The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
Well, with all the whining and moaning and gnashing of teeth about Fly Me to the Moon missing from the new Evangelion releases, I decided to go ahead and add the original DVDs of the series and the movies to my collection, just for completeness sake. I found a Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinium thinpak set for not too bad of a price, and also the Death and Rebirth and End of Evengelion DVDs, all in very good condition, so I'll have them coming to me soon. I did verify that all of them are originals and not bootlegs.

These ran me about the same price and will compliment the Ultimate Edition set I have on pre-order. All this money laid out, and I don't even care for the series, lol!

Lambadelta

Cardcaptor
Ordered from Mandarake - Mo Dao Zu Shi Season 2

E3_py3lXwAIVgtl

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Volumes 11-24 of Attack on Titan from Bookwalker during the sale and coin back event I mentioned earlier. I used my 3000 odd ¥ in coins and in return got back ¥4000 which will go on the 4! volumes I've pre-ordered for Tuesday.
The 4 being:
Bloom into You Anthology
Kageki Shojo!
! Vol. 2
The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol. 15
Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games Vol. 1

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I've got multiple items on order from Japan (stupidly placed an order, when I got some unforseen expenses the week after). I managed to pay for a partial order, with the following items:
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 1
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 2
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 3
Remaining items could hopefully be shipped out late next month.
Nice pickups farzam - if those were English friendly, I'd probably be all over them, but since they aren't I'm happy enough with just getting Rightstuf's uncensored steelbook coming out in December. Do you have that one on order too?

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
A fellow man of culture, I see! I have Redo of Healer already on pre-order from Rightstuf. Were you able to confirm the Japanese releases of those two series are actually uncensored or not? Just wondering since a lot of Japanese hentai stuff seems to be censored.

ActionFaust

Combat Butler
I meant censors on the blu-ray releases.. Either way, I’m only getting the JP releases because of the nice packaging, can’t watch them since they aren’t English friendly.
Ah fair enough. I recall Reviewers still had some censorship on the JP Blu-ray. Not as much as the broadcast at least. Think the US Blu-ray is the most uncensored version you'll find funnily enough

Lambadelta

Cardcaptor
I found a lot of screenshot comparisons on both shows, and read some info. The following is from my understanding:

Interspecies has censored the OP, where episode 1 OP aired with uncensored genitalia in Taiwan. The rest of the show on BD is uncensored compared to broadcast.

Sex toys, and similar objects are still censored in the JP BD. If they exist uncensored the US BD should have them

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
Still waiting for my sex toys to arrive in the mail, but they are shipping from China, not Japan, so hopefully those won't be censored. ;)😁

Anywho, a brand new copy of the long OOP Blu-ray of Arpeggio of Blue Steel Complete TV Series popped up on Discotek's eBay site at a normal retail price of $49.99 yesterday, so I snagged it right away, since they are going for $125-$150 or more from private sellers. The series is a bit much on the cutesy side for me, but I still remember enjoying the overall story when I first saw it years ago, so I thought I would go ahead and add it to my collection.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Moar Yuri!
Kase-san and Morning Glories and Whispered Words Vol 1 from the Bookwalker Let's Smile coin back event:
BOOK☆WALKER Global:World Smile Day | BOOK☆WALKER
*Affiliate link

And as they weren't in the event Kindred Spirits on the Roof and I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up using the 30% off code from filling out the Seven Seas survey:

I then pre-ordered Adachi and Shimamura (manga) vol 2 and vol 4 of Super HxEROs (hang on that's not yuri!) which will be paid for by the coins I received for the above.

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I just Backed Nozomi's Kickstarter of the 1985 Dirty Pair anime on Blu-ray with new English dub. I pledged the $250 Lovely Angel Tier for the complete storage box with the TV Series, OVAs and Movies, along with add-ons for the hardcover artbook and the second LED lighted standee lamp. I may change my pledge slightly before the pledge period is up, but I wanted to get my initial pledge in right away. More Girls with Guns!

Nozomi's "Let's Dub the Dirty Pair TV Series!" Kickstarter Page

f8434f383701dbf7337a242d946c1054_original.jpg

Vincentdante

Za Warudo
I just Backed Nozomi's Kickstarter of the 1985 Dirty Pair anime on Blu-ray with new English dub. I pledged the $250 Lovely Angel Tier for the complete storage box with the TV Series, OVAs and Movies, along with add-ons for the hardcover artbook and the second LED lighted standee lamp. I may change my pledge slightly before the pledge period is up, but I wanted to get my initial pledge in right away. More Girls with Guns!

Nozomi's "Let's Dub the Dirty Pair TV Series!" Kickstarter Page

f8434f383701dbf7337a242d946c1054_original.jpg
Woah, thanks for linking this

EDIT: Ah there it is.

Please note the Blu-ray discs will be Region A only due to licensing constraints.

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
Ah sod it, I love this show so much I went for it.

I'm officially in the market for a region free player now lol. I guess I can finally get some of those other shows I been eyeing too.

Good for you! It just seems totally insane to me for any anime fan, especially one who is into collecting enough to hang out on the anime forums, to not own at least one multi-region Blu-ray player so they can buy anime Blu-rays or DVDs from any region. I've got two hardware-modified region-switchable Oppo Blu-ray players and three home computers all with Blu-ray drives and software to allow region-free playback, so I have no limitations on viewing anime releases from any part of the world. It actually irritates me to no end whenever I see someone post on the anime forums asking if a certain anime release is able to be played on their region equipment or not. I just want to slap them upside the head, preferably with some aquatic fauna, lol...

Vincentdante

Za Warudo
Good for you! It just seems totally insane to me for any anime fan, especially one who is into collecting enough to hang out on the anime forums, to not own at least one multi-region Blu-ray player so they can buy anime Blu-rays or DVDs from any region. I've got two hardware-modified region-switchable Oppo Blu-ray players and three home computers all with Blu-ray drives and software to allow region-free playback, so I have no limitations on viewing anime releases from any part of the world. It actually irritates me to no end whenever I see someone post on the anime forums asking if a certain anime release is able to be played on their region equipment or not. I just want to slap them upside the head, preferably with some aquatic fauna, lol...

I was looking at this on Amazon which has some good reviews

But now that you mention it I'm actually somewhat tempted to try building a HTPC with a blu-ray drive. What kind of software do you use to bypass the region lock?

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
The current version of the free Leawo Blu-ray Player does a pretty good job of decoding region-locked discs on the fly. I don't know how it would handle geo-locked discs though, because I don't think I own any discs that are geo-locked against Region A to test one.