The 'oh-so Mature' Seinen Thread

Voddas

Symphogear
I've completed Dogs and found it very enjoyable but just one thing...
Would this Subject not have been better, being brought up in the Manga Discussion thread?
No Agression intended :lol:

My favourites in the category are Blade of the Immortal and Monster. I'm not terrifically into seinen but dabble occasionally when a specific title interests me. The seinen magazines do seem to attract quite a few mangaka with above average art skills from my perspective.

I'm avoiding the shounen thread not because of some anti-Claymore vendetta but because of all the spoilers flying around ;)

R

I love Claymore!!!!! Manga before the anime of course :p

Can't say I'm well educated in this area but Monster is in my top three mangas (fantastic read). I should really read more, but work is always busy nowadays and I just want to flake out at home after chores. I'll get round to it at some point. ^^

If you want a good crime murder mystery style one you can't go far wrong with Remote about a genius detective who can't leave his own basement and works through the observations of his assistants

I recently finished reading Love Roma, an offbeat romantic comedy. In the very first panel the male lead confesses his feeling to the female lead and asks if she'll go out with him. Within a few chapters they're an item. It's refreshing to read a teenage romance story that dispenses with all the misunderstandings and bullcrap.

Most of the comedy is derived from the interplay between the astonishingly blunt and earnest Hajime and the more grounded Yumiko. And from a really great supporting cast, especially both sets of parents. It's just five volumes in length and highly recommended to, well, everyone.

Read a few myself, Berserk, Black Lagoon and Hellsing come to mind. Mainly Berserk at the moment though, trying to catch up to where it is now, though it'll take time consdering i'm only on volume 13. Hellsing wise, i've watched some of the original series, but have kinda left it, what with ultimate meant to be better and the manga obviously more so. Black Lagoon i'm up to date with both anime and manga wise, really good series overall, and personally i can't wait to see the 3rd season of it when its released..though when that is yet to be seen.

I love a few of the manga maetioned earlier, such as Monster, Hellsing and Berserk. My favourite between them is berserk, but seinen also includes things like Rozen Maiden, Chobits and Oh my goddess. Oh my goddess is my personal manga "addictive series".
I've collected Akira when it was released in Brazil and then nothing else got released for years.
A friend introduced me to the american Dark Horse release of AMG and it hooked me. After AMG, my maga / anime addiction only went downhill... =)

edit: Oh, I've forgot to include X and xxxHolics...

Back