Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked & 2 in EU

You guys rock! I really wanted to try Devil Survivor out and I had almost given up hope on Overclocked making it's way over. Was not expecting both it and Devil Survivor 2 as well!

Of course now that Ghostlight are a 3DS publisher, I can't wait to see what else you're going to bring over (coughs)ZERO ESCAPE:VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD(coughs) :p

As i said on twitter, tis fantastic news. I'm just surprised i called it, hah. I've been wanting to play these and was even tempted to import them if we never got them, now you get all my money(again). Really looking forward to this.

^ Do you have a US and UK 3DS!?

It's great news Ross! It's good to see that you guys are getting these titles over here, as thanks to nintendo's blasted region locking, is now more essential than ever.

You should release them as a double whammy two game package!

Hmm, I just need to get a 3DS, now.

Oh, right...I knew that, yeah..

But which is better overclocked or 2? If numbers are an indication of quality I would think 2 might pip it, that way I could talk myself out of buying a pricey 3DS, and into a rather a cheap DS. What to do...

Thanks. Glad you guys like the announcement :)

vashdaman said:
^ Do you have a US and UK 3DS!?

It's great news Ross! It's good to see that you guys are getting these titles over here, as thanks to nintendo's blasted region locking, is now more essential than ever.

You should release them as a double whammy two game package!

Hmm, I just need to get a 3DS, now.

We are actually looking into the possibility of a double pack like we did with Persona 2/ Trails in the Sky. Not sure if it will be possible though.

vashdaman said:
Oh, right...I knew that, yeah..

But which is better overclocked or 2? If numbers are an indication of quality I would think 2 might pip it, that way I could talk myself out of buying a pricey 3DS, and into a rather a cheap DS. What to do...

Well overclocked is a remake of the original SMT: Devil Survivor on DS, it includes moer content, voice acting, etc etc. So that is meant to be the definitive version of the first. 2 hasn't been given that treatment yet, but it hasn't been out as long if memory serves, so it's still only the DS version. And they are sequels to one another this time, from what i know. So it'll help to play the first...er..first.

Devil Survivor is AWESOME, so people should totally pick up Overclocked if they don't already have the original.

I didn't even know there was a sequel, so yeah...totally getting that!

Just thought I'd let you know that we now finally have a release date for Devil Survivor Overclocked which will be released on the 5th April for £34.99. Pre-orders will open this Friday on the Ghostlight Store and if you pre-order through the Ghostlight Store you will get free postage in the UK and a rolled A1 poster.

Images of the poster and more information can be found at http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/shin ... lease-date

We're also expecting some news on Devil survivor 2 in the next few weeks.

There is only one thing that could make this game esound even more amazing than it is...Moogles...give this game moogles..and it could be go from Fantastic...to Kupotastic!

Great news! I've never played a Shin Megami Tensei game before, but I am interested in Overclocked. Since the 3DS' launch, I've really tried to go out of my usual comfort zone (See: Pokémon) and explore other games. If I have some money spare around the end of the month, I'll probably pick it up.

I was wondering, in regards to Devil Survivor 2, I'm guessing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 were Nintendo's last real push for the original DS, right? If the problems you're having are due to distribution or something related to a physical copy, have you guys thought about trying to see if Nintendo will let you publish it on the Nintendo 3DS' eShop? Although it's a DS game, I doubt the file size will be small enough to fit into the DSi Shop's size limits, but from what I've gathered, Nintendo seem to be trying to push their online stores. Also, not every 3DS game has to use 3D (I own some that don't).

Joshawott said:
Great news! I've never played a Shin Megami Tensei game before, but I am interested in Overclocked. Since the 3DS' launch, I've really tried to go out of my usual comfort zone (See: Pokémon) and explore other games. If I have some money spare around the end of the month, I'll probably pick it up.

I was wondering, in regards to i]Devil Survivor 2[/i], I'm guessing Pokémon Black Version 22/i] and Pokémon White Version 22/i] were Nintendo's last real push for the original DS, right? If the problems you're having are due to distribution or something related to a physical copy, have you guys thought about trying to see if Nintendo will let you publish it on the Nintendo 3DS' eShop? Although it's a DS game, I doubt the file size will be small enough to fit into the DSi Shop's size limits, but from what I've gathered, Nintendo seem to be trying to push their online stores. Also, not every 3DS game has to use 3D (I own some that don't).

I'm not sure if it will be possible or if it's been looked into but I'll mention it to my boss.

Hi again.

So last time I posted in this thread we were discussing how we could release Devil Survivor 2 and we now have a solution.

We need 1800 pre-orders of Devil Survivor 2 through the Ghostlight Store to break even on the manufacturing costs. If we can do that by the end of August we'll release the game towards the end of September if not everyone will get their money refunded.

Everyone who pre-orders the game through us will get their name in the manual and will also get an A4 poster. There's also a bundle with Devil Survivor Overclocked which will give you a £10 discount on DSO.

More details including pricing can be found at http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/ghos ... rders-open

Back