#SaveShenmue

Vashdaman

Za Warudo
I'd like to bring the slick new Team Yu website to everyone's attention again: http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III

The forum and site of the campaign to help Yu Suzuki realize his ambition to continue the seminal Shenmue saga. You can find all kinds of relevant information about the campaign there, feed virtual kittens and buy virtual capsule toys with virtual yen, and most importantly of all, if you have twitter, you can sign up to the sites auto-tweet feature, which insures that on the third of every month, during our monthly #SaveShenmue tweetathons, your twitter account will send out a tweet (of your own wording) that includes that ever so vital hashtag.

I know many here haven't even played Shenmue, but I urge all gamers with a heart to partake in this. It's about more than just Shenmue, it's about justice being done to art.

Even if you don't have or use twitter yet, it's very simple to just set up an account for the sole purpose of partaking in the tweetathons, that's what I did.

Fire away if you have any thoughts/questions. :)

Whenever the third day of the month rolls by, I'm on Twitter backing the #SaveShenmue campaign. I would buy a PS4 or WiiU just to get the third game. Make it happen Sony/Nintendo.

ha, I didn't know you participated Genki old chap, that's good to hear. :)

Have you signed up to the auto-tweet? It's the most efficient way to ensure you'll always have your voice heard on the third.

I've been in contact with the brains behind this campaign since the very beginning, and he's put in a tremendous amount of effort, thought, and time into everything (as is evident from the website, which I think is a really lovely virtual homage to Shenmue), so it's gratifying seeing the inroads it's made, even if there is still much more to be done.

Pleased to hear it Bakum4tsu! And remember, it's not just about tweeting the hell out of the powers that be once a month, it is crucial to try and use the time in between tweetathons to spread the word about our campaign and cause, so even more people participate. For example Bakum4tsu, you could try and spread the word in Portuguese language speaking places, where our campaign in currently under-represented.

vashdaman said:
ha, I didn't know you participated Genki old chap, that's good to hear. :)

Have you signed up to the auto-tweet? It's the most efficient way to ensure you'll always have your voice heard on the third.

I've been in contact with the brains behind this campaign since the very beginning, and he's put in a tremendous amount of effort, thought, and time into everything (as is evident from the website, which I think is a really lovely virtual homage to Shenmue), so it's gratifying seeing the inroads it's made, even if there is still much more to be done.

I'm tempted to sign up for the auto-tweet and put the chibi Ryo Hazuki in my Twitter avatar. I'll check out the site.

Thanks Genki! Please do check out the site, a lot of TLC has gone into the making of it. And please do consider the auto-tweet, I can't recommend it enough, and to be honest it's at the core of the site and our current strategy.

Back