Sakura Wars Cosplay competition

chaos

The Boss
Anime UK News and NIS America join forces for this amazing competition! We will give away copies of the <b>Sakura Wars: So long, my love</b> game to the best cosplayers.
<i>Sakura Wars: So long, my love</i> is the first game of this legendary franchise to be released in English and it arrives in UK shops on the 2nd of April. Make sure to get your copy.
And while the game is not out, why not join our competition? See the full details on our <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/competitions.php">Competitions page</a>.

I'll be importing my copy for Canada because unfortunaly while the US/Canada get the Wii and PS2 versions we're only getting the Wii version.

There are probably about four fans of the Sakura Taisen games in the entire country, and my aversion to cosplay means they're ruling out at least 25% of them by setting up such an odd competition.

I will admit that it's kind of cool that you've got it tied in with AUKN, though, chaos, will be looking forward to what else you can come up with.

landlock said:
I'll be importing my copy for Canada because unfortunaly while the US/Canada get the Wii and PS2 versions we're only getting the Wii version.

and to make it worse, the PS2 version is the only one getting both the sub and dub editions, the poor wii is only getting the dub.

Nice idea for the contest but again, there's only so few willing to do cosplay.

The other mark against the competition is the dates involved.

Sure, have a competition, but having the winners being announced after the game has been released is a terrible idea. At least let people know before it's released so that they can cancel their orders if they had any.

Fudce said:
Why am I suddenly tempted to wear a green quilt and tie my hair in braided twintails?
=) I want to see this.

ilmaestro said:
There are probably about four fans of the Sakura Taisen games in the entire country, and my aversion to cosplay means they're ruling out at least 25% of them by setting up such an odd competition.
Oh, I'm a fan as well, although this will be the first time I know what I'm doing on the games.... =D

ilmaestro said:
I will admit that it's kind of cool that you've got it tied in with AUKN, though, chaos, will be looking forward to what else you can come up with.
I'm always trying to make this interesting. Sometimes with good, others with bad ideas, but anyway, I always hope it works out in the end, but I'm an incorrigible optimist.

Fudce said:
The other mark against the competition is the dates involved.

Sure, have a competition, but having the winners being announced after the game has been released is a terrible idea. At least let people know before it's released so that they can cancel their orders if they had any.
Noted, the competition idea was not mine. I'll have to consult with the PR company for SW and check if we can amend the dates, there is quite some time yet, so it might work out.

Back