Stitch! Starts tomorrow on Disney Cinemagic.

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
I have no idea if anyone cares or whatever, but I was browsing the EPG (as I do) and noticed "Stitch!" was there, I figured it was the DVD Movie but then I checked the description and it says:

Stitch now has his own series! Having escaped from Jumba's lab after stealing his jet scooter, Stitch makes an emergency landing, finding himself on a Japanese island, and makes a new friend, Yuna.

I never even realised the series got dubbed, so I'm super eager to see how Disney/Madhouse done this. More Stitch is always awesome. <3

Yes, because the original is set in Japan and is called "Stitch!". :/ The TV series ended a while back, with the film "Leroy and Stitch" as well.

it has been on before I think I saw it about 1-2 weeks ago
I didn't post because I didn't think nobody wanted to watch (plus no lilo and no Hawaii) I don't have cinemagic but I would have wanted to check it out

Since some of this stuff interests me, it might interest you

Ultimate Muscle starts today (if you don't know)
Batman Of The Future starts today on Kix
Generator Rex starting next Mon on CN

no dates for these

Bakugan Gundalian Invaders on CN
Pokemon (i think it's from the start) on POP
Earthworm Jim on Kix
Godzilla (japan animated) on Kix (it got took off wiki so I don't know if it's coming on)
Power Rangers from the start on Disney XD (''coming soon'' list came off wiki)
Digimon from start on XD ( '' '' )
Street Sharks on Kix

PartiallyMetalAlchemist said:
I didn't post because I didn't think nobody wanted to watch (plus no lilo and no Hawaii) I don't have cinemagic but I would have wanted to check it out

no dates for these

Earthworm Jim on Kix
Godzilla (japan animated) on Kix (it got took off wiki so I don't know if it's coming on)
Street Sharks on Kix

wait, they're reshowing original digimon?

SCORE!

(if we're talking cartoons...)

I recorded one of the Batman Beyond/of the Future episodes earlier, but they seemingly showed about three different episodes over the course of the day, so I have no idea if I have the first episode or what.

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes premiered today, as well as Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. Avengers is okay, this week is all introduction eps and the actual show begins next week. Scooby Doo was bloody brilliant though -- I love the reboot, the characters felt... real for once. I'm most certainly excited to see where that goes.

And its been on before? Damn.

ilmaestro said:
Is he really that awesome a mascot character?
Yes.

He's like Mickey Mouse. If Mickey Mouse had kid-friendly homicidal tendencies (and was more adorable). Not to mention he's quite a big deal at the theme parks -- the Stitch/Mickey thing is all over them.

I mean, you throw out "he's like Mickey Mouse", but that's a huge thing! Is he really positioned by Disney as a "modern" Mickey, a successor type thing?

On one hand, it's new anime (that's not had a US release!) on the other it's not BATMAN OF THE motherfliping FUTURE AND ULTIMATE MUSCLE HERE TODAY TO AWESOME MY FACE INTO OBLIVION so...

He is, its really quite spectacular. In terms of merchandising, appearances and everything, he's the new Mickey. From a design standpoint, he's the same as Mickey (I went through quite a phase with that) and personality-wise, he's the antithesis of him. He does, however, want to be loved and I guess that message connects with kids (and Disney) now-a-days. It seemed to be a fairly organic thing though. There was never a time when Disney needed a character to come in and be "hip" - it just happened.

PartiallyMetalAlchemist said:

no dates for these

Earthworm Jim on Kix
Street Sharks on Kix
No... friggen'.... way!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jayme said:
He is, its really quite spectacular. In terms of merchandising, appearances and everything, he's the new Mickey. From a design standpoint, he's the same as Mickey (I went through quite a phase with that) and personality-wise, he's the antithesis of him. He does, however, want to be loved and I guess that message connects with kids (and Disney) now-a-days. It seemed to be a fairly organic thing though. There was never a time when Disney needed a character to come in and be "hip" - it just happened.

Stitch is miles and I mean miles off of being anywhere near as cute and well designed as Mickey.

Not that I'm the biggest Disney fan or anything, I just always thought stitch was a bit ugly, and they bashed out so many seemingly identical and cheap straight to DVD films with him, I just assumed he was a bit of a flop.

Have you been to any of the theme parks? I'm getting most of my knowledge from my experience with them, and Stitch is definitely a frontrunner when it comes to everything there. He's on the maps, all over the stores, in the parades and even has a few rides (depending on the park). They have even begun introducing his "girl" version, experiment 624.

Character-wise, Mickey has evolved over the years and all I meant by that was, on a basic level, they are pretty similar -- both having distinctive features and overall designs (both their ears are prominent in stuff, both fine for silhouettes). There's not much really to this argument, I just found myself thinking about it a lot when I was visiting one of the parks.

Re: the quality of the stuff, the first film was brilliant, Stitch has a Glitch less so, "Stitch! The Movie" was okay and Leroy and Stitch was a fitting ending to the TV series, which was also acceptable. None of the stories resonated as strongly as the first, but they never really tarnished what that world or those characters stood for. They all were fun, heartfelt and watchable. IMO, of course. Objectively, though, he's so not a flop. Home On The Range is what you would call a flop. :p

Why did you think he was a flop if you knew they kept on making movies with him in?! :confusedface:

Forum needs more (and better) smilies, btw.

Back