Stills of Katsuhiro Otomo's live action Mushishi movie

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
French movie website CinEmpire.com have posted up 13 stills of Katsuhiro (Akira, Steamboy) Otomo's upcoming live action movie Mushishi (Bug Master).

Yuki Urushibara's acclaimed Mushishi manga (an odd mix of rural landscapes, supernatural bugs and human drama) has already spawned an award winning anime TV series (of same name, yet to be released outside of Japan, aired during 2005/06) and anticipation will be high that one of Japan's most renowned directors in Otomo can maintain Mushishi's standards with the live action movie.

Can't wait to see this; I'm a massive Mushishi fan and am looking forward to seeing how Otomo will handle the material.

One of my favourite series but I dont have any hope for this live action unfortunatly, Ginko doesnt have his trademark smoking stick! Plus he doesnt have the calm relaxed look that Ginko had, its all out of place.

It seems to capture the look and feel of the human characters and the environment - a serious concern for me when I first heard about it. No sign of the mushi themselves yet though, which I'm assuming to mean that the CGI isn't ready for public view yet. I noticed Ginko's missing his trusty smoking stick as well but the actor is a very good likeness.

Overall these pics are encouraging - since the series is one of the best of recent months (years?) and I trust Otomo's skills as a director I'm really looking forward to it. Now could someone please licence the anime...

You might already know… But Del Rey have just announced that they'll be publishing the MUSHISHI manga, on "high-quality paper" with "French flaps"… Which probably means that it will be even more expensive than their normal manga.

Can't believe they're making a film of this! I reckon whether its good or not boils down to how well they capture the feel (here's hoping the mushishi look okay). Should be interesting anyway.

Whats with the missing smoking stick anyway? Did Otomo regard it as a bad influence or something? I seriously doubt it. :lol:

Wildcard said:
Whats with the missing smoking stick anyway? Did Otomo regard it as a bad influence or something? I seriously doubt it. :lol:
Its not Politically Correct :roll:

The Mushi should look awesome with todays CG.

10,000th Post :D.

Xelis said:
Wildcard said:
Its not Politically Correct :roll:

The Mushi should look awesome with todays CG.

10,000th Post :D.

Congrats on 10,000 get.

I am 10,001 get - so YAY!

10,002 get doesn't exist. So please, stay at home.

Back