Samurai Champloo US Release

elaniel

Vampire Ninja
HI all,

Just got through a copy of Samurai Champloo from the USA (Funimation release).

Imagine my surprise on opening and finding discs with BBFC and MVM Entertainment printed on them. It also states Region B. No Funimation logos anywhere on the discs.

Has there been some sort of really confusing mix-up? Or was the Funimation release reprinted with MVM logos to co-share authoring on a later print run?

Edit: Picture here
b62hzq.jpg

That's interesting, I gather MVM released the exact same discs but you'd expect that the Funi ones would have the Funi logo.

Just checked my MVM set and they are the exact same ones :eek:

Well that's depressing as hell. I don't want those logos when I get a copy of Champloo one day. Worse of all it's from TRSI (based on your pics from the Photos thread) so I might as well look elsewhere until I hear some good news.

How strange! I've never heard of this happening that way around. I have the UK release so I'm afraid I can't help; I guess it's a good way to counter importing but the US-based fans who get that set must be confused.

I guess if they ran off a batch of discs with MVM's art on the front and a batch with FUNi's, it's not impossible that a spindle or two could have been mixed up in the factory.

R

NormanicGrav said:
Well that's depressing as hell. I don't want those logos when I get a copy of Champloo one day. Worse of all it's from TRSI (based on your pics from the Photos thread) so I might as well look elsewhere until I hear some good news.

logos on discs are that big a deal to you? Each to their own I suppose but I can't say id be that bothered just as long as they work!

britguy said:
NormanicGrav said:

logos on discs are that big a deal to you? Each to their own I suppose but I can't say id be that bothered just as long as they work!

Sorry I guess not, it was just a quick reaction to the image.

To be honest I don't mind but imagine what would happen if the discs were actually region locked to B and they placed them in the US sets, that would be interesting.

The MMB code on the disc is a Madman SKU (the MBR above it is is MVM). If these are being split three ways it is really odd that the only included the one logo.

Back