Sailor Moon S

I have decided to shed more light onto Sailor Moon, but especially series 3 named Sailor Moon S (Super) aka. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S. Most people think it's exactly like the first two series, where Sailor Moon saves the day with a monster of the week. Well it is, but then it isn't.
SMS takes a darker turn with the introduction of some new older Sailor Senshi and their dramatic fight for the talismans and holy grail to prevent the rise of a great evil. Infact, it's my favourite Sailor Moon series - the characters are defined well and the enemies have their own unique personalities. Throw in some romance, comedy, angst, backstabbing, an epic mature (for sailor moon it is!) storyline and you get some classic anime watching. A lot of people will disagree with me of course!

Sailor Moon S is a great series and blows every other so-called 'magical' girl show out of the water. Card Captor..what? :wink:

Topic can't be complete with some screenshots:

It's a shame that Fox Kids never picked this up - it would have converted a few! Maybe it's something to do with the infamous 'cousins'! I'm sure nearly everyone has watched an episode or two from the first two series but Sailor Moon S 0wns them hands down. Not even Sailor Moon Stars can beat this - the only worthwhile part of Stars is the first 5 and the last 5 episodes.
Any views or bashing (within reason) welcome!
________
Suzuki gz series

I wish I could buy this on DVD. v_v

Sailor Uranus & Neptune ftw, best couple ever. Isn't this the best part of the series, excluding Sailor Stars and I see why you said why you said the first and last 5. Nehelenia arc and into Sailor Galaxia's lair.

BabyDaddy said:
I wish I could buy this on DVD. v_v

I think it's still licensed by Geneon (I'm not sure though) and it will be hard to get now - unless it's a bootleg from eBay or extreme prices on amazon sellers. I got my 6 DVDs 3 years ago and never regretted it, it's not just the best Sailor Moon series - but my favourite anime series!

BabyDaddy said:
Sailor Uranus & Neptune ftw, best couple ever

Totally! I like Neptune more than Uranus but I can't deny THE classic couple. :D

BabyDaddy said:
Isn't this the best part of the series, excluding Sailor Stars and I see why you said why you said the first and last 5. Nehelenia arc and into Sailor Galaxia's lair.

You are correct! :wink: Another reason why Stars is not as good as S - the Sailor Starlights plotline which felt tacked on and very unecessary. They hog up all the time screen time and hardly any outer senshi=wtf. Seiya, Yaten and Taiki were just more extreme versions of Mars, Mercury and Moon personality wise. The fact that Mamoru was booted out for the most of the series made me happy for a while - but instead I find Seiya much more irritating! lol.
The world is lacking much needed Sailor Moon! I wonder if one day they'll remake Sailor Moon S into Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. That would be interesting to say the least!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like sailor moon but never seen this one! actully i might have seen one episode by sis downloaded but then again i do like the original but this one sounds more better!

Back