The Normanic Vault - A Blog About Grav Collecting & Showing Stuff Off

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
First made in April 2013, what became a random blog turned into something else entirely and over the years I have produced posts on a variety of topics. This was done through Blogger but eventually I decided to move my work to WordPress at the end of September 2018 and remained there ever since.

JuHZS45h.png

The Normanic Vault, which is basically the first part of my username and the latter referencing my otaku collection, is a place where I have been unboxing all kinds of anime releases from the UK, US or Japan, as well as other unique releases whether it's a video game limited set, an import or a first print special package from an Asian Cinema distributor.

In addition, due to the geolocking and information being all over the place, I had also provided industry news release slates on upcoming US anime releases to allow non-US viewers access to the information all in one place including finalised artwork, extras, audio and release date. In recent months I also expanded that effort into UK anime releases as well.
  1. Unboxing - A list of every item unboxed on my WordPress blog
    • Unboxing Redux - A remaster of previously produced unboxings from Blogger re-edited, new photos and more
  2. Otaku Collection - View current updates and plans for my future hauls
  3. UK Anime Home Video Schedule - All of the upcoming UK anime planned for release
  4. UK Asian Cinema Home Video Schedule - All of the upcoming UK Asian films planned for release
  5. US Anime Home Video Schedule - All of the upcoming UK anime planned for release
  6. Random Topics - This includes various posts like my thoughts on the games I've completed each year!
So enjoy the thread and if you feel like supporting me I have affiliate links present throughout the blog also.

Last edited:
Re: The Normanic Vault - Grav's Blog for Unboxings & Random

Here's the latest posts I made during 2016:

January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016

Last edited:

I did grumble on Twitter the other week that the images on the simulcast pages didn't actually link to the respective shows, and they seem to have actually fixed it, but I concur with your other sentiments. I don't get why every anime streaming site except Crunchyroll finds it so difficult to just have an alphabetical list of every show on the site. Viewster and Daisuki are just as bad.

New Industry News post. Funimation's October 2016 Release Slate.

The info I posted includes regions, extras, artwork and as per usual my thoughts at the bottom of the post.

You can check it out here.

st_owly said:
I did grumble on Twitter the other week that the images on the simulcast pages didn't actually link to the respective shows, and they seem to have actually fixed it, but I concur with your other sentiments. I don't get why every anime streaming site except Crunchyroll finds it so difficult to just have an alphabetical list of every show on the site. Viewster and Daisuki are just as bad.

At least with Daisuki their site works most of the time (I had to disable ad-block but I had no issues streaming God Eater, Kuroko's Basketball and One Punch Man in HD when they aired, though getting HD to work does take a few more seconds). Viewster's catalogue is a mess as you said. It's really hard to figure out which titles expired unless I did a comparison through my Complete List and their site. It's nuts.

I've told some folks about what they would expect about Funi Now (as they're US people) but they too agree that the site doesn't look that great either.

New Industry News post. Sentai Filmworks' November 2016 Release Slate.

The info I posted includes regions, extras, artwork and as per usual my thoughts at the bottom of the post.

You can check it out here.

Great post, Grav!

I'm pleased to see Sidonia season 2 get a release. REALLY hope somebody snags it for the UK. It's much more fun than a lot of folks give credit for.

HdE said:
Great post, Grav!

I'm pleased to see Sidonia season 2 get a release. REALLY hope somebody snags it for the UK. It's much more fun than a lot of folks give credit for.

Cheers!

I wonder how Season 2 will be handled over here. It's clear that Season 1 didn't sell very well (or in Jerome's case; bombed) for Animatsu. I honestly think the Polygon Pictures titles (like Ajin and the upcoming Blame! film) may work better with Anime Ltd this time around, but who knows. If Manga Animatsu decide to get the rest of Sidonia then good on them.

NormanicGrav said:
I wonder how Season 2 will be handled over here. It's clear that Season 1 didn't sell very well (or in Jerome's case; bombed) for Animatsu. I honestly think the Polygon Pictures titles (like Ajin and the upcoming Blame! film) may work better with Anime Ltd this time around, but who knows. If Manga Animatsu decide to get the rest of Sidonia then good on them.

I thought the word on Sidonia season 1 was that it hadn't bombed, but hadn't sold especially well either, putting it in kind of middling territory for sales.

