Summer 2009 Season

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
And gods above does it all look crap.
summer2009c.jpg

Well at least i'll be getting round to watching some of my backlog of DVD's

Spice and Yiff II? Nice.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 looks decent, that's about it. More time for anime on DVD and games for me.

hopeful_monster said:
And gods above does it all look crap.
summer2009c.jpg

Well at least i'll be getting round to watching some of my backlog of DVD's

:evil: Sayonara setsobo sensei is amazing I recommend you watch the first two seasons

I've read a little of Aoi Hana ('Sweet Blue Flowers'), wasn't really that memorable. The blurb above is double the vague too, the only words you really need to take note of being 'Hourou Musuko' because it's better.

Lupus said:
I never said that. Pretty sure Funi picked it up, so I'll watch it then, the manga was decent.
I think Ryo's referring to the original post.

I never finished the original Spice and Wolf but will buy Funimation's DVD release later this year, so I won't be watching the sequel until then. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is a Bones production and should therefore be at least decent. Canaan sounds potentially interesting and I've always meant to have a look at Sayonara Zetsobo Sensei. The rest of it? Huh, I don't even know to say any more.

Lupus said:
Spice and Yiff II? Nice.
Now, now. If it's only ears and a tail, I don't see why everyone has to classify it as belonging to such a genre.

This lineup could be worse. If only GA:Geijutsuka featured a main character who had lost their parents, we'd have three in a row!

Tokyo and Cobra look decent. I like Sayonara but I think I'm about done with the franchise after a series and a half of seeing it. Might check out the manga, though.

just for a quick bump up

Bakemonogatari has character designs by Poyoyon Rock, so Get Inn... (Rui)
but how the plot fairs up is a different thing.

just like Lupus mention, i saw some fandubs on youtube, but i'll wait now to see FUNi's version

everything else looks no more then a carbon copy job to me. "GA Art Design Class" feels like Sketchbook Full Colours 2009

Didn't we have a thread about this before?

When DVDs materialise I'm in for Zetsubou-sensei, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Umineko and possibly Aoi Hana depending on whether or not it's the type of GL I like or not.

Also Spice and Wolf II if I like the first one, which I probably will. Same for Hetalia.

Pretty good spread really compared to some seasons, in my opinion!

R

Love Spice and Wolf, and love the Bakemonogatari light novels, but I'm mostly looking forward to having more time to catch up on series from this season and fewer series tempting me to spend money on them. ^_^

So, yeah, I'm finally getting around to looking at these shows a bit more to see what interests me, and there're more than I first thought. If I was to divide them into two sections it would be:

Definitely/probably going to check out:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Taishou Yakyuu Musume
Bakemonogatari
CANAAN
Spice & Wolf II
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Might check out:

Umi Monogatari
NEEDLESS
Kanamemo
GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class
Sora no Manimani
Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! >_>

Anyone got any definitely watch this/definitely don't watch this opinions on these shows yet?

You should definetly watch Umineko no Naku Koro ni :p that's the only definite one i've got so far, i do plan on starting Canaan soon though

I am watching nearly all the season, my faves are probably CANAAN, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Aoi Hana and Bakemonogatari.
Oh Kanamemo is cute for the yuri parts too♥

Back