Super Smash Bros 3DS Demo

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Figured this should have its own thread but I managed to be one of the lucky Club Nintendo owners to get free download codes for the Super Smash Bros 3DS game.

When I mentioned this on Twitter, dozens of people demanded me to give them codes. Unfortunately for them I have them saved up for my flatmates since they have a 3DS and probably want them.

So, who else managed to get them?

--------
Requirements to get the demo early:
- Become a Club Nintendo owner and achieved Platinum Status between 1st July 2013 and 30th June 2014
- Registered any Nintendo 3DS product
- Chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo.

All codes for this special demo must be redeemed by Sept. 19. Enjoy!

--------
Demo provides the following:
- Unlimited amount of time to play the demo (no expiration limit whatsoever)
- Local Multiplayer
- 1 stage: Battlefield
- 5 characters: Mario, Link, Pikacku, Mega Man & Villager

I wasn't one of the lucky ones, but a friend of mine was. I've been playing the Japanese demo for the last few days now.

I'm getting pretty good with Pikachu.

Ath was able to pass me a copy of the demo and it's pretty fun. Controls are pretty tight when you get used to the layout. Graphically and such, the game runs really smooth too. It's only 5 characters, but i do love what they've done with it so far.

On characters: Mario i'm ok with, he has a good dose of damage dealing now, but i'm not sure on all his launchers yet. Link i'm perfectly fine with, and love that he's finally been given a proper buff up. His running A now has a lot more impact to it. Megaman will take the most getting used to i think, he just plays to zone you out then goes in for the kill after you can't do much more. Villager is fun, that forward A smash attack is pretty ridiculous. As for pikachu, still a character i'm not too fond off playing. He's not bad, i just don't like some of his mechanics, don't match my playstyle at all.

It's worth noting that the game pushes the 3DS hardware to such a limit that you can't actually suspend play and use things like Miiverse or the Internet Browser unless you use a New 3DS system and exiting the software actually causes the 3DS to reboot.

Nintendo really pushed as much into the game as they could. Shame they had to reduce Ice Climbers a trophy though. This is how I feel about that.

I honestly don't think Smash Bros is suitable for a handheld. The 3DS is awkward enough to hold as it is, but trying to play a fighting game on it is tough.

Yea I too received the e-mail with several codes; used one for myself, gave two out to friends and gave the last on out on twitter.

It was insane the amount of people 'demanded' that I give them one; but amusingly 90% of them were from America so the code wouldn't have worked anyway.

@MaxonTriek the game is actually pretty good on the handheld; though does take some getting used to

btw the demo (well restrictive version at least) is now available to download from the Nintendo eShop

Back