The Garden of Sinners Movie Collection Review

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Overall, The Garden of Sinners is a mixed bag. The films are interesting but the quality varies a lot and they’re not for everyone. If you’re a particular fan of Ufotable then they’re well worth watching for the animation, but that won’t overcome their shortcomings for everyone.

Continue reading...

I agree this box is expensive for a blind buy and the lack of subs being default is a very odd and inconvenient choice. For me this was an easy buy though because I am already invested in the Fate series heavily.

Imo I just finished Movie 5 (my favorite one so far as well) and it has been a great series of films for me. We really need more Nasuverse stuff that isn't Fate bound. (Obligatory Tsukihime remake wen? comment)

I've been interested in watching them for a while and figured if I liked the other works in the Fate series I'd probably like this. Though that price tag... Anyone know what it shot up so much? I managed to grab it on Zavvi when it was that ridiculously cheaper price (we're talking like £50-60 here for some reason) since that asking price is a hell of a lot to chuck out in one go. I mean it does sort of equal normal anime film prices to some degree, maybe a bit more than some, but it did feel like a large price tag that you'd only pay if:
A) You like the series.
B) You have watched 1 film somewhere and want to get the rest to watch too.
C) Have heard a lot about it in relation to Fate works and have been recommended it a lot.

It should be a copy of the US disks. Could be wrong though

----

Price does seem a rather steep investment for someone who already owns the set though, even if it looks better on Bluray

They're the Japanese discs that the US got (got Japanese subtitles and copyright screens)
The UK (and AU) DVD releases were PAL format, with 4% speed up. That alone is enough reason to invest in the Blu-rays if you're a fan of the franchise

They're the Japanese discs that the US got (got Japanese subtitles and copyright screens)
The UK (and AU) DVD releases were PAL format, with 4% speed up. That alone is enough reason to invest in the Blu-rays if you're a fan of the franchise

That actually explains why the subs are off by default as well. Thanks guy who was Just Passing Through.

Back