1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Senran Kagura OT | 5th Anniversary Game Revealed!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NormanicGrav, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Joshawott

Joshawott Monsieur Monster AUKN Staff

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Shinovi Versus EU censored

My guess is actually that the problem board would have been Australia. For example, High School DxD is banned in New Zealand, while we have it as an uncut 15.

In regards to why that particular region couldn't have its own censored release, it was explained (by XSEED I think), that such a decision would require a whole new master to be made, which would be really expensive for a niche game on an under-performing platform.

To be honest, I do think people are really blowing this out of proportion. The only subtitles that have been removed are the various girls making statements like "Hey there!" and "How embarrassing!" when you poke them in the Dressing Room mode. The full raunchiness of the main story is still intact and tbh, it doesn't take much away from the game.

2. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  3. Joshawott

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - 17 mins of Estival Versus gamepla

I totally didn't use multiple leftover gift card points and balances to get Bon Appétit for 17p.

And I really want a PS4 for Estival Versus (its LE comes with the Gessen girls!).

4. Aaron

Aaron Death Scythe

I just got Shinovi Versus and Bon Appetit pretty cheap (though not 17p, sadly). They've both got 40% off on the PSN Store, so I combined that with the 10% off code to get them both and Pier Solar all for under £25.

5. NormanicGrav

I was considering Bon Appetit! in the sale but I do have my own policy of 'if the title has a physical copy, then get the physical copy' and 'if it's cut/censored, get the other versions available'. I know it doesn't bother many people but I wouldn't mind getting the Japanese version (heck I'm actually keen on picking up the Vita double pack which comes with the pre-order bonuses). In case people don't know, Bon Appetit!'s retail release in Japan contains both A and B parts on the cartridge and a new trophy list so if you like stackable trophies you're in luck.

6. NormanicGrav

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - New Estival Versus Trailer!

A new trailer for Estival Versus has been shown off, including footage of customisable hair styles and clothes and also multiplayer with up to 10 players for PS4 and 4 players for Vita.

The dressing room was also shown off and for that alone I still don't see the game getting a uncut/uncensored release over here. I expect Marvelous Europe will most likely censor the game before giving it to PEGI to decide).

7. NormanicGrav

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Deep Crimson Physical Edition! [N

Marvelous Europe have announced they will be releasing Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson for PAL territories in both digital and physical editions for summer 2015.

[​IMG]

And that's not all...

THE HAPPY BOOB EDITION!

All physical copies will only be available through Marvelous Europe's website.

Physical Edition (Early Bird) - £24.99 - SOLD OUT
    [​IMG]
    Physical Edition - £32.99
    [​IMG]
    'Happy Boobs' Edition! - £49.99
    [​IMG]
    Shinobi Collector's Edition - £74.99
    [​IMG]
    Ultimate Shinobi Collector's Edition - £74.99 - SOLD OUT
    [​IMG]
    Marvelous Europe also explained the current success and issues with the previous Senran Kagura titles and other things:
    ^
    Pretty much if this methods works very well then the chances of seeing a physical and special release for Estival Versus will increase.

8. Joshawott

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Deep Crimson Physical Edition! [N

I was hoping to order the Ultimate Shinobi Edition, but came home from a shopping trip to find out that it had sold out. I think I'll get the Happy Boobs Edition instead, because I don't think I'd actually use the wall scroll (no space and I live in the family home) or mouse-mat (I use a laptop with a track-point).

9. NormanicGrav

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Dead or Alive & Ikki Tousen in EV

Estival Versus gets some interesting downloadable content.

Many of you will probably know that Dead or Alive will have Senran Kagura costumes for 5: Final Round (~£2 per costume or ~£32.99 together), but now it's been announced that Ayane from Dead or Alive will also appear in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus. In addition, characters from the infamous Ikki Tousen franchise (most notably from the latest season/OVA; Ikki Tousen: Extravaganza Epoch) will also appear.

[​IMG][​IMG]

They're all paid DLC however and will be available soon.

10. NormanicGrav

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Dead or Alive & Ikki Tousen in EV DLC

While XSEED will be releasing Estival Versus this fall, Marvelous Europe have just announced their plans to release the series early 2016:
    We'll see what happens before I decide to pre-order, after how they handled Shinovi Versus and Bon Appetit I've put a grain of salt against this company. I'll give them a chance for Deep Crimson, Corpse Party: Blood Drive and this title. I'll probably end up getting 2 copies of Estival Versus anyway (one from Japan, one from this release).

Here's a link to the main Estival Versus pre-order page

11. NormanicGrav

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Estival Versus arriving in EU Early 2016

What's in store for pre-orders:

Note: These sets can only be ordered at Marvelous Europe's website, they will not be made available on other sites like Amazon or Rice Digital.

PlayStation Vita options:
    PS Vita - Standard Physical Edition - £34.99
    [​IMG]
    PS Vita - Kagura Millennium Festival Edition - £44.99
    [​IMG]
    PS Vita - Bahonkas Edition - £74.99
    [​IMG]
    PS Vita - Surprise Shinobi Slippery Splash-n-Spray Sports Special - £109.99
    [​IMG]
    PlayStation 4 options:
    PS4 - Standard Physical Edition - £44.99
    [​IMG]
    PS4 - Kagura Millennium Festival Edition - £54.99
    [​IMG]
    PS4 - Bahonkas Edition - £84.99
    [​IMG]
    PS4 - Surprise Shinobi Slippery Splash-n-Spray Sports Special - £119.99
    [​IMG]

12. Invisible Crane

Invisible Crane School Idol

I never ever thought I would see the day a body pillow would be made available in the UK, even as an expensive collectors edition

13. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

It's just a case and there are a ton of Body Pillow cases on eBay. Not that I've looked or anything...

14. Invisible Crane

Invisible Crane School Idol

Oh I see, isin't SK:EV that game that came with an OAV in it's original Japanese release that was notable for having a ton of nudity? (something the series did not have?)

15. NormanicGrav

Yeah the Estival Versus OVA has nipples lol.

But I seriously don't think it would be a good idea to include for these releases anyway, it would probably end up bumping up the rating if the game did end up with a 16 in the end (I seriously think the game will probably get an 18 at the very least, 1080p 60fps Senran Kagura fun may be a bit too much for the PEGI reviewers).

16. NormanicGrav

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Deep Crimson (3DS) now available to buy on Amazon UK

If you have yet to pickup Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson on the Nintendo 3DS, to my surprise Marvelous Europe have put the standard edition up on Amazon UK for £32.99 (same price as what pre-orders were).

17. Y-San

Y-San Shinki

It's all about the materials used, man. Some fabrics are inherently superior to others, so cheap/knock off covers are usually of a lower quality and as a result not as comfortable. Not that I would know or anything.

18. Joshawott

Just thought I'd mention that I reviewed Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson. Was very impressed with it. I absolutely can't wait for Estival Versus =3.

19. Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz Death Scythe

Estival Versus update http://estivalversus.com/updates/

They have sketches of the Dakimakura included in the top tier set. The upgrade from game to game + art book/presentation box/sound track is £10, but it's £30 more to add the Dakimakura, possibly worth it considering how expensive legit ones are.

20. NormanicGrav

New trailer revealed:

[​IMG]