Stop saying chav says these people!

Gacha

Stand User
People should stop using the word chav, a left-wing think tank has suggested.

The widely-used term is, according to the dictionaries, derogatory slang for a young person of low social status, often wearing designer sportswear.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7509968.stm

Lol i know this is ******** but i don't think your going to get people to stop saying it anytime soon(ps. voiceless my **** they raise there voices when the gyro is in threatened.)

Complete B.S

'Deeply offensive' erm yeah like them ganging up on you and beating you to a bloody pulp because you "looked at us the wrong way" isn't offensive,

Yet another ****** up tabloid story showing how pitifully P.C our government is.

Next they'll be saying "you can't call people living in england 'english' as we are a multicultured country and it might offend someone"

I say lets have another guy fawkes :thumb: blow the stupid bastards up and live life according to the queens judgement :thumb:

Tachi- said:
Complete B.S

I say lets have another guy fawkes :thumb: blow the stupid bastards up and live life according to the queens judgement :thumb:

I second this comment!
It's not as though they don't deserve it... but I think I'll stick with "Scally" ^^.

Deidara said:
Tachi- said:
Complete B.S

I second this comment!
It's not as though they don't deserve it... but I think I'll stick with "Scally" ^^.

V for Vendetta begins \o/

Tachi- said:

I don't want to live according to anyone elses judgement thank you.
State opening of Parliament was Guy Fawkes' target, so he could get the King too :thumb:

(hopes AUKN doesn't become target of Government surveillance)

ayase said:
Tachi- said:

State opening of Parliament was Guy Fawkes' target, so he could get the King too :thumb:

*cough*googlebot*cough*

ayase said:
Good, now we can go back to calling them what we did before - yobs.
Absolutely! Yobs, chavs, scallies, neds (my personal fave...Non-Educated Delinquent)...call them what you want, they're still a menace.

One of the main reasons why there are so many jobless thugs sponging of the taxpayer and commiting crime is the government's policies so they're hardly the appropriate agent to be saying "go easy on them."

The class divide argument is BS too - if they can afford to drink, smoke and wear designer sportswear they are clearly better off financially than I am.

Ryo Chan said:
ayase said:
Tachi- said:

*cough*googlebot*cough*
Someone called me?

It seems as though the people in this thread are forgetting the fact that these people are a "think tank" and have probably put a lot more thought and reason into their declaration than anyone else has. Sure, it sounds ridiculous, but it's not like it's 'obviously' ludicrous or whatever, there must be some kind of logic to it.

CitizenGeek said:
It seems as though the people in this thread are forgetting the fact that these people are a "think tank" and have probably put a lot more thought and reason into their declaration than anyone else has. Sure, it sounds ridiculous, but it's not like it's 'obviously' ludicrous or whatever, there must be some kind of logic to it.

They sure havent made thier reason too clear though. And as McIcy pointed out, they are obviously running out of things to defend.

Spyro201 said:
They sure havent made thier reason too clear though.

There's obviously some reason there, though.

And as McIcy pointed out, they are obviously running out of things to defend.

I don't get this hostility towards the so-called "PC Brigade". Those who value stopping insulting language and behaviour have really played quite a pivotal role in bringing society to where we are now; namely, that it's no longer 'okay' to insult black people, women, gays etc. It must be so easy for straight, white, men to sit in their comfortable majority and complain about how awful it is that they can't insult and degrade vulnerable minorities, huh?

By the same token, they are still human beings and therefore still as prone as anyone to making errors in judgement - the fact that they're a 'think tank' merely suggests that they are paid to 1. state the bleeding obvious or 2. state opinions that are just as flawed as the rest of us but somehow the status of 'think tank' implies that they are a higher form of life.

It's the death of common sense that worries me - that's the problem I have with the PC Brigade. Any logic is usually lost in a convoluted maze of red tape and committee meetings in which nobody has a grasp of what's really going on - this report is probably the result of that sort of situation.

Interesting read, but i still think the use of 'chav' is fair. I mean no matter what you think, there are people out there that match the description. Personally though i always use Ned, since its what we use up here in Scotland instead, and it works far better than chav i think.

CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:
They sure havent made thier reason too clear though.

There's obviously some reason there, though.

And as McIcy pointed out, they are obviously running out of things to defend.

I don't get this hostility towards the so-called "PC Brigade". Those who value stopping insulting language and behaviour have really played quite a pivotal role in bringing society to where we are now; namely, that it's no longer 'okay' to insult black people, women, gays etc. It must be so easy for straight, white, men to sit in their comfortable majority and complain about how awful it is that they can't insult and degrade vulnerable minorities, huh?

'Obviously some reason there' ?? I like to get REAL answers off these people.

And the "PC-Brigade" is hated because, its way OTT. Lets face it, only a minorty GENUINLY hate gays/blacks and are THAT sexist. Its just gays/blacks have taken great offense to things that arent really that insulting, and alot of women are taking things that are probably meant as jokes in alot of cases FAR too seriously.

Im gonna say this to make it nice n clear CG, as because I mentioned 'gays' above in what could be conisdered a negative manner, im probably homophobic, im not saying ALL gays are like that, im saying that a minority take it too seriously, its just a loud minority.

Back