloadable songs have been announced on a stock news site. There are only 3 songs this week, each are singles.

The Hollies – "Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)"
Iggy Pop – "Lust for Life"
Robert Palmer – "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)"

Lust for Life has appeared on Guitar Hero 5.

Re: Rock Band 4 OT | DLC 03/11: 3 songs | Hollies, Iggy Pop & Robert Palmer

4 weeks later and still no news on any of the new DLC songs and even the Patch making it to the European PlayStation store.

Kotaku UK and Eurogamer have made an article on it but so far neither SCEE and Harmonix are responding completely on this.

Back