The longest wait.

cudwieser

Student Council President
Simple question but what was the longest eta you had to endure for a delivery of a dvd?

I just recently go an email saying

Your estimated delivery date is:

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 -
Friday, April 19, 2013

Any advice on how you can shorten eta's or am I dreaming?

I've had some manga on order from Amazon for longer than that, but it'#s nothing to do with them but rather the publisher who brought out the previous volumes too quickly. Problem for me is it's Bakuman - series 3 has now reached the point we've got up to manga wise in this country (possibly the final arc) so I'm now stacking up vids knowing there's a month to go till the next volume and possibly 2 more to the one after (possible final one).

I once ordered a Judge Dredd GN for my brother from Forbidden Planet which took around 6 months to arrive since it took time for them to find a copy of itI also once ordered a cd from HMV (again for my brother) which took 6 months before they decided they couldn't get it and cancelled the order.

mangaman's post has just reminded me that I ordered a manga volume from Forbidden Planet in Edinburgh well over a year ago and they never got it. I ordered it from Amazon in the end.

Depends on whether you restrict it to things that have actually been published yet. Had some very long waits for the Dark Horse volumes of Hellsing to be published and then delivered but that did not stop a certain company taking (pre) orders for them.

Aside from that I've had the odd order go into the backorder vortex never to emerge again on one or two sites over the years.

Generally I will either cancel an order myself or the site will cancel if the delivery estimate stretches out too far beyond say four to six weeks for something within the UK. Overseas orders may take up to a month or more just for delivery as some come on very slow ships so you have to just be patient and not think to any particular schedule for those.

Back