So with these Anime Legends releases...

Lupus

Baka Ranger
Is there any issues with any of them? Beez releases are often known to be plagued with a few errors once in a while and I'm just curious as I was a past victim myself with Eureka Seven and it stopped me buying the series entirely, so now if I buy the Anime Legends release are these errors fixed or still around? Same applies for anything else with any additional problems too.

If was an authoring error it should be fixed, you can't change episodes per disk without new masters.
If it was with the subs causing video faults that's different (I think they still remain). That was also a problem probelm, I think?(why it's also on the US ones not just UK)

Playing them on a better player will fix most things, you generaly only get problems if it's a bad player and a bad disk.

I don't really know what the past problems with Eureka Seven were, but I can say on a couple of occasions during the discs I watched on Part One, that subtitle text was slightly longer than the screen and was cut off. At most this happened perhaps 3 times, it almost seemed like they forgot to press the return key to go to the next line. There have been more than a few typo errors too. I imagine they're the same as the single disc collections, but have never watched them before so cannot confirm.

The only slightly disappointing flaw I've found so far was with Gundam SEED part one. There's a couple of points in episode 21 where the audio track goes a bit wobbly and the dub makes it sound like the actors all took a big gulp of helium.

I think I mentioned that here before? D'uh...

It seems to be that the only faults with the Anime Legends sets are those that were already on the original releases. If they had a bug, then the new sets will as well.

That's disappointing. There's a clear opportunity for those things to be fixed, and it's been missed. Boo.

They usually fix authoring issues pretty quickly. Beez are quite good at replacing duff discs. They'd be mad to release something knowing its got issues.

It's the sped-up audio in Gundam SEED that grates with me - it really spoils an episode with lots of re-watchability factor.

Then again, I'd guess that was a fault with the source material. I wonder if the same thing happens with the Japanese language track...

Wolf's Rain Anime Legends Episode 25 & 26 Missing

I recently purchased the Wolf's Rain Anime Legends and i got to DVD six and it finished at episode 24 but when i started watching the final DVD it listed episode 27 to 30 i'm i the only person who only had this problem because i'm quite dissapointed that could not watch this series without episodes missing i'm gutted :(

Re: Wolf's Rain Anime Legends Episode 25 & 26 Missing

laura_goold said:
I recently purchased the Wolf's Rain Anime Legends and i got to DVD six and it finished at episode 24 but when i started watching the final DVD it listed episode 27 to 30 i'm i the only person who only had this problem because i'm quite dissapointed that could not watch this series without episodes missing i'm gutted :(

Ouch that is bad. I haven't received my copy yet to confirm if that affect all copy or just yours. Best either send a message on the forum to: beez_andrew who represent BEEZ or ask on BEEZ twitter account Link here

Dave said:
laura_goold said:

Ouch that is bad. I haven't received my copy yet to confirm if that affect all copy or just yours. Best either send a message on the forum to: beez_andrew who represent BEEZ or ask on BEEZ twitter account Link here

technically speaking though, aren 27-30 the OAV not the series

laura_goold said:

I just checked mine (as I haven't had time to watch it yet, currently going through the Second Part of Eureka Seven.) and they seem to be on mine. You had me panicking!

Have you tried accessing them via the episodes menu (the first 3 episodes on the disc are on a page, and there is an arrow on the bottom next to the main menu button to scroll to the final two episodes on the disc)? Are the episodes actually listed there and selectable? What does it say if you select them? Or have you tried playing all the episodes and hitting skip chapter until you hit episode 25?

It seems like a strange bug. I'd either take them back to the store you purchased them from to get a replacement or try contacting Beez, or even Andrew on this very forum.

Yeah, there's an arrow next to the Menu button. It's not very well designed, to be perfectly honest, especially since that's the only disc on which the episodes are spread over two pages.

I checked this earlier, as my Wolf's Rain box arrived a while back and I hadn't got around to watching it yet.

Wow. That's some spectacularly ill-judged design. I can see how people are getting in a panic about those two episodes being 'missing'. But don't worry folks - the episodes are there.

I'm diggin' these AL box sets a LOT. But there are some annoying glitches that spoil the fun.

Anyone else notice the annoying way the Gundam SEED DVD's automatically default to subtitled songs and outros after every episode? Even AFTER you select 'no subtitles'.

Back