As revealed last night, Discotek's August 2021 line-up is now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Future Robot Daltanious$59.95Japanese
with English Subs
47 episodesSD Blu-ray
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics Season 2$49.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
23 episodesSD Blu-ray
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple Season 1$59.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
25 episodesBlu-ray
Lupin the Third Part III$79.95Japanese
with English Subs
50 episodesBlu-ray
Mitchiri Neko$19.95Japanese
with English Subs
13 episodesBlu-ray

Shaman King!
Honestly, never thought the dub would see the light of day again. It never got a proper home video release apparently even when it did air, so I'll definitely be getting this.
It's also one of those series where I'm fine with the dub since that was what I heard growing up watching it. It'll be fun hearing those old voices again.

Matt McMuscles is freaking lucky compared to an untalented loser like me cause hes friends with OSW, gets to work with a western anime company and hang with egotistical ***** like Jessica Nigiri...........**** me I wish I was dead cause I have no talent/conecctions

It rubs me up the wrong way for a different reason: I like interesting commentary tracks. Matt McMuscles' gaming content doesn't tend to be particularly insightful and I don't believe he has an encyclopedic knowledge of anime either. His "What Happened" series, for example, is a good idea but all too often it feels like he's just cribbed from Wikipedia or the top Google results rather than being the result of independent research. I'm not expecting much more here.

A lot of content from Youtubers has this problem, or even outright errors (and some creators get bent out of shape when you correct them), but that's not a rant for this thread.

They were originally saying summer for the first Urusei Yatsura movie, so it's disappointing that it's not in the August lineup.
My friend David did some fantastic work on it (and also has done restoration work on some other amazing stuff in the works). Our release features a new restoration in a key area, and there's some fun surprises about it. I think the wait will be worth it.

My friend David did some fantastic work on it (and also has done restoration work on some other amazing stuff in the works). Our release features a new restoration in a key area, and there's some fun surprises about it. I think the wait will be worth it.
I'll be buying them as soon as they're available. I ended up keeping my VHS copies of some of the movies due to some weird sound problems (possibly inverted audio) on the DVDs, so I've been waiting over a quarter of a century for a definitive upgrade. I can keep on waiting.

A bit late than the usual reveal window, Discotek's September 2021 line-up is now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

Case Closed: The Darkest Nightmare$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
City Hunter Season 2 Set 2$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
25 episodesBlu-ray
Fatal Fury OVA Collection$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
2 episodesBlu-ray
Galaxy Cyclone Braiger$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
39 episodesSD Blu-ray
Super Dimension Century Orguss$69.95English (1-17) &
Japanese
with English Subs
35 episodesBlu-ray

A bit late than the usual reveal window, Discotek's September 2021 line-up is now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

Case Closed: The Darkest Nightmare$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
City Hunter Season 2 Set 2$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
25 episodesBlu-ray
Fatal Fury OVA Collection$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
2 episodesBlu-ray
Galaxy Cyclone Braiger$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
39 episodesSD Blu-ray
Super Dimension Century Orguss$69.95English (1-17) &
Japanese
with English Subs
35 episodesBlu-ray
No Konosuba movie, pain. Anime Ltd use their discs right?

No Konosuba movie, pain. Anime Ltd use their discs right?
When possible yeah. Discotek will need to announce it first, and I believe their schedule for October is likely to be Hajime no Ippo Part 3, Kenichi Season 2, Lupin Part V Collection 1, Sgt Frog Season 1, Shaman King 4Kids, and Urusei Yatsura: Only You. Could be stealthily announced before the year is over but for now it's just a matter of wait and see.

E8OJLB0VEAM5DLf

DISCOTEK PANEL: AUGUST OTAKON 2021 EDITION:

The panel will not be live-streamed but instead one of their members will be live-tweeting the panel. I'll recap the announcements with this post as it goes along.

