The Rant Thread

cercia

School Idol
Anyone had any bad experiences recently they want to share..?

I gotta say, one of my friends who is not talking to me has now been texting my b.f. asking to meet up. This just upsets me, why is she not talking to me anyway!! >< and no she hasn't been competing for the b.f. with me either, she's just given me the cold shoulder for some reason.

GAH! Woke up drunk to find a dead primary hard drive. Lost 30 minutes trying to find WTH was making the noise (the HD), another 3-4 hours installing the Windows, and all the drivers on my recently bought 2tb HD.
My computer is currently dismantled. It was easy to open it (while drunk), but god knows if I can assemble it without wanting to jump out of the window; heck, even opened a part I never figured how to while sober.

I feel like I lost half of my sanity along with 2-3 hundred gbs of anime, and all the installed games which took AGES to update (Aion, WoW, and AOC).

All my settings, bookmarks, passwords, programs. ARGH!

I have no idea. Didn't think about it yet, but it's not "dead" because it's still moving. I'm currently guessing something is loose, otherwise it wouldn't be making this noise as if there's a fan hitting a cable.

No idea what's funny about it, either, but I laughed throughout the process.

Already finished the drivers' installation. Now it's down to addons, settings, passwords, programs (VLC and CCCP), etc. etc. etc. It will most likely take a whole month to normalize the whole thing.

My computer's still open though. I'll most likely be very pissed off when I get home (going to work soon).

I am annoyed because whenever I am at work, I really want to work on one of my own personal projects, but when I am at home and thus have time available to spend on it, I have not the motivation, as I live a life surrounded by innumerable games, DVDs, and other such distractions. I would be quite happy if I had never gained all these luxuries, but now that I have them I could not happily give them up.

I must be the only person at my summer job who gets volunteered by other people to work cover shifts. "GEE LETS MAKE HIM WORK A 76 HOUR WEEK SEVERAL TIMES IN A ROW!". Cu.nts.

Zelgadis said:
I must be the only person at my summer job who gets volunteered by other people to work cover shifts. "GEE LETS MAKE HIM WORK A 76 HOUR WEEK SEVERAL TIMES IN A ROW!". Cu.nts.
Just say "No!" It's good to accept some time, as you're doing them a favour, but you shouldnt spoil them.

Chaz said:
Zelgadis said:
Just say "No!" It's good to accept some time, as you're doing them a favour, but you shouldnt spoil them.
I have no choice. One guy is signed off sick and there are days when one of the other 2 guys need a couple of days off. Not to mention during the summer shut, only 2 of us want to work, so I've been put on 12 hour night shifts for 9 straight days for the summer shut. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Good thing I'll be loaded by the end of it.

Hey, a thread about out own personal depressing experiences! ::is suddenly compelled to post again::

I'm currently a little concerned that without my noticing I seem to have stepped into my very own real life version of Maison Ikkoku, starring me as Godai and complete with Kyoko and Mitaka-alikes. Except my Kyoko looks like Tatiana Wisla from Last Exile, which just makes it all so much worse (I think I'll buy a dog). One thing is keeping me going at this point:
Godai Wins.

Also, only being able to explain my life through anime leaves me in despair.

My ex-employer didn't pay me the last 4 weeks I've worked there. I think it's just a mistake, but god knows how long to get this fixed... =(

a girl at work who really likes me, isn't talking to me now because she found i have a girlfriend. i wasn't interested anyways, but we were having fun, having a laugh before she switched on me. a work collegege (or partner in the case of waitrose) had to tell me the reason why she won't speak to me. :(

Like 3 days later after my HD crashed I'm still installing Windows updates.
Last night it asked for Service Pack 2, but I didn't bother because it takes too long and I was using my computer, so I'll do it now as I'll go watch sexy Leonard di crapio and his latest film.

It's like this is endless!! I'll buy a new 2tb hard drive soon, move everything there along with backups. Or perhaps I'll move the backup to one of the external hds instead.

Asus' energy saver, six engine is also pissing me off. I used to leave it in turbo, but now I'm considering that it might have been pushing my cpu and changed to "auto". The problem is "auto" is messed up. It suddenly moves from turbo to the lowest, and that means pure lag. My computer works fine without it, so it's about time for it to go.

Oh, judging by the looks of this thread my life seems rather simple. :lol:

fiiiine, if its staying...i'll contribute

Got back to work today, looked at my desk, everythings been moved round and my penguin that sits on my base unit infront of my screen and someone (i know who it is) had blutacked it upside down to the screen..... i left a note out saying that if anyone uses my pc can they put it all back how they found it...the fat bit.ch that does it is someone i've had trouble with plenty of times before.

logged into my account and realised instantly that she'd fu.cked about with the resolution aswell!! asked her about it and she said "didn't see anything on your desk saying to put it all back"
another colleague was in the room at the time, thats the only thing that stopped me ripping her head off and saying how childish she is.

She'll get her just deserts eventually, (well actually thats not suprising, she's a fat bit.ch anyway)

Tachi- said:
fiiiine, if its staying...i'll contribute

Got back to work today, looked at my desk, everythings been moved round and my penguin that sits on my base unit infront of my screen and someone (i know who it is) had blutacked it upside down to the screen..... i left a note out saying that if anyone uses my pc can they put it all back how they found it...the fat bit.ch that does it is someone i've had trouble with plenty of times before.

logged into my account and realised instantly that she'd fu.cked about with the resolution aswell!! asked her about it and she said "didn't see anything on your desk saying to put it all back"
another colleague was in the room at the time, thats the only thing that stopped me ripping her head off and saying how childish she is.

She'll get her just deserts eventually, (well actually thats not suprising, she's a fat bit.ch anyway)

trip her up near a gentle sloap and watch her roll ^^

Back