1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

The Out of Print Anime DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by frostythebudgie, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Animefreak17

Animefreak17 Godhand

I got apocalypse zero

2. cyborg 002

cyborg 002 Kiznaiver

Is the Kaze Code Geass season 1 bluray Out of print?

It's not for sale anywhere.

I'm hoping it's just out of stock and a new shipemt is on it's way to the stores.

3. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

It's just been restocked on Anime-On-Line: http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... ctid=25197

4. cyborg 002

cyborg 002 Kiznaiver

Thank you very much for the link Danielle.

I have never bought from that online store before. People say good things about them.

5. Mangaranga

Mangaranga Za Warudo

Anime on Line is run by MVM.

6. cyborg 002

cyborg 002 Kiznaiver

That's great.

Thanks for the info.

7. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Dragon Knight

..good for you?

8. windcott

windcott Kiznaiver

look like hetallia complete collection and black blood brothers are going oop

9. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

10. GolGotha

GolGotha Death Scythe

Bugger. Wanted to replace my set as my brother damaged it slightly, ah well.

11. Animefreak17

Animefreak17 Godhand

What company names have gone under...

I know
    Bandai has
    Geneon has
    Adv has
    Beez has

I'm just trying to find out which one's have

12. Lutga

Lutga Mad Scientist

Revelation haven't, but as far as I know none of the anime titles they put out are still in print.

13. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Dragon Knight

Most of Revelation's titles were distributed for FUNimation and since that contact was terminated they no longer have the rights to any of them. I think they did have some older titles of their own (unless I'm confusing them with Kiseki) but those will have expired years ago if so,

14. Revelation still have Robotech Shadow Chronicles, Love Live Alive, and Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds

15. Gavrev

Gavrev Dandy Guy, in Space

Whatever became of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" DVD? I was always curious about that series and it seems odd that they still have season 2 on the shelves but no season 1. Even recently I see it's getting a release on Blu-ray, so what gives? Any insights, or are anticipating a possible reissue on DVD alongside the blu-ray?

16. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

Anime Ltd have confirmed DVD rights as well as Blu-ray.

17. demonix

demonix Adventurer

That is because season 1 was released by beez, and since they are no more the set eventually vanished.

18. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Pretty much what Demonix said. A lot of DVDs of popular shows went OOP when Beez went under like Gurren Lagann, Lucky Star, various Gundam titles and Code Geass to name a few.

19. Gavrev

Gavrev Dandy Guy, in Space

That's great peeps! Thank you for the input. I did eventually find a thread about its disappearance in here elsewhere so apologies for half of that question, but it's great to learn that it's reappearing. :)

I managed to grab a copy of Gurren Lagann before it went OOP, but narrowly missed Melancholy.. Excellent. We just need Eva 3.33 to really surface then the circle is complete.. for a while ;)

20. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

Eureka 7 needs a re-release I suspect Anime Limited may pick this up in the future.