Tezuka rare manga being sold by Sainsbury's Entertainment!

VivisQueen

Adventurer
I just found 'Swallowing the Earth' by Osamu Tezuka being sold in hardback form by Sainsbury's Entertainment for £12.99. Just to give you a sense of how much this is a bargain:

thebookdepositry - out of stock

amazon.co.uk market sellers - min. price £76.13

amazon.com market sellers - min price used $58 / new $76.99

abebooks.co.uk - used £48.03 plus £19.72 shipping

Here's the link for anyone (with common sense!) who is interested: https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co. ... =E10654951

I am so chuffed. Crazy how a random google>shopping search led me to the craziest deal ever. My weekend is officially made!

Sadly it never always that simply. Orders item in the past only be told they can't be fulfilled. Site may claim to get an item but it often can be a mistake. With the rarity of the book elsewhere and not mentioned being in stock. As it look with "Usually despatched within 6 working day" that they need order stock in.

Hopefully I am wrong and you still will get your book.

Niferpitou's right, that kind of wait means they'll almost certainly have to order stock in. The despatch time probably stayed at six days as they've never tried re-ordering. Until now...

Of course I could be wrong, and they might just have a really big warehouse:

"Ah, you're after that Tezuka book? Right Dave, hop on the forklift, drive down aisle C for two days, then turn onto aisle 437000 and keep going. It should be on the shelf below the Ark of the Covenant."

VivisQueen said:
... no?

;_; But wouldn't they say clearly that it was out of stock if it was, in fact, out of stock?

I'm afraid not. If an offer like that looks too good to be true, it usually is. When they have a long wait like that, what it means is "we don't have it, but we'll order in" and if it's out of stock everywhere else, there's not going to be anywhere they can order it from. I had the same thing with Iron Man: Execute Program from WHSmiths.

Trouble is, if they don't hold stock and it's not a highly sought after product (let's face, manga from sainsbury's isn't going to be) they'd have no way of knowing it's out of print unless somebody (in this case you) orders.

Dems de brakes I'm afraid =/

But look on the bright side: Better we well and truly crush your last ounce of hope now rather than having the utter despair of waiting for months and then being sent an email saying "sorry this item is out of stock." And if we're wrong then you'll be extra doubly chuffed. It's win-win...sort of.

This is exactly what happened with my tin box-set of Secret of Blue Water that I tried to order from Playusa. I think it's just something we must all eventually face when buying obscure things.

Got this message today from Sainsburys Entertainment:

We're very sorry but, this item has gone out of stock. We are doing all we can to source additional stock and to get your order to you as quickly as possible.

BLEH. If they can't source any more stock, then it means I am well and truly buggered and doomed to either going without or paying up for those extortionately priced ones online.

Back