Suspected Lulzsec hacker arrested. :D

Mutsumi

Guild Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13859868

A teenager has been arrested in a joint Scotland Yard and FBI investigation into the hacking of websites.

The 19-year-old man was held during a raid at a house in Wickford, Essex.

On Monday the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) took its website offline after it was attacked by Lulz Security hackers.

Scotland Yard would not confirm the arrest was connected but did say that it followed a series of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.

The raid in Essex had been a "pre-planned, intelligence-led" operation, it said.

The teenager was arrested under the Computer Misuse Act and Fraud Act and is being questioned at a central London police station.

He was arrested by the Metropolitan Police's e-crime unit.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "The arrest follows an investigation into network intrusions and distributed denial of service attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is believed to be the same hacking group.

"Searches at a residential address in Wickford, Essex, following the arrest last night have led to the examination of a significant amount of material. These forensic examinations remain ongoing."

Scotland Yard is co-operating with the FBI as well as Essex Police.

An FBI spokesman said it had no comment "at this time".

HA! :D

I guess there are good hackers who are paid help track down the bad ones like Lulzsec. Such skills are clearly not restricted to criminals.

just heard this on the radio, not a bad job if they've got those 2 in spain now this essex kid.

Seriously, your telling me a teen in essex has literally nothing better to do than take part in a hacking cult? Whatever happened to drinking white lightening in the local park? or just sleeping with easy to get women.... essex's stereotypes are yet to prove untrue lol. This guy gets a 10 outta 10 for being an idiot though, if your gunna do the crime, your gunna do the time.

Thing is, its obvious that this guys either been bragging, or he's a noob to hacking and didn't go through a proxy or try and mask his IP address at all. Get what you deserve :/

Mutsumi said:
I guess there are good hackers who are paid help track down the bad ones like Lulzsec. Such skills are clearly not restricted to criminals.

Indeed they do, hackers are employed by banks and security firms to try and crack their software, makes more sense to have the best hackers on your side than against you, though this does leave them at risk for if the hackers in their pocket decide to sell off the info on how to crack the systems they've created. But their also employed to track down hackers too.

Of course they would, as I am sure having one of their members cause is an embarrassment they would rather have pinned on their rival.

As Anonymous was, hardly anyone in the group was a leader so to lose one member means nothing, easily replaced. Its like trying to kill a hydra unless you take it all out at once then it'll just come back at you.

I'll love it if a tracking cookie was all that was needed to find this guy. That'd make my day.

I've been won over by their switch from attacking electronics and software companies to government and law enforcement agencies. Now they need to escalate things somewhat, and quickly. Surely it's only a matter of time before this world has a proper Eiichi Hoba on it's hands... I'm looking forward to the fun.

Lulzsec aren't "criminals". They're just a bunch of "hackers" who screw around with websites.

All they do is a simple SQL injection. Or, if that's not possible, DDoS them.

However, they are breaking the law by releasing information publically before contacting the company. If they contact them, and there's not reply, they're free to release the info.

Facebook disabled all the accounts on the list, it was fun while it lasted! Although apparently people's Paypal account details were released to, which is below the belt...

Tachi said:
Whatever happened to drinking white lightening in the local park? or just sleeping with easy to get women....
The practice became blasé. Rising house prices dictated a change in the sensibilities of the locals and hence their cultural norms.

Back