Star Wars Blu-rays

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Just thought I'd start a discussion topic here, who's buying, who's not.

There's been a few alleged changes made which have yet again set the internet on fire *eyeroll*

Here's the links:

Vader NO in ROTJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMRfAIynh4

Wicket blinks
(can't find a clip atm)

New Krayt Dragon call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw

Now there's only been one person "confirming" these, through a "trusted anonymous source" but frankly I'll believe it when I see it, and even if they're real, I don't think they're too bad. I suspect it's just a troll having fun with the fanxiety pre-release.

Either way, I'll be picking up on the first day of release =)

I had it in my Tesco basket yesterday but decided against it. With my staff discount and the coupon it came to £51.

I'm not a diehard fan so these changes that are being talked about would not bother me in the slightest. I assume it'll drop in price before too long.

edit: £47.31 now with another £5 coupon. Tempting.

With the prequels, George Lucas proved that by himself he's not a particularly good story writer and an absolutely abysmal dialogue writer. They're like bad fan fiction, but bad fan fiction which is canon. And it's damn lucky they didn't ruin the entire franchise. But the edits to the original trilogy (especially that f*cking Christensen in RotJ) sure do a good job of ruining them in the only version Lucas is willing to make available. Will not be buying.

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XGSUDZa8o4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XGSUDZa8o4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go and play KotOR... Ah, much better.

Hmm, I swear this was discussed before, maybe it was in a more general thread. Either way, I am buying the big "everything" boxset, I think.

ilmaestro said:
Hmm, I swear this was discussed before, maybe it was in a more general thread. Either way, I am buying the big "everything" boxset, I think.

I believe it was briefly touched upon, yes. But I thought it'd be nice for a centralised one if anyone was interested =)

I'm quite keen to see digi-Yoda in episode I. I always thought the Episode I puppet looked terrible, too much like a plastic muppet.

I think the scenes I'm most looking forward to being HD-ified are the openings to Ep III and IV. Both brilliant scenes with an immense sense of scale.

Finished watching the movies today, was going 1 movie a day though.

It's seriously not as bad as people are saying, it's like not you'd be watching and the rock they digitally placed in front of R2 will ruin the whole experience, or when Yoda is replaced digitally for a moment in Empire, I didn't even notice it.

And when you watch Return of the Jedi, the big "No.... NOOOOO!" moment, watch the whole movie, it really fits in and makes it more emotional.

It'd be nice to see the original trilogy as they were first seen, I don't see why they didn't include the DVD versions on one of the bluray discs in standard definition though. I hear the original film is too dirty now, it would look horrible in HD and they said they can't clean it.

Though I kinda prefer the blu-ray edition now anyway, the only thing I really hate is including Hayden Christensen in Return of the Jedi, but apparently kids didn't get that Sebastian Shaw was meant to be Anakin Skywalker because he didn't look the same as when the mask came off.

Just be glad he didn't CGI over the original Yoda puppet...

While it's kinda stupid that Lucas keeps adding to the films, it doesn't really matter, they're his movies.

The Time Traveller said:
Finished watching the movies today, was going 1 movie a day though.

It's seriously not as bad as people are saying, it's like not you'd be watching and the rock they digitally placed in front of R2 will ruin the whole experience, or when Yoda is replaced digitally for a moment in Empire, I didn't even notice it.

And when you watch Return of the Jedi, the big "No.... NOOOOO!" moment, watch the whole movie, it really fits in and makes it more emotional.

It'd be nice to see the original trilogy as they were first seen, I don't see why they didn't include the DVD versions on one of the bluray discs in standard definition though. I hear the original film is too dirty now, it would look horrible in HD and they said they can't clean it.

Though I kinda prefer the blu-ray edition now anyway, the only thing I really hate is including Hayden Christensen in Return of the Jedi, but apparently kids didn't get that Sebastian Shaw was meant to be Anakin Skywalker because he didn't look the same as when the mask came off.

Just be glad he didn't CGI over the original Yoda puppet...

While it's kinda stupid that Lucas keeps adding to the films, it doesn't really matter, they're his movies.

Part of the problem people are having with these new changes is the inconsistency with them - with regards to the R2D2 scene with the rocks in A New Hope, the rocks disappear again during the same scene after R2D2 comes out of the hole. This kind of thing seems to be happening with many of the changes such as the craft the droids crash land on Tatootine in is now a different colour but then part way through the scene reverts back to the old colour again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... ay_edition

The above is the Wikipedia list of all changes done to the various versions including deleted scenes.

Note: while I am a big Star Wars fan I have yet to upgrade to the new blu-ray version. If I do decide to get it it will only be at a much lower price considering the way these films are continually being butchered.

I hear cows die after a certain amount of times, so the farmers have to buy new ones to milk. Guess Star Wars is an immortal cow or something. Just wait until The Phantom Menace is re-released in 3D next year...then the rest follow 9.9.

I'm not a massive Star Wars fan (I've seen the prequel trilogy, but not the original...don't throw rocks at me, I'm young! xD), but I know my uncle is. I'll have to ask his opinion next time I see him.

Joshawott said:
I hear cows die after a certain amount of times, so the farmers have to buy new ones to milk. Guess Star Wars is an immortal cow or something. Just wait until The Phantom Menace is re-released in 3D next year...then the rest follow 9.9.

I'm not a massive Star Wars fan (I've seen the prequel trilogy, but not the original...don't throw rocks at me, I'm young! xD), but I know my uncle is. I'll have to ask his opinion next time I see him.

I like the prequels and don't have a problem with the changes. But for having only seen the prequels and not the originals I MAY have to slap you. Nobody's THAT young :p

Back