HdE said:
NormanicGrav said:

I thought the word on Sidonia season 1 was that it hadn't bombed, but hadn't sold especially well either, putting it in kind of middling territory for sales.

Oh was it? Huh, well then. I guess if that's the case then they should try and get Season 2, especially as it comes with a movie (which recaps S1).

Industry News: Otakon 2016 Announcements
A recap post on all of the news unveiled from Otakon 2016. Basically the same as what you've seen on the AUKN thread.

Industry News: Funimation November 2016 Announcements
A post listing all of the titles being released under Funimation for November 2016. Also has my thoughts on the matter.

I'll have an Industry News post on Sentai Filmworks when their December 2016 line-up is released. Presumably at the end of the week or early next week.

Latest posts for the past couple of weeks!

Otaku Collection: September 2016 Update

A collection of all the items I picked up for the month of September 2016.

Unboxing [US]: Danganronpa the Animation - Complete Series: Limited Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
An unboxing of the Funimation set released recently back in November 2015.

Unboxing [JP]: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - Standard Edition (PS4)
An unboxing of the SEGA fighting game released only in Japan back in November 2015.

Unboxing [UK]: Free! Eternal Summer - Complete Series: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
An unboxing of the Anime Limited set released recently on October 2016.

Unboxing [US]: High School DxD BorN - Complete Series: Limited Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
An unboxing of the Funimation set released recently on September 2016.

Unboxing [JP]: IA/VT -COLORFUL- - Standard Edition (Vita)
An unboxing of the Marvelous rhythm game released only in Japan back in July 2015.

Unboxing [US]: Kabukimonogatari - Mayoi Jiangshi: Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
An unboxing of the Aniplex of America set released back in August 2014.

Overview [JP]: Miracle Girls Festival (Vita)
An overview (aka pre-owned item) look of the SEGA rhythm game released only in Japan back in December 2015.

Unboxing [US]: Otorimonogatari - Nadeko Medusa: Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
An unboxing of the Aniplex of America set released back in October 2014.

Industry News: Funimation January 2017 Release Slate
A post listing all of the titles from Funimation due for release this January 2017.

Industry News: Sentai Filmworks January 2017 Release Slate
A post listing all of the titles from Sentai Filmworks due for release this January 2017.

Industry News: Sentai Filmworks February 2017 Release Slate
A post listing all of the titles from Sentai Filmworks due for release this February 2017.

Coming soon to my blog is the monthly otaku collection update (November 2016) and a lot of unboxings for the month of November/December:
  • Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Sentai Selects (Blu-ray/DVD)
  • Eden of the East - Complete Series & Movies: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
  • Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb - Complete Series: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
  • Mai Mai Miracle - Collector's Edition Kickstarter Exclusive (Blu-ray/DVD)
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
  • The Place Promised in Our Early Days & Voices of a Distant Star - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
  • The Silver Case - Limited Run Games Collector's Edition (Visual Novel/PC)
  • Your Lie in April - Part 1: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
  • + Many more from MCM Comic Con Birmingham

Last edited:
Time for an update, here's all of the posts from November 2016 all the way to now.

Industry News:
Monthly Otaku Collection Updates:
Anime Unboxing:
Manga Unboxing:
Video Game Unboxing:
Japanese CDs:

COMING SOON!

Already Paid Off, Just Waiting:
  • ALDNOAH.ZERO: Season 1 Collection [UK Collector's Edition Blu-ray]
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone [UK Collector's Edition Combo Pack]
  • Full Metal Panic!: Season 1, FUMOFFU & Second Raid [UK Standard w/Box (Anime Ltd Exclusive) Blu-ray]
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl [UK Collector's Edition Combo Pack]
  • Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? [US Collector's Edition Combo Pack]
  • Persona 3 the Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight's Dream- [UK Collector's Edition Combo Pack]
  • Serial Experiments Lain: Complete Series [UK Collector's Edition Combo Pack]
  • The Silver Case [US Limited Edition (Limited Run Games Exclusive) PC / Visual Novel]
Ordered, Not Yet Paid:
  • NieR Automata [UK Day One Edition + T-Shirt PS4]
  • Persona 5 [UK Take Your Heart Collector's Edition PS4]
  • Your Name [UK Collector's Edition Combo Pack]

Back