Slice of Life recommendations

DragonBlaze67

Combat Butler
I'm looking for some recommendations of Slice of Life shows, ideally with a dub and available on DVD/Blu-ray. I like to watch slice of life/comedy series inbetween other genre series and i haven't got many left in my backlog to watch, just Mysterious Girlfriend X and Watamote. K-On is one of my favourite slice of life shows so somehting with a similar tone would be good.

Hmmm. The condition of a dub may leave you with a lot less choices in regards to a lot of great SoL. SoL doesn't seem to get dubbed as often as other shows I find. Kiniro Mosaic, Non Non Biyori, Love Live, Shirobako are all great SoL shows but none of them are dubbed. All but Shirobako of those are available on Region 1 or A Blu Ray and DVD however they're all on Crunchyroll

Gotta go with the classic to start with: Azumanga Daioh! Then Nisekoi. If you can stream, then check Sabagebu - Survival Game Club. Crunchyroll lists it as Slice of Life, and it is hilarious.

The dub for Azumanga Daioh is okay. Nisekoi I have no idea as to the quality of the dub, and Sabagebu I think is only available subbed at the moment.

There aren't many with a dub, unfortunately.

Azumanga Daioh
Aiura
Aria the Animation/Natural/Origination
Barakamon
Chi's Sweet Home
Clannad
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Free: Eternal Summer
Time of Eve
Haibane Renmei
Honey and Clover
Hidamari Sketch
Kino's Journey
Kiniro Mosaic
Lucky Star
Mushishi
Natsume Yuujinchou
NANA
Nodame Cantabile (Hoping for an Australian release)
Squid Girl
Sound of the Sky
Yuru Yuri
White Album 2
Usagi Drop

You might have to watch some of them on Crunchyroll. Apologies if you've already seen some of them.

I can definitely heartily recommend Clannad - it's definitely something you have to experience at least once in your life.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, the only ones i've seen out of the ones you've listed are Grave of the Fireflies, Summer Wars and Time of Eve. I'll add the rest to my 'plan to watch' list on MAL once i've sorted my account out on there though.

I've been planning on watching Clannad for awhile but the mix of moe and romance has put me off, i've agreed with a mate that we'll watch it together when we move in together next year though :)

DragonBlaze67 said:
Thanks for the recommendations everyone, the only ones i've seen out of the ones you've listed are Grave of the Fireflies, Summer Wars and Time of Eve. I'll add the rest to my 'plan to watch' list on MAL once i've sorted my account out on there though.

I've been planning on watching Clannad for awhile but the mix of moe and romance has put me off, i've agreed with a mate that we'll watch it together when we move in together next year though :)

I personally don't recommend clannad much honestly. The first season is ok, the second season, After Story is pretty dull and predictable too so yeah. However i will gladly back Azumanga Daioh and Mushishi. If you're willing to look into shows that aren't dubbed and are available on crunchyroll, i highly recommend you go and watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun(Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun), it's ridiculously funny, fantastic characters and a nice change of pace for shoujo i felt.

Back