NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
As revealed last night, Discotek's August 2021 line-up is now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Future Robot Daltanious$59.95Japanese
with English Subs
47 episodesSD Blu-ray
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics Season 2$49.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
23 episodesSD Blu-ray
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple Season 1$59.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
25 episodesBlu-ray
Lupin the Third Part III$79.95Japanese
with English Subs
50 episodesBlu-ray
Mitchiri Neko$19.95Japanese
with English Subs
13 episodesBlu-ray

Takei Daloui

School Idol
Shaman King!
Honestly, never thought the dub would see the light of day again. It never got a proper home video release apparently even when it did air, so I'll definitely be getting this.
It's also one of those series where I'm fine with the dub since that was what I heard growing up watching it. It'll be fun hearing those old voices again.

Silanda

Completely Average High School Student
Matt McMuscles is freaking lucky compared to an untalented loser like me cause hes friends with OSW, gets to work with a western anime company and hang with egotistical ***** like Jessica Nigiri...........**** me I wish I was dead cause I have no talent/conecctions

It rubs me up the wrong way for a different reason: I like interesting commentary tracks. Matt McMuscles' gaming content doesn't tend to be particularly insightful and I don't believe he has an encyclopedic knowledge of anime either. His "What Happened" series, for example, is a good idea but all too often it feels like he's just cribbed from Wikipedia or the top Google results rather than being the result of independent research. I'm not expecting much more here.

A lot of content from Youtubers has this problem, or even outright errors (and some creators get bent out of shape when you correct them), but that's not a rant for this thread.

Professor Who

School Idol
They were originally saying summer for the first Urusei Yatsura movie, so it's disappointing that it's not in the August lineup.
My friend David did some fantastic work on it (and also has done restoration work on some other amazing stuff in the works). Our release features a new restoration in a key area, and there's some fun surprises about it. I think the wait will be worth it.

Dai

Adventurer
My friend David did some fantastic work on it (and also has done restoration work on some other amazing stuff in the works). Our release features a new restoration in a key area, and there's some fun surprises about it. I think the wait will be worth it.
I'll be buying them as soon as they're available. I ended up keeping my VHS copies of some of the movies due to some weird sound problems (possibly inverted audio) on the DVDs, so I've been waiting over a quarter of a century for a definitive upgrade. I can keep on waiting.

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
A bit late than the usual reveal window, Discotek's September 2021 line-up is now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

Case Closed: The Darkest Nightmare$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
City Hunter Season 2 Set 2$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
25 episodesBlu-ray
Fatal Fury OVA Collection$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
2 episodesBlu-ray
Galaxy Cyclone Braiger$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
39 episodesSD Blu-ray
Super Dimension Century Orguss$69.95English (1-17) &
Japanese
with English Subs
35 episodesBlu-ray

windicetea

Completely Average High School Student
A bit late than the usual reveal window, Discotek's September 2021 line-up is now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

Case Closed: The Darkest Nightmare$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
City Hunter Season 2 Set 2$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
25 episodesBlu-ray
Fatal Fury OVA Collection$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
2 episodesBlu-ray
Galaxy Cyclone Braiger$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
39 episodesSD Blu-ray
Super Dimension Century Orguss$69.95English (1-17) &
Japanese
with English Subs
35 episodesBlu-ray
No Konosuba movie, pain. Anime Ltd use their discs right?

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
No Konosuba movie, pain. Anime Ltd use their discs right?
When possible yeah. Discotek will need to announce it first, and I believe their schedule for October is likely to be Hajime no Ippo Part 3, Kenichi Season 2, Lupin Part V Collection 1, Sgt Frog Season 1, Shaman King 4Kids, and Urusei Yatsura: Only You. Could be stealthily announced before the year is over but for now it's just a matter of wait and see.