Shadow Hearts: Something or other New World - Hitting the UK

Gallus Glee

Dandy Guy, in Space
Anybody else surprised by this? I looked for a UK release date for this game about a month ago, found absolutely buttski on it, assumed it wasn't gonna happen this late in the PS2's life cycle.

Well blow me down, I was flicking through play's release schedule and there it is.

As much as I liked the original, I thought Covenant was even better, so I was annoyed at the thought of not being able to play the third in the series. Not anymore, come to daddy... and why are all the RPGs getting released now? And where did Shin Megami Tensai mania come from? Hadn't even heard of the sods before buying Nocturne cheap, now there's.. four of them?

Still life in the PS2 yet. Ooh, side note, Zombie Virus/Zombie Vs Ambulance is out, anyone tried it yet?

McIcy said:
Sweet another Kingdom Hearts game I am smiling as I loved the previous ones
Easy to confuse (i know other people that do it as well), but Shadow Hearts isn't anything to do with Sora + crew.

It's kind of a gothic RPG, the first one was quite morbid and sinister anyway...

McIcy said:
Sweet another Kingdom Hearts game I am smiling as I loved the previous ones

I wish...

Its a Cult Series, with Yuri as the main protaganist in the series. but this is a Side Story, and has little connection with the Shadow Hearts 1 and 2, and revovles around a Character named Johnny Garland, a Young detective who lost his memories in a car crash.

He inherited loads of money from his father, but he abandon it in favour of a detective agency, where he wants to help people, and regain his memories.

He then end up meeting Shania, a bounty hunter capable of transforming into monster (like Yuri, but with a Indian American theme and errm... taking her clothes off, but no nudity) after Johnny saw a Monster came from the Window ( a portal created by Malice, negative energy from the tower released in SH : Covenant).

They end up going on a journey together to find out about the Window, and Proffesor Gilbert with two mysterious people, Killer and Lady.

So far, its not as good as SH 2 in my opinion, but its got the best battle system in the series, and a Drunken cat who knows Drunken Fist, that pwns....

sh310.jpg

See, this cat = Pwnsome

On play.com they have put the date for Shadow Hearts back to 25th May which is a bit of a shame. At least that nice £17.99 price is still going for others to pre-order! :D

The same company who's releasing this is also doing Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner so I guess it makes sense to spread their RPGs out as not many people would buy two within a week of each other.

Back