Announcement #1 | Tomorrow's Joe 2: The Movie (Ashita no Joe 2)
Film Coming to Blu-ray (HD)
  • In Japanese with English subtitles.
  • Other on-disc special features are TBD.
  • Currently scheduled for late 2021.
Announcement #2 | Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers TV & OVA Series (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers)
TV Series & OVAs Coming to Blu-ray (HD) [Previously released by Discotek on DVD]
Announcement #3 | Lupin the Third vs Detective Conan: The Movie
Film Coming to Blu-ray (HD) [Previously released by Discotek on DVD]
  • In Japanese with English subtitles plus all-new English dub.
  • 2.0 & 5.1 for each audio language.
  • Includes Clean Opening included for the first time, Trailers, Liner Notes.
  • Translation has been improved to bring it in line with the quality of the recent Lupin & Conan releases.
  • Currently scheduled for potentially December 2021.
Announcement #4 | Lupin the Third: The Mystery of Mamo
Film Coming to Blu-ray (HD) [Previously released by Discotek on DVD]
  • In Japanese with English subtitles plus all 4 English dubs:
    • Original Frontier Productions in 1978
    • Streamline in 1994
    • Manga Entertainment UK in 1995
    • Geneon/Phuuz in 2005
  • Other on-disc special features and release date details are TBD.
Announcement #5 | Saiyuki Reload
TV Series Coming to Blu-ray (SD)
  • In Japanese with English subtitles plus Geneon English dub.
  • Other on-disc special features are TBD.
  • Currently scheduled for late 2021 to early 2022 release window.
Announcement #6 | Cutey Honey: The Live
Live-Action Tokusatsu Series Coming to Blu-ray (HD)
  • Includes Extensive Behind-the-scenes features.
  • Currently scheduled for late 2021 to early 2022 release window.
Announcement #7 | Girly Air Force
TV Series Coming to Blu-ray (HD)
  • Includes Clean Opening & Endings, Japanese Promos.
  • Currently scheduled for late 2021.
Announcement #8 | Robot Carnival
Film Coming to 4K Ultra HD [Previously released by Discotek on Blu-ray & DVD]
  • In Japanese with English subtitles plus English dub.
  • Includes both the 16:9 and 4:3 versions of the film, and will include HDR.
  • The UHD disc doesn't support many features that are on Blu-ray so hold on to your Blu-ray copy if you wish to have access to specific bonus features. Examples include seamless branching, interactive art galleries and SD interlaced video.
Announcement #9 | Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
TV Series Coming to Blu-ray (SD)
  • Includes OVAs "Leina Stol in Wolf Sword Legend" & "Lightning Trap: Leina & Laika"
  • Includes TV Commercials, CPM Promos, Clean Opening & Endings, Pilot Film.
  • Currently scheduled for early 2022.
Announcement #10 | Gunbuster
OVA Series Coming to Blu-ray (HD)
  • In Japanese with English subtitles plus all-new English dub from Sound Cadence Studio.
  • Lots of special features.
  • Early announcement, so it's due for 2022.

Project Update #1 | Project A-Ko
  • Upcoming release will include both the 16:9 and 4:3 versions of the film.
  • The film has been scanned from the entire negative.
  • English dub has also been newly restored.
  • Dozens of on-disc special features:
    • Storyboards of the entire film
    • Newly-translated Japanese audio commentary with Miki Ito (A-ko), Emi Shinohara (B-ko), and Michie Tomizawa (C-ko)
    • Full-length documentary about the music of A-Ko featuring new interviews with composers and producers Joey Carbone and Richie Zito, as well as singers Samantha Newark and Annie Livingstone.
    • Mini-documentary about a rare, unreleased video game tie-in.
    • Exclusive liner notes.
    • Gallery of never-before-seen animation easter eggs.
    • "Ginormous" art gallery.
  • Disc & Packaging artwork also revealed.
Project Update #2 | Lupin the Third franchise
Project Update #3 | Ninja Robots
  • They're still searching for the remaining two minutes of English dub footage for Episode 34 "The Female Ninja".
Bonus: 4K Ultra HD vs Blu-ray:

E8OUBJiVUAAT1-e

Discotek's October 2021 line-up was revealed during the panel.

City Hunter: The Complete 1st Series???Japanese
with English Subs
51 episodesBlu-ray
Hajime no Ippo: Collection 3???English & Japanese
with English Subs
28 episodes
& OVA + Special
Blu-ray
Lupin the Third Part V???English & Japanese
with English Subs
24 episodesBlu-ray
Sgt. Frog Season 1???English & Japanese
with English Subs
51 episodesSD Blu-ray
Shaman King 4Kids Version???English
with English HOH Subs
64 episodesSD Blu-ray

Last edited:
Seemed like it was going to be a bit of a damp squib again but, damn, Gunbuster is huge. Looking forward to that one (if the licence is available, I would be surprised if AL don't get it for the UK - I seem to recall them trying in the past?) and for Robot Carnival on UHD

Part of me wishes I’d have waited on picking up City Hunter as it’s now getting complete series sets but otherwise some great announcements!

I haven’t picked up Robot Carnival yet so am very interested in the UHD release, and project A-Ko also looks like a very comprehensive and impressive release so keen to pick that up too.

Part of me wishes I’d have waited on picking up City Hunter as it’s now getting complete series sets but otherwise some great announcements!

I haven’t picked up Robot Carnival yet so am very interested in the UHD release, and project A-Ko also looks like a very comprehensive and impressive release so keen to pick that up too.

same , i already have both of the set 2 parts ordered as well ......

well AL has some work to do Re lupin part 5 and what not

Well I'm in for just Girly Air Force, lol. Out of curiosity, right after the announcement list was posted up I started watching GAF on Crunchyroll, and I've already finished 6 episodes. Reminds me somewhat of The Magnificent Kotobuki, and I enjoyed that one so much I bought both the series and the movie Blu-rays.

Gunbuster is huge. Looking forward to that one (if the licence is available, I would be surprised if AL don't get it for the UK - I seem to recall them trying in the past?)
Yeah, I would really, very much appreciate if anyone who might have obtained Gunbuster for the UK could announce it ASAP, because that's an easy import.

If licence agreements mean you're not allowed to, please point whoever you've licensed it from to this post to show them how not being able to announce it could potentially cost you sales.

Yeah, I would really, very much appreciate if anyone who might have obtained Gunbuster for the UK could announce it ASAP, because that's an easy import.

If licence agreements mean you're not allowed to, please point whoever you've licensed it from to this post to show them how not being able to announce it could potentially cost you sales.
Wow this screams of entitlement and al and others don't owe you or anyone anything and i don't want company reps being put off coming on these forums because of posts like yours and mods it would be a good idea about making rule about making demands for licenses from uk anime companies.

Last edited:
Back