Street Fighter IV!!!!!!!!

Aw, wow! Thanks for this! (And cheers for pointing me to 'GameTrailers.com'.. nice site :) ) I like the way they seem to be hinting at a more 'martial arts' type fighter with all those sounds of "material flapping" and "hefty punches".

With such a great looking trailer though, I hope they remember the gameplay...

Well, back to Marvel Vs Capcom 2.... where I tend to use Ryu and Wolverine in the same team :D

OH SHI-- Yeah, heard about it a few hours ago, wanted to see the trailer, thanks dawg.

Suprised there's no... Street Fighter II Hyper Turbo Super Combo Edition, but an actual SF:IV.

OMG !!! The animation/graphics whatever are stunning, Even if they are seriously touched up for a trailer. My gawdness it looks hawt.

I'm so getting this. . .Then the re-releases, obv.

Ninja Boy! said:
Streetfighter IV trailer = Instant Win
We don't even know what it plays like yet. lol. It could be terrible, but I doubt it knowing Capcom, it could be unbalanced though, then comes the 6 years of updated games... Like Guilty Gear XX. >_>

Wow, i can't believe it :eek: Its been about 10 years since the last proper SF game (spin-offs or upgrades like third strike not-withstanding).Trailer looks good just hope the gameplay matches it. Still a 3d Street Fighter game made by Capcom just feels weird :?

OH MY GOD and WOW that trailer just made my mouth drop open, its been soooooo long since we had an original Street Fighter gane and its about time it was brought up to date.

I will be awaiting this release

Holy Mother that looks to be freaking awsome. I had heard about it, but it'd just slipped my mind! Thanks for the refresh ^_^

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to change my pants....

Yup, read about this but not too excited to be perfectly honest. I do love my Street Fighters, but now the franchise has so many contenders in the 2D and 3D beat'em sectors. I am looking forward to this, but I'm also looking forward to the next Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Dead or Alive etc.

Street Fighter bores me, played SFI and II and to be perfectly honest I think its terrible, character balancing being the main issue. The fat sumo can just bash B to win, the lanky dude can just kick to win.etc Now a good fighting game is Soul Calibur and DoA, I would say tekken but I forgot all of yoshimitsu's moves ;)

Roadie said:
Street Fighter bores me, played SFI and II and to be perfectly honest I think its terrible, character balancing being the main issue. The fat sumo can just bash B to win, the lanky dude can just kick to win.etc Now a good fighting game is Soul Calibur and DoA, I would say tekken but I forgot all of yoshimitsu's moves ;)

Actually the character balance is nearly as good as it gets in my opinion. The old SF games stick with the tradition of having characters that are good against some, and bad against others. When I play Street Fighter II on XBLA, players always wait for me to pick a character first so they can pick someone who best counters my attacks. Sure E. Honda can just bash B for his rapid punch, but who gives a **** about that if you're doing a Hadoken or using Bison's dive attack which cancels it? It's all about knowing which characters works best against your opponent, however that may change in this new Street Fighter.

Actually the character balance is nearly as good as it gets in my opinion. The old SF games stick with the tradition of having characters that are good against some, and bad against others. When I play Street Fighter II on XBLA, players always wait for me to pick a character first so they can pick someone who best counters my attacks. Sure E. Honda can just bash B for his rapid punch, but who gives a **** about that if you're doing a Hadoken or using Bison's dive attack which cancels it? It's all about knowing which characters works best against your opponent, however that may change in this new Street Fighter.

Thats what some people may look for in a fighting game, but I don't. I want a game where the characters are equal, say DoA I use Ayane with fast moves and the british kid, whatever his name is again, the different styles don't counter each other making each character equal in the game. As you said if I played on DoA, chose my character and then the other dude chose a character that countered me, that'd give him a huge advantage and tbh that'd suck. Fighters should have characters that are different, but not so that one can kick the crap out of the other, this isn't Pokemon with water > fire.

wow!
May seem a stupid question but because of the fact it's IV does that mean that even less characters from II will be present as i know III only had a couple.
Wouldn't mind it in 3D personally as long as the graphics where top notch in a style like Tekken or DOA and retained the elements of the 2D models. I know a lot of people would think it blashemous to move in that direction but 3d or 2d i don't mind.

Anyone else seen the Street Figher II: The later years?
******* hillarious

Lupus Inu said:
Ninja Boy! said:
Streetfighter IV trailer = Instant Win
We don't even know what it plays like yet. lol. It could be terrible, but I doubt it knowing Capcom, it could be unbalanced though, then comes the 6 years of updated games... Like Guilty Gear XX. >_>

i know. it's just that announcement and the awsome teaser trailer that won me over, despite actual game info being released. lol.

Roadie said:

Thats what some people may look for in a fighting game, but I don't. I want a game where the characters are equal, say DoA I use Ayane with fast moves and the british kid, whatever his name is again, the different styles don't counter each other making each character equal in the game. As you said if I played on DoA, chose my character and then the other dude chose a character that countered me, that'd give him a huge advantage and tbh that'd suck. Fighters should have characters that are different, but not so that one can kick the crap out of the other, this isn't Pokemon with water > fire.

I know what you mean but that doesn't mean the game's characters aren't balanced. It simply means that Street Fighter's mechanics don't suit your gaming style, and that's why there are dozens of other choices to pick from in the beat'em up genre. DoA is the example you provided which is another of my favourite beat'em ups, and Ayane is my favourite character in the game. Sure, each DoA character has a pretty equal chance against each other during battles, but isn't it nice to have a choice in the genre so every fighting game in the world won't try and be the same? :]

Roadie said:
The character balancing's fine if you know what you're doing. If you just mash the pad with E.Honda then you may beat the computer, but do that against someone who's played the game a little and it'll be more of a struggle for you.

In comparison, you can win in Tekken by doing continuous low kicks. I love Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur but they're kind of button bashers as well imo...

Ushio said:
In comparison, you can win in Tekken by doing continuous low kicks. I love Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur but they're kind of button bashers as well imo...

I would agreee with that, there has been numrous times where my friend has just mashed the pad to the point of breaking, while playing as either Nightmare or Astaroth, in order to win. Thank god for sidesteping :roll: As for character balancing, i thought that they were balanced, its possible for a good player to beat anyone else using any character (let's leave Dan out of this shall we?). I used to use Dhalsim a lot thanks to his long range kicks but that only let me beat the first few computer opponents, anyone else would easily stop me.

but isn't it nice to have a choice in the genre so every fighting game in the world won't try and be the same? :]

I do agree, but even so I can't bring myself to accept SFII, end of my part of the discussion, now I'm gonna run to GAME and grab Eternal sonata!

Back