So Monster Hunter Tri comes out tomorrow...

Lupus

Baka Ranger
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zw_Hqg0W_fE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zw_Hqg0W_fE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Who is getting it? I'm hopefully picking it up tomorrow, first time playing the series, I'm honestly looking forward to fighting dinosaurs man. If a few of us are getting it maybe we can team up?

I actually bought the Japanese version of this last summer (was less than half price two weeks after launch thanks to a closing down sale), but then another two weeks later my second Wii broke so I still haven't played it. ^^;

This will be, I can only imagine, an amazing game if it's your first time playing the series - they really seem to have gone to great lengths to make the most of it, despite it being on the Wii.

I should actually, finally, be getting a new Wii next week, but I don't know if different region games will be able to play together? Maybe.

Glad to see people picking up the new installment of Monster Hunter :)

I'm considering buying it, after having a look at it whilst at the expo last year; it looks good. Shame that they've taken out bows and gunlances, but fighting and gathering underwater worlds seems much more dynamic :)

Just got the Limited Edition version now, Wii Speak, Classic Controller Pro, the game itself and Lagiacrus and Rathalos mini figurines. I want to play it now but I promised myself to a friend that we would play Borderlands, now play the waiting game.

Lupus said:
Just got the Limited Edition version now, Wii Speak, Classic Controller Pro, the game itself and Lagiacrus and Rathalos mini figurines. I want to play it now but I promised myself to a friend that we would play Borderlands, now play the waiting game.

Game are selling this for £49.99 at the moment of typing this so hurry if you want a bargin! I've already placed my order but i don't know how the new friend system works in this game. When i get it i'll probably start a thread so we can all do some quests together.

http://www.game.co.uk/Wii/Action/Ad...ter-Tri-Limited-Edition-Ultimate-Hunter-Pack/

i_19394.jpg

I've invested thirty hours into this game already, not a moment wasted either, it's like... an MMO, but it's free and I can generally pick up the basics, easier and faster than usual. My HR is 9 at the moment. Online is great too.

Lupus said:
I've invested thirty hours into this game already, not a moment wasted either, it's like... an MMO, but it's free and I can generally pick up the basics, easier and faster than usual. My HR is 9 at the moment. Online is great too.

I'm still working my way through the quests, how do you go online?

Well I played for like five hours straight doing single player before going online. Not sure if there's a restriction but next time you load up your save and character it'll ask you whether you want to go to the town or city, city is online play, town is single player. Next time you're on MSN message me and we'll sort out an online session, I'll be able to boost you through the easy quests.

Lupus said:
Well I played for like five hours straight doing single player before going online. Not sure if there's a restriction but next time you load up your save and character it'll ask you whether you want to go to the town or city, city is online play, town is single player. Next time you're on MSN message me and we'll sort out an online session, I'll be able to boost you through the easy quests.

Spent hours playing it this evening, Single and Online and i'm really enjoying using the lance (strangely enough) and i never really liked it in MHFU..

Hit me up on msn, it should be on my profile if you want to do some quests.

I used the lance and hammer, I can't use either to save my life, I'll stick with my Dragon slayer. Also yeah, you better be on MSN tonight then, I'll help you with whatever.

Got a lot of admiration for a game that involves mythical behemoths and then requires you to slay such mythical behemoths. I don't know if I'd buy it yet but certainly I'd rent it and see.

Ok spent coutless hours playing this game with Lupus, if anyone wants to do a few quests feel free to send me a PM and i'll help boost you.

Erm, bump

Bought this on day one, sunk some time into it, was loving it but haven't been back to it as I just cannot beat the Qurupeco :(

It always calls in the Great Jaggi, which always helps it out, I've heard it can turn on the Qurupeco but I've never managed it.

I'm currently playing this....

killed a few of those birds with the red chest and a bugle for a beak.

anyone looking to team up on there?
i'll be online most nights (not thursday - sunday this week though)

btw... servers down tomorrow 7pm till 11pm

I got up to the level 5 quests and stopped playing, I should get back into it at some point. I'll help you if you want at some point, but it's gonna have to be in the recruiting servers. I thoroughly enjoyed my Shield and Sword run more so than being a Long Sword user.

EDIT: Oh and we can bring afoia too if he's got time.

Yeah i've been talking to him on the ps3 about it, he offered to help too. think he was abit busy lastnight though

any ideas how you add friends to your Wii? as it may make things easier.

and in all the previous games (except the first freedom) i've been a LS user :p just find them easier to use,

atm i'm on 1 star quests, i'm HR2 and after abit more on the village quests i'll probably ask for help killing the Royal Ludroth as it looks abit of a pain. (bugle bird kept summoning it in our fight lastnight)

shouldn't take too long to get my HR up, just keep farming the land for materials.

What've you slain lupus?

Most things besides the High Level monsters like Deviljho, Agnaktor, Caedus and Alatreon. The most fun I had is probably hunting Lagiacrus or Rathalos, even though Rathalos can be seriously irritating at times.

So would you say the Lagiacrus is easier than the Rathalos?

I've killed hundreds of rathalos, they've never been a problem until they get to gold and silver coloured. then it becomes a new ballgame.

Back