Sony says no to PS3 pre-owned games

Sony wants more money and their plans for world domination continues! Apparently, we won't be able to buy second hand PS3 games/consoles or sell them because it 'belongs' to Sony.

Full article here:

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060524153157765035&sectionId=1006

Most of my 140 PS2 games are second hand and I'm not very happy with this news if it's true. Sony will only alienate themselves further by shunning the second hand market.
What is your thoughts on this revelation? It looks like Sony is more $$$$$$$$$ony.
________
Chevrolet Camaro Specifications

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What're people gonna do with their games when they don't want them anymore? return them to Sony? :lol:

BWAHAHAHAH!!! :lol:

Sorry, had to let it out. The fact is that this combined with the exorbitant price tag, the fact that Xbox 360 has already beaten them to the market and the lack of anything really significant titles that won't get ported eventually (the only ones I can think this would apply to might be the Final Fantasy series, and possible the Resident Evil series) don't put all that great an emphasis on success here. It's almost as if they're trying to sink the console.

But man, corporate power in the realms of copyright, patenting and licencse has reached a stupid level if it's gotten to that extent (although personally, I believe that they'd have a hard time implementing it, at least in any truly enforceable way). Nobody benefits from such a system, not even Sony, though they think it would.

F&%$ Sony! how idiotic. "I don't want my PS3 anymore... maybe I'll... damn can't do anything with it, oh well, collecting dust it does."

What idiots, but at least Nintendo is one step closer to winning this war. >_>

This is the biggest load of ******** I've ever heard, and I haven't even read the article yet!

I hope console gaming doesn't go the way of Computer software (you don't own the software, you just pay for a file that says you can use it).

If it does, I may just have to send some cremated human bones to sony.

What a load of crap that is. I mean what are Sony trying to do, make us buy their competitors consoles. If the becomes a reality i will definetly reconsider buying the PS3. The bigger problem is that this could become a trend accross the board for future consoles. Lets hope not.

So not only will gamers have to fork out massive amounts for the machine, they will be put off buying games by the hefty asking prices.

Personally, I dont go in for the pre-owned market and I like to keep my old games, but they really are shooting themselves in the foot by driving people away

Ryo Chan said:
ur all saying sony this and sony that

what about stores like game and gamestation who's main income is pre owned games?

Thats a good point, it's extremly bad news for them.

true..this is kinda stupid by sony..its affecting many customers who tend to buy pre-owned games, and also the likes of gamestation who have a large section of there stock as pre-owned games.

I heard this before somewhere and I hope they'll change their minds and realise how stupid it is. I buy most of my games pre-owned, I'll only really pay RRP for a game I really want.

If they don't, however, I may have to turn to the darkside for my next-gen console and end my loyalty to Sony...

I still wouldn't put it past Sony - there is always a grain of truth somewhere among the lies. :wink: Look what they did with the PSP, trying to ban all importers from buying one before releasing it to the UK - even resorting to eBay!
I just hope the PS3 turns out well for us all. :D
________
Scientology Dicussion

neptune2venus said:
I still wouldn't put it past Sony - there is always a grain of truth somewhere among the lies. :wink: Look what they did with the PSP, trying to ban all importers from buying one before releasing it to the UK - even resorting to eBay!
I just hope the PS3 turns out well for us all. :D

If they dont want people importing it release it worldwide straight off instead of giving it to us 2 or 3 months down the line.

Still think that the price point is way too high. They're trying to use PS3 to shift Blue-Ray at the same time, and I'm really doubtful it's going to work like that at all.

At least there's some common sense in Sony with regards to the marketing of their software though.

Back