So Whats The Deal With The UK DVD Releases Of Adventure Time

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
And Regular Show......both came out on DVD in the UK recently but they have issues. First off there is no BD release of them and they have those in the US and Austrailia, next up from what I've heard the episodes are edited though how cut they are I don't know, next up there are no extras from the US releases at all. And worst of all while season 1 of Adventure Time has all the episodes, the season 2 set is missing 4 episodes (It Came From The Nightosphere, Death In Bloom, Mortal Folly and Mortal Recoil). While the UK season 1 DVD set of Regular Show is missing 1 episode (Mordecai And The Rigbys).

It really dissapoints me that these shows get such shoddy treatment over here but what bugs me is why is the season 2 AT set missing episodes

Re: So Whats The Deal With The UK DVD Releases Of Adventure

If I remember correctly, the BBFC originally gave the release a "12" certificate, which Cartoon Network didn't want. So in order to achieve a lower rating, some scenes had to be cut.

I'm not sure about the other issues though.

Joshawott said:
If I remember correctly, the BBFC originally gave the release a "12" certificate, which Cartoon Network didn't want. So in order to achieve a lower rating, some scenes had to be cut.

So AT has to be cut down for a PG but something like WWE Slam City can get a 12 rating and remain uncut

Invisible Crane said:
Joshawott said:

So AT has to be cut down for a PG but something like WWE Slam City can get a 12 rating and remain uncut
Not quite sure what you're getting at there, the WWE DVD would have to be cut if they wanted a PG rating too. But presumably they didn't want a PG rating, so they didn't cut it.

It's just UK releases getting the shaft as per usual, due to the BBFC and various other reasons. Just import.

ayase said:
Invisible Crane said:
Joshawott said:

Not quite sure what you're getting at there, the WWE DVD would have to be cut if they wanted a PG rating too. But presumably they didn't want a PG rating, so they didn't cut it.

It's just UK releases getting the shaft as per usual, due to the BBFC and various other reasons. Just import.

I used Slam City as an example since that was meant for a kid audience as well but I guess that was a bad example.

One thing I forgot to ask, the Austrailian release which has both DVD and BD with all the content from the US release, I notice that is released over there by Madman. How is that possible considering AT is released pretty much everywhere by WB Home Video

Invisible Crane said:
Joshawott said:

Completely different certification boundaries and target audiences.

Back