Something I noticed about high school set anime

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
The main character (or one of them at least) ALWAYS gets a seat on the left most side of the classroom by the window, with the sole purpose of being able to rest there chin on their hand and stare out the window meaningfully.

Anyone else noticed that? It's kind of funn really. Haruhi Suzumiya, Light Yagami in Death Note, Rei in the Rebuild of Eva movies (icr the series too well) seems like one of the main characters is always sat there.

And I've always been the bugger who has to sit at the front, to the right, due to a medial condition.

The complete opposite xD

yeah i noticed that what gives
its like every single characters is day dreaming in that seat

and have you noticed every time something magical or something strange happens to the main character or he or she has a special ability, the parents are working over seas or are dead.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Joshawott said:
And I've always been the bugger who has to sit at the front, to the right, due to a medial condition.

The complete opposite xD

Hearing or eyesight? or are you not an ambiturner? =P
Ocular Motor Apraxia. Basically, my eyes send the wrong message to my brain.

Also, how come main characters always eat lunch on the roof? I was never allowed on the roof of my school!

well you know how most animes follows the same formula
eating on the roof
sitting near the window looking out
main characters parents are working over seas or there dead
ect ect
maybe the creators dont look at foreign stuff and they just keep it like the japanese sees things in japan.
like e.g. on british tv we have
youth drinking
delinquent kids with no manner
you what im saying
its depending on the country

I've also noticed that when they are looking out the window, the teacher always interrupts them from day dreaming. Im sure other people day dream in class. Maybe the teacher never likes the students that sit near the window

sanji no 1 said:
I've also noticed that when they are looking out the window, the teacher always interrupts them from day dreaming. Im sure other people day dream in class. Maybe the teacher never likes the students that sit near the window

Mmm. Also in Death Note Light's seating position is the sole reason for his seeing the Death Note and becoming the main character. So by extention it's possibly the first death by convenient seating

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be quite an amusing nod to this genre convention to see a character actually get moved away from the window and have to sit up the front due to their constant daydreaming, as would happen IRL.

ayase said:
It would be quite an amusing nod to this genre convention to see a character actually get moved away from the window and have to sit up the front due to their constant daydreaming, as would happen IRL.

This must happen now.

This is an interesting one, seating positions in school always were a big thing, so I wonder who first "invented" this trope and why.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
or are you not an ambiturner? =P
I lolled at this.

